1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steelers normal mode is state of turmoil."

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, May 11, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    On Will Cain Show, Dan Graziano said the Steelers' normal mode of operation in the locker room is constant turmoil. I don't know about you, but our head coach inferiority seems to be showing once again.

I am not sure a state of constant turmoil is a good thing.

The fact that Tomlin is so "loosey goosey" has and will cost us a ring or three. I can't stand how this team is lacking of discipline and focus, and that falls on the head coach, but Rooney does nothing about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not that you can tell by one of our supposed leaders mouthing off lately but I believe Tomlin has been put on notice and he will be expected to reel this bunch back in. Once the season starts its gonna be interesting to see how it transpires. This may be a put up or shut up year for coaches and players....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    We won our lst SB inspite of Tomlin,

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Who is Dan Graziano and how does he know what is happening in the Steelers' lockroom. OH! I GET IT! He is a PUNDIT. No doubt an all-knowing PUNDIT! We ALL should believe everything he writes or utters without doubt. Duh! You are grasping at any straws in order to knock the second best coach in the NFL.

Below is Dan Graziano! Note the National part which means he has no local knowledge. WOW! OH, yeah! I see where he has specifically covered the Steelers for ... NEVER! Go try to dig up anther bovine scatologist so you can attempt anther flawed attempt to knock the 2nd BEST NFL COACH without a doubt. Sure you can argue with his coaching style, but not with his results.

Dan Graziano was named a National NFL Insider for ESPN in July 2016. He contributes to NFL Insiders, NFL Live, SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine. Graziano joined ESPN in 2011 as an NFC East blogger covering the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. Two years later, ESPN established its 32-member NFL Nation Network and tabbed Graziano as the Giants reporter. Also in 2013, he began to appear on NFL Insiders as a contributor. Prior to his career at ESPN, Graziano covered football and baseball for AOL Fanhouse. He also served as a national baseball writer for The Star Ledger of Newark, N.J. and the New York Yankees beat writer for the Star-Ledger.

5. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I honestly think, like in SB years past, it will have to be leadership coming from players for, if not, Tomlin is over his head in providing such. Ben has grown _some_ as a leader; Heyward is one, hopefully TJ will become one. We need them as Tomlin is lost in this area and it is obvious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Non local reporters speak more Steeler truth than local yinzers; local guys are threatened with losing perks if they say anything that doesn't put a positive spin on the team. This is a known fact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I have to say I somewhat agree with that. A lot of them work of the Steelers through SNR so you aren't going to get much out of them. They are definitely judicious in how they speak...

Its starts with camp. Can Tomlin instill discipline?

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Is there a link or something to what he said?

Difficult to assess without context.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good lord, someone seems to start posts just to get attention.

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    You lost me at Will Cain.

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Are the Steelers in more turmoil than almost any other NFL team? I think no.

And I think it's getting less so. Matavis Bryant's circus sideshow has left town. As has Mike Mitchell, the empty barrel that made the most noise. The Drama ofTodd Haley isn't here either. This will be the last season of Lev Bells will-he-or-won't-he-? saga.

So old dig Ben smacks down the young pup reindeer. So what? This is one time thing, it won't persist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Is this even recent? I swear this was a headline from a while ago, though, I don't know who Dan Graziano is.
    Not a fact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Not a fact at all. These outsiders talk out of their ass, they arent in the locker room.

Like Cowturd :bscow:

Havent even gotten to camp yet and the locker room is already in turmoil :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What gives you the impression he was put on notice?

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    For sure....I don't but knowing how the Rooneys tend to operate they have to be a little embarrassed about how our seasons ended the last 2 years....every year Mr. Rooney has his input on what he would like to see us do better and that aspect might not have been said out in the open but I gotta pretty strong feeling it has been discussed ....

16. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hear ya but i also hear how a lot of players (and pundits) comment about what a great "players'" coach MT is and the Rooney may not want to mess with that aspect of his relationship with the players. I could easily see them focusing on on-the-field concerns and leaving it to him to decide how best to achieve those results. How do you feel when your in-laws tell you how you should be raising your kids? :)

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know IMO I feel the locker room is almost as important as what takes place on the field. Dissension in the locker room has a major effect on a teams performance,just look at the anthem fiasco. Oh and if my in- laws were paying me millions of dollars I might be more apt to listen:smiley1:

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree and disagree. Yes, to some degree the outsiders talk out of their ass. But, the local media cover this team like adoring, squealing fan girls. When a big story breaks: like Lev Bells suspension or Todd Haleys New Yrs Eve incident, it's reported by outsiders, the local guys don't break it, but cover it after the fact. Are the local guys afraid to get on the bad side of the team? Sometimes, it sure looks like it.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect there is a fine line if you want team access.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ive seen Ray Fittipaldo and Ed Buchette be plenty critical of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Listen to the ESPN talking heads. When they speak about the Steelers generally they get it wrong. These pundits are entertainers, not real sports journalists. They know less than what you or I know about our team. They can't. Real fans focus on their team, the talking heads don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Every time I read one of these threads, I always think of Blazing Saddles, and the lookout in the tower.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah I don't get these constantly critical so-called fans.
    At some point you have to ask yourself, if I'm not happy and I disagree with almost everything they do then why am I a fan?

Plus yeah someone is a serious attention whore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Not to the VERY heart of problems, like Tolin running a loose ship with no discipline. I never heard them speak to that.

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Or that might not be the heart of the problems. Alternatively.

If you’ve assumed your conclusion in your premise, it doesn’t work as an argument.

• Like Like x 1