1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

And Ya'll thought we didn't draft an ILB!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, May 11, 2018.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Terrell Edmounds ..... Have you seen this guys size and speed.......

Since the NFL plays sub-packages 70# of the time I predict Terrell will play a ILB role in our 2018 defense ...

After all he has been assigned number 34, which was LB Andy Russell's number from the Steel Curtain days!!!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Speed and Andy Russell don’t belong in the same paragraph.

He once returned a fumble 93 yards. Joe Greene said Russell was so slow he had to block the same guy 3 times. Another player said they were afraid Russell was going to be called for a delay of game penalty.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    On a serious note. I think it is clear Terrell was drafted for his versatility on defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They tried to press him after practice today about where he will play and he said he couldn't give any of Coach T''s secrets.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Terrell is a hybrid player; one that can cover both linebacking and safety responsibilities. He has the range of a Free Safety, tackling ability of a Strong Safety and tenacity of a linebacker.

He is our "Dime 'Backer". Considering the position already contains a pseudo form of "omnipresence" on the field, Edmunds will be employed and deployed in all sorts of ways we have not seen our safeties utilized since my avatar was in his prime.

Granted, I doubt his instincts will be even close to Troy's but I do believe that he has all the tangibles and intangibles to be a rock solid player.

Best of all Cajun, we have a contingency plan should anything bad happen to Edmumds in Marcus Allen. He is mainly a box safety but hybrids mainly are that anyways sans those with range like Edmunds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    LOL!!!

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep an eye on Matthew Thomas too. He'll have to cut his teeth on ST but he has the speed and athleticism they like in an ILB. Just have to develop him. Could be a 3 down player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree, Dime backer sounds right.

9. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't know if he'll be a 3 down backer anytime soon. His path will be on ST first and foremost. He is athletic and fast but he's actually slower than our new RB from NC State.... Which speaks well of him....

Cajun

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    TE looked pretty good in collage.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually Thomas ran a 4.44 40 at his pro day. His short area quickness really stands out. Many guys don't go out and get these track coaches to help them with their starts to get better 40 times for the cameras. The play speed and the quickness drills tell a lot. 4.28- 6.85 rival some corners, FS and SS. He out jumps most of them and is much bigger. He's very athletic. If they can put it from brain to feet we will have something very good from this kid. :cool:

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

He will be a liability if he covers any WRs who go deep; he will get fried.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    You hate the guy but when he proves you wrong then you can eat some crow, every player you wanted in the draft had their flaws and weaknesses as well, Edmunds will over come any problems he may have in coverage, you can count on that.....

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Edmonds was drafted to replace Shazier. His versatility is a strength.

15. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I started following our local high school football about 4-5 yrs ago. The HS plays the school that Edmonds attended. I am sure I saw him play in HS, even though I dont remember it. I know "cool story, big deal" but when you come from a small town like mine, it is pretty cool. His dad is the coach of the high school and also played in the NFL. They have a pretty decent football program.

I dont know yet if I agree with taking him 1st round but I hope he does well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I understand. I follow my high school somewhat. Years ago I watched a game where some nobody kid named Dan Marino beat my team.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I was going by combine numbers where they both ran on the same surface/conditions where Samuels ran a 4.54 and Thomas ran a 4.58.... Both ran a 4.28 2 U.S. Shuttle and three cone= 6.93 vs 6.85 going to Thomas.

Thomas has potential for sure... He'll have to beat out Vince and dirty Red which I doubt happens this year/ maybe not next year. Don't sleep on Fort either. ST will be his path this year and Hopefully it'll be a solid one.

Cajun