1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I agree. If the Pens don't make it I don't want either Nashville or Washington to win it.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jets vs Vegas and likely Tampa vs craps.

I got Tampa vs jets

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The defense is failing with mental lapses that shouldn't be happening. The 2 on 1's they've given up this series is unbelievable!

That's where they're failing this year!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    they are leaving murray out to dry. That and our puck luck is just not there.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, Holtby has made some good saves, but he's really gotten lucky on many of those as he didn't know where the puck was.

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Character test for the Pens tonight. They need to come out and play like the back to back two time defending Stanley Cup champions they are, win or lose. If they do that everything will be fine.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Ugg, they look slow and can't handle the puck at all!

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The mental Lapses by guys on D is what's killing them. Letang already with some mistakes, but Murray standing tall. Washington is still putting four if not five guys in tight around the net. So they are going to have to get guys moving or odd man rushes to get some pucks on Holtby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not getting the lack of guys getting in front of the net. They flash through but don't stay at the angles to get the deflections.

On that last chance with the Sheary shot-pass, Malkin had his stick slashed out of his hands...

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well we talked about it all season guys, the moves Rutherford didn't make came back to haunt them. ITs the not replacing Bonino and Cullen, the not getting more solid on D, it was Murray's inconsistency and youth, it was no true 3rd line center. Really the biggest one of all was no one to hit back against the Caps. We give up a good prospect in Sundqvist for Reaves and have to dump him to get Brassard, who I feel never got a chance to really gel with this team. Going to take time to digest this one, look at the off season and come back and win it all

11. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Agreed.

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    It was just a matter of time. Nothing went the pens way and they looked dead. This caps team was bad and dominated us lol

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just like in football you can't keep all the players you would like. The caps wanted it more. Pens had no jump
    in their step last night. Still very proud of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens play over the past two seasons and most of this season was outstanding.
    It was time for that run to end and start a new run next season. The Pens helped
    me raise $34,000.00 for the two animal shelters I try to help. Two years ago they were 9-1 to win the Cup and I bet $1,000.00 and last year they were 8-1 and I bet another $1,000.00. So I won $17,000.00 over the two years and both shelters had some wealthy supporters that were willing to match contributions when I made mine. The 17 thousand wound up being 34 thousand which was split between the two shelters.

That is nothing to them considering their budgets and expenses, but it was the most I have been able to contribute recently so it made me feel better. My wife has been gone 10 years and I have been fortunate enough to be able keep my promise to her. With some heath concerns, I'm not sure how long this will be able to keep in place so i'll just go day by day and see what happens next.

Great back to back Stanley Cup wins by the Pens The core of the team is in place so next season should be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you Pens for all the exciting play and thank you Fan for all you do for our furry little friends. Both have been very inspirational these past few years. I'm now puling for LV and MAF to win it all this year. That would be some story. Raising a glass to you Fan (prune juice), here's to your health and big heart. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks. Good health to you also.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    this pens team will be exciting going forward. We were hobbled, depleted, tired and letang'd lol. need to regroup, get healthy, get a player or two and see what happens. I have more faith in the pens winning their 3rd in 4 years than Big ben winning his 3rd lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Pens looked like they ran out of gas. That trade really hurt us funny how things work out sometimes

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Just really bad breakdowns this year. The number of 2 on 1's they gave up in this series was inexcusable!

Letang needs to work on his play-off defense. He's always having lapses in the play-offs. Kessel had to have really been hurt. He couldn't handle a puck for all the tea in China!

Just didn't have that strength all the way through the 4 lines like they did the previous years.

Sid went back to pass way too much mode instead of shooting when he had the chance. No one sitting in front of the net on Holtby. Lightning are going to eat him up! Ovie is not going to get those free breaks from their defense.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup. Previous years Murray was standing on his head when our defense was lapsing... AND we could rely on other lines scoring or at least pushing the puck back in their zone. We weren't getting shot attempts, making boneheaded gaffes and murray letting a couple softies. Lady luck definitely was not with us this year.

Boo hoo I guess I'll put on the 2016-2017 Stanley cup dvd;s to cry myself to sleep

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Relax, the Patriots never had a three-peat! The pressure will be off next year and they can just sneak up on everyone. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm doing some single game betting on the hockey playoffs and starting off with the the Jets over the Preds tonight. I just don't like the Preds at all.

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    One game in the win column. Now I'm taking the Lightning in every game against the Caps. I have a feeling the Caps have already mentally and emotionally accomplished their goal by beating the Pens. Don't know yet what I'll do in the other series. I'm thinking I'll go with the Jets.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Folks as much as I hate to say it, I think Caps are finally going to win a championship. They are dominating Tampa at home and I think Tampa is the best team left.

25. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't overlook the Jets.