1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Benjamin 3 to 5 more years....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, May 1, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not sure we need them. Munch does more with less than butler does with more.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Isn't 3/5 of our oline 1st and 2nd rounders???? IMO that is a lot to work with, not taking anything away from Munch just saying there are high picks there. Yes 2/5 were undrafted as well.

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    First he threatens to leave now he's threatens to stay 3 to 5 more seasons lol please keep Mason away from this drama clown, we don't need him to pick up Ben's bad habbits

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Wonder how matty's new deal affects Ben's coming extension...

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    butler is garbage. I don't buy his defense at all. Dude doesn't change his strategy when obviously it wasn't working.

6. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Now he is displaying how good a teammate he is ... not.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...nders-if-steelers-screwed-up-dobbs-selection/

I guess the Steelers were supposed to wait until he leaves to draft his replacement. He says he helped Jones and Dobbs. Do you believe he did this because they are not a threat to him and his position. Oops! The Steelers drafted a threat and now the spoiled child comes out of Ben. "Well he said he does not need me." Pout, pout! Why? Because he is worried that his name may be synonymous with Wally Pipp if he goes down with an injury.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I agree, I thought Ben threw Dobbs under the bus a little and the passive aggressiveness towards Mason (disguised with some of his humor) is bad optics. What now all the rookies have to kiss your feet to get a question answered? If Mason would have come out and said, "I think Ben should help me out being that I am a rookie". How would that play out? Instead MR says he wants to earn the job himself in other words. Ben should have said, you know he's coming in with the right attitude. Instead egotistical Ben took over. Am I making a big deal out of a joke?? I don't think so, I think Ben feels slighted some like MR should be begging him for some help. I'm definitely going to follow this dynamic. Reminds me of when Haley was first hired and Ben made comments about Haley not calling him yet so he doesn't know much about his philosophy or whatever. Ben's just egotistical and that's fine, you want some confidence in your NFL starting QB, but sometimes he takes the wrong tact imo.

As for the Dobbs comment, how does that help anyone. Saying Dobbs may have been a draft mistake? Think Colbert/Tomlin liked that or did that tighten up the QB meeting room? NO to both.

Then all this talk about playing 3 to 5 more years crap like it was a given this whole time. Everytime the topic was brought up before it was "I don't know, my family is very important" or " we'll see this offseason and play it year to year".. Now its 3-5 years. I get it, you couldn't stand Haley and after he left it changed your outlook because your position coach is now the OC. Ego placated...

OK Ben rant over :lolol:. Glad he's our QB but he digs a deeper hole sometimes with what he says. It seems he gives the PR cliche quotes when asked about opponents but says whatever he feels like when talking about the team to the media. I wish it was reversed most of the times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ben is being like Bradshaw towards him and he doesn't even realize it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why's he talking about getting ready for the next season..he doesn't throw during the off season and only plays a few quarters preseason.. that's why he sucks at the beginning

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe he is actually going to get into shape?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I gave Ben a pass after his first interview.

He comes off really bad after this new one. I don't remember any negativity from Ben after the Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs picks.

Absolutely defensive after this Rudolph pick.

It's unfortunate but I see a frosty Favre-Rodgers type relationship. Rudolph is a stand up guy, he will take it in stride.

I know Ben had reached out to some draft picks in the past. I'm guessing no call to Mason?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Where are all the people who were killing Bell earlier...........Ben isn't sounding much better right now! :shrug:

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben feels threatened, as he should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats what I was saying. Dobbs should get all the snaps in preseason, see what he can do.

If they keep Dobbs, let him and Mason duke it out on who gets to supplant Ben.

15. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Why in the world would Ben say that crap? Is there a leader on this team? Does any of them have a brain in their head? Good grief these players are over paid and dumb as hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    "Those two guys are who I feel the worst for," Roethlisberger offered. "I'll be honest, I wasn't worried about [Rudolph] coming and taking my job. I feel confident that I can go out and beat whoever I need to beat out for my job. ... I do feel bad for those guys.

See!! It's already starting. This is why you don't draft a quarterback while Ben is still in his prime. For a team that already has enough turmoil, lets add on some more. Ben's a drama queen. We all know this. All this Rudolph talk is going to get to him.

Ben said he wanted to play 3 more years. I just hope 2 of those years aren't playing for the Ravens. It could happen. Think Favre/Rodgers. I bet Packers fans never thought they would see Brett playing for the Vikes.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bens saying what a lot of us were thinking with that pick, problem is, we can say it, he can't.

Maybe they have no plans on extending Ben. They may very well let him finish out his 2 years and move on from him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I don't think Ben is scared of Rudolph taking his job lol. I think he's probably angry that the team gave him very little (if any) immediate help in this draft. I heard the interview and he said something like, "there are a lot of good defensive players available in the 3rd round that could help us win this year".

Man, there's a ton of people here who think Rudolph is a sure-fire stud QB and a steal in the 3rd round. I'm not sold. Is he that different from Landry Jones when he came out?

There were five teams who needed a QB so badly they used a 1st on one this year and none of them picked Rudolph.

I hope the kid is great someday, but it's crazy to think Ben is intimidated by him. He just wanted immediate defensive help. Can't say I blame him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    I agree except for the "he doesn't even realize it" part. He knows exactly what he is saying.

20. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Maybe now that his reign is being threatened, he will actually do something this off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016

22. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    SteelCity_NB, post: 567793
    He comes off really bad after this new one. I don't remember any negativity from Ben after the Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs picks.

Dobbs and Landry did not threaten his domain. Rudolph might be good enough to push the old boy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    No one likes being reminded of their mortality.

Ben knows in his heart that he has only a few seasons left. The Steelers drafting Rudolph is a huge reminder of that. That's all this is about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I mentioned this after we picked Rudolph as a reply to those asking how picking picking him helped us at all in 2018.

Does anyone just remember how the 2017 season ended?

Most in the NFL wrote the Eagles off as then MVP hopeful Carson Wentz was lost for the season. Everyone said the Eagles were done.

You have to have depth and you have to have a backup QB who can win. Landry Jones is an inconsistent spot duty backup only.

It's gonna suck if Ben gets hurt at all in 2918. Even if only for a couple of games. If it's late in the season and Rudolph gets his reps in I will feel alot better with him in there than Landry.

I wasn't high on the Chuks pick but I get it. He likely will be the swing tackle out of the gate. He likely will be the top backup OT to both positions. People act like he will never see the field in 2018.

Picks like Rudolph and Chuks are indeed future starters, hopefully, but they could play a role as early as this year if injuries should strike.

Couple that with the fact that Edmunds, Washington and Allen are going to contribute alot this year, especially situationally on defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The only upside being none of us will be around to see it I guess

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3