1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Adrian Peterson says he is healthy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thatwasatd, May 12, 2018.

1. thatwasatd

thatwasatd Member

Dec 17, 2017
    The franchise tag for Bell is too much. Look at what Phily did with money for their defense. Maybe Jaylen Samuels can pick up the third down duties.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Adrian Peterson is the reason that the tag is so high. I'd rather have Bell.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    AP is done. Looking like Bell is going to be a one year 14 million rental. Then it will be off to a different option. Unless he some how comes down to reality on his contract demands, but I think the Steelers have drawn the line in the sand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    AP said he was healthy when he was the cards back for 6 games last year, but ended up injured, yeah he's healthy until he gets hit a few times again, face it, after 12 years as a running back he needs to retire, in his last 3 years his average per carry is pitiful 2016 1.9 with the vikings, in 2017 with the saints it was 3.0 and with the cards it was 3.5, his 12,276 career yards are respectful but with that many yards he is just a beat up old back who has to realize he had a great run but it's over now....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm probably in the minority, but if Bell goes down in late preseason or early reg. season, I would be very tempted to make that call. It may be a RBBC with him due to age but I would be fine with that. Coach Saxon had him in MN so there's that connection.

7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Too old, I'd rather have an UDFA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If you want to pay him while he's on IR thats what will happen again this year, just like last year:

Mar 2018:
    The reality of Peterson playing for the Cardinals was short-lived and is now over, after the team released him Tuesday in a move that wasn’t unexpected.

Peterson, who turns 33 in March, finished the season on injured reserve, missing the final five games of the year with a scary neck injury suffered against Jacksonville. He played in six games for the Cardinals after arriving in a trade with the Saints on Oct. 10, gaining 448 yards on 129 carries with two touchdowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who?.....fixed it for ya

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty safe he won’t get hurt in preseason.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    We got Ben and Bell for our drama queen's. We don't need AP and Bell whining around together too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sign him
    Sign everyone

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Sounds nice, the reality is Bell is over 60% of the Steeler's offense. He's a critical component to moving the chains, and the best running back in the NFL at the present time.

We'd be an absolute fool to not have him play on the tag this year, and in my opinion fools for not getting him signed for another 3 to 4 years.

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't know about that. Gurley, Fournette, Elliot and Kamara are pretty good RBs. I'd take any of those RBs right now over Bell and all of his immature social media baggage and whiney-ness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's whiney to put "be patient" with the date of the first game on his twitter? Who's really creating the drama here? You as well as I know that if the media wasn't taking what he said and running with it to create a story, no one would think anything of it.

But because people can't think for themselves anymore, they need to buy into the drama created by all the media, talkshows, etc looking to get your views.

Bell is like anyone else that is making a business decision. He is arguably the best Running Back in football with both the run and the pass, and his stats reflect that.

What also reflects it is the LACK OF OFFENSIVE PRODUCTION when he was not in the game.

It's kind of hard to make a good point as to otherwise.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/1/1...onio-brown-patriots-afc-championship-2017-nfl

Bell

Percentage of offensive snaps - 87% at the least

Receptions - 2nd behind Antonio Brown

I could go on and on, but people actually think that Conners and our Rookie Samuels that has never played a down in the NFL is the answer for replacing Bell.

Le'Veon Bell is like Ryan Shazier. You don't 'replace' these types of players because they can't be replaced ultimately.

We will see a marketable decline in our offensive production as a whole when Le'Veon Bell leaves.

And I can blame the media AND THE FANS now for buying the BS drama and making that happen.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    How many Super Bowls have the Steelers won with Bell at RB? It's not the end of the world if Bell goes elsewhere, IMO. I don't buy into the whole "losing Bell would be catastrophic" myth. Steelers have made it to Super Bowls with Bam Morris, Erric Pegram and Rashard Mendenhall. Good RBs... but not great ones.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm also not buying that Ben's going to be playing for 3 let alone 5 more years. I honestly think the guy will be retiring now 1 to 2 years out. He's starting to look like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz out there.

Which it's nice to have a good underneath option to rely on for whatever young QB, Mason or otherwise, to rely on.

Think it's pretty important to get the guy signed. Not the end of times, but we do currently have a very special player at this position.

And I think everyone can agree that Le'Veon Bell is not the reason the Steelers haven't won a Superbowl in the past 5 years.

Also everyone can agree that he is probably a good reason to why we made the playoffs.

20. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Getting hurt in preseason? LOl. Bell is not even gonna be on the sideline preseason............

21. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Those runningbacks mentioned are pretty friggin good. Bam morris would have been an incredible rb if he could stay out of trouble and put the cheeseburgers down. But what did those runningbacks have that bell does not? A great defense. You kind of think if we had those defenses last year we might have won the sbl. We put up 42 points and almost 600 yds against best defense in league mainly cause of bell. If we let bell walk this year we have zero shot at going anywhere. With this pathetic defense we nned to put up as much points as possible.......

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    His ship has sailed.

23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bell has a lot of usage on him between the carries and catches. He is 26 going on 27 this year. Running backs no matter how great tend to slow down a bit at age 28-30. Don't forget we won one with Willie Parker.