1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Benjamin 3 to 5 more years....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, May 1, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I don't think we have to worry about that since they just drafted Jackson, but I get what your saying. :thumbs_up:

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Can't we say the same thing about the year we drafted Ben? I mean he was the last one drafted and you can say he is the best out of the 3 no?

Ben is like this remember a year ago Ben was talking about how he wanted weapons and the Steelers got him some? Ben don't want Mason cause he know the Steelers are screwed if LJ or Dobbs come in the game but Mason offers more. Ben now knows that his negotiation power for an extension just took a small hit. jmo

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bradshaw was pretty much a game manager in SB IX. But I would disagree that in SB X he wasn't very good. Stats were humdrum, but Bradshaw was great when he had to be. The shot he took to the head from the Cowboys DL (DD Lewis?) as he stood in and threw an unbelievable strike to Lynn Swann for the TD that put the game away was a thing of beauty. That head shot would get a defensive player a half season suspension today. And in Super Bowls XIII and XIV Bradshaw lived up to the moniker, the Blonde Bomber, given to him by Art Sr. by raining bomb after bomb down from the sky. His deep balls to Swanny and Stalls were things of beauty and they always seemed to happen at the most crucial points of those games. Go back and look at the average yardage of Bradshaw's TD passes compared to dink and dunk Brady's. It's striking! But I agree with you that we're lucky to have had both of those guys!

• Like Like x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben the Petulant never disappoints! :lolol:

He's more passive aggressive than a middle school girl bullying her classmate on social media.

Rudolph says "it's not Ben's job to help me."

Ben interprets as "he says he doesn't need my help." :facepalm:

"As far as I know I'm still the starter." Geez, Ben. Are your wittle feelings butthurt?

At the beginning of the article Ben says 3-5 more years. At the end of the article Ben says he takes it one year at a time. And he wonders why the Steelers have drafted quarterbacks the last two seasons!

I hope Rudolph comes in there and shines! I hope he shows the kind of competitive fire and leadership that was on display at Oklahoma State! I hope he lights a fire under Ben's butt and motivates him to win another Super Bowl! Grow up, Ben, and be a leader!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This could be a good thing for him and he doesn't even know it. Then he'll wish that he actually did get ready for each season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Give me two more Super Bowl wins in the next 3 years, and Ben can retire. That should be enough for Mason to Aaron Rodgers from there for another 15 years. I am praying Mason is the real deal. If he is, Steelers really outdone themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They didn't draft Rudolph to sit and watch. They drafted him to be the next starting QB, starting with being the solid #2. I hope he lights it up.

Jones and Dobbs will be in direct competition. Reports are already coming up about the practice squad for Dobbs.

Rudolph should get a bulk of the snaps.

I never thoght that Dobbs would be the next starting QB of the Steelers. Rudolph makes me think differently.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He will start as a solid #4, as he should. But, like you are aluding to, I believe, if early in the season he is not #2, you , I, and the Steelers will be disappointed.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mason is way behind, doesnt even know the play book. If they cut Dobbs, Jones will be the clear #2 this season.

I think expectations are a little high for Mason. He's coming from a conference that doesnt play defense. He has to learn the playbook AND adjust to NFL defenses. He'll never take over the #2 spot this season if Jones is on the team. I think Mason can be a good QB in time but I dont think he is going to come in and light it up. He has a steep learning curve.

He will get all the snaps though, since Jones is a proven BU, assuming Dobbs is gone.

By the way, they drafted Dobbs to be the next starting QB too. They already had a back up in Jones, they didnt spend a 4th rd pick on a QB to BU a BU.

I think its incredibly foolish to decrease your odds of finding your next starter by getting rid of one without knowing what he can do. Keep both and let it work itself out. If you keep Jones, his contract is up next year and you'll be spending even more on him OR looking for another QB to sign again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I do not think Dobbs is an NFL QB. My guess is it will be Ben and Mason. Do teams keep a 3rd QB during game days anymore?

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is a big Egotistical baby

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They can bring Dobbs from the practice squad to be the #3 next season providing other teams are not beating the practice squad door for his services :lolol:

Personally never heard from the front office that Dobbs would be considered to be Ben's heir apparent, Much different coming out of the front office about Rudolph.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, at the start of last season, 19 teams only had 2 QBs on their 53 man roster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    No usually one of the three is inactive.

If the team uses the backup QB to teach the rookie, I can't imagine Dobbs being picked over Landry since he is still learning himself. Unless RF wants even more work with his OC and QB duties. I think Dobbs is on the PS unless he really comes out blazin'. I think the Titans and Chiefs (maybe 49ers cant remember) were most interested in Dobbs pre-draft last year. Plus a team has to put him on the active roster if they poach him from our PS. He would still have to clear waivers though, before he gets to the PS.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm going to sit back and watch. I think there is more of a plan then people are thinking. I'm not so sure it's as cut and dry as this year and next in this QB saga. I believe RF will make this offense his own more than most think but with Ben here it will come in baby steps. I don't think Ben gets 4-5 more years. LJ and MR will be very valuable in RF system down the road. I think they would like Dobbs along for the ride but he won't be the main focus ever. I do think fichtner spread offense will like the gun slinging big 12 qbs that we have in a couple of years. Ben two years and maybe, just maybe a third. As KC said, we will see what happens in the draft first before we sign Ben's extension. I don't think those were idle words. I think there is a plan. :popcorn::cool: