1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben Not Happy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, May 5, 2018.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sometimes but not always.. You can have an average defense and still win an SB.. You just have to have a really good offenese and put up a ton of points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    So did the 20 or so teams that passed on him lol

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Your argument assumes a lot. You are assuming Rudolph will pan out, which is far from a sure thing. You are assuming the linebacker would be mediocre.

I've said elsewhere that I don't mind the Rudolph pick, but I certainly understand Roethlisberger complaining about it. His concern is and should be winning now and doing everything he can to win while he is still the quarterback. It's not his job to be concerned with what comes after. The Steelers are contenders now and they got weaker offensively and did very little in the draft to help the defense. I like what I see from Washington, but he's not better than Bryant. He doesn't have Bryant's speed or size and he still has to learn to play at the pro level. They also lost Hubbard, leaving them without a veteran third option at tackle.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The argument that an ILB (or any position) can come in and improve the team appreciably is also an assumption. The fact is that the draft is a crapshoot and many times you play the odds and draft value. The Rudolph pick was great value in the third round. And we’re giving Bryant way too much credit IMHO. He’s one toke away from a year long (or maybe longer) suspension and he’s been a major distraction. I can’t believe we got a 3rd round pick for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Holy Crap! I listened to the interview on the radio... can't believe what Ben was saying... he was totally unfiltered. National media is going to have a field day with this...

Ben may just be protective of Landry, didn't Landry marry his sister's best friend or something?

I thought Ben was above this though....

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's not his job to critique the draft in the media afterwards either. But it is his job to be one of the team leaders and nothing he said displayed leadership. In fact, he displayed the opposite and he put both Dobbs and Rudolph in a difficult situation. Great leadership from our 15 year franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Cannot agree enough with that statement. Way too much drama crap the last few years. Brown doing a selfie vid in the locker room as the coach is addressing the team. Bell pay me twice what anyone else gets, surprised he can fit a helmet over that swelled head, Harrison whining like a little ***** and quitting on the team that gave him his career and stardom. Now Ben acting like a spoiled Diva. Your the QB the leader of the team maybe just maybe say the right thing and put team first.

Is it any wonder these guys have not seriously challenged for a SB in the past few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    JU JU seemed to be able to help the team in his first year I don't see why Washington can't do the same. Bryant was in his last year and will be looking for elite money even though he hasn't played consistently enough to warrant elite level WR pay.

9. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    JuJu had 4 fewer targets than Bryant and kicked his ass in every other receiving category. Bryant was a major disappointment last year, IMO. I don't think his production will be hard to replace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger is who he is. That's not going to change. I just think the notion of him looking over his shoulder is silly. He's pissed because he wants help for the team to win a Super Bowl with him, not his replacement.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Washington isn't the player they took with the pick they got for Bryant. They used that on Rudolph. Washington is going to have to play right away because the receiving corps is severely lacking in depth with Bryant traded and Rogers injured.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Don’t see him complaining about the other 3rd round pick that’s not gonna help them this year. He’s scared he will get outplayed.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Not just your opinion mine as well. He is not consistent as a deep threat and very close to being a one trick pony . And then there are issues with character. how long can he stay clean. Oakland is actually one of the better places for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I would think las vegas is the last place bryant needs to be playing, thats like a candy store for players who need to stay clean....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Even if true, what does he hope to accomplish by bitching to the media about it after the draft is over? The Steelers can't go back in time and take someone else to appease Ben and his hurt feelings. He needs to be a professional, suck it up, shut up, and be a leader for this team. Whining in the media and putting his inexperienced teammates in a bad position in no way helps the team or Ben. It was immature and stupid.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There's no way Rudolph could even come close to beating out Roethlisberger for 1st string QB. It's pretty lame that Ben is making something out of nothing. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree and disagree. Agree with your first three sentences. Disagree with your last one. Ben's pissed because of the media coverage his "heir apparent" and the Steelers next "franchise quarterback" is getting. Ben is who he is. A narcissistic, petty, jealous person who wants it to be about him and when he feels threatened he goes into passive-aggressive mode. But, he's been a great quarterback for our organization and has contributed to winning two Super Bowls. That's also who he is and I'm happy about that. But he's being absolutely ridiculous with some of his comments about Rudolph who, at this point, is a totally unproven rookie quarterback who may or may not develop into the next starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't he live outside of Vegas during his year suspension ?

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Big Ben with Drama? Man I've never ever seen this before.

20. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    This team has talent to win now. Trading Bryant doesn't hurt this team as much as some people think. Washington will be a contributor this year and the combo of Brown, Juju and Washington will be pretty nasty next year. Bryant's height will be missed, but not his attitude or drama.

Drafting MR is the franchise looking ahead to a time when Ben isn't there, which could be after this year, it could be 2 or 3 years. Ben has brought this on himself with all his retirement talk. On top of that, he's 36 and in the end of his career. Ben's career has been fantastic. He is one of my favorites and I dread the future without him. That said, given Ben's injuries over his career, 3 more years doesn't seem likely.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey did you guys hear that Ben just signed a contract extension with the Steelers that will go until 2024 and will lower his salary from the 23 million he was due to make this year to 4.5 million? The contract was done at Ben''s request in order to free up as much cap space as possible to get free agents or trade players that will help the team win now......

Wait that didn't really happen? Well then I guess he should shut his mouth about doing things to help the team win now shouldn't he.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Cant find any link that says where he lived, maybe his trainer lived somewhere he worked with but I cant find it...........

23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I look for Bryant to have a good season this year, I woudnt be surprised if he led Rec yrds for the Raiders

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    IMO the media is making a bigger deal out of it than what it should be

• Agree Agree x 1