1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Grade - D

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, May 1, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody needs a hug?

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Randolph has already had an positive effect on this team and he hasn't even thrown a pass. Ben, feels threatened. He should have a monster season

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Somebody need a life?

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What bleacher report said about Edmund's and his 2017 tape should have read about him in 2017 and playing 10 games with an injured shoulder. They also should talk about the LB we did pickup after the draft, you know the one that runs a 4.4. Sure we could have taken a corner too but we have two from last year's draft we like. We also have an OLB from last year's draft that is an extra draft pick this year. We also got our previous draft pick shoulder fixed and he will be on the field healthy. They really should do their homework better before spouting off as experts. We did just fine and we have some fine players already here that people just blow off as invisible. This will be a far better defense than last year's.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It already is better than last years. Mitchell is gone. Gay is gone and Golden is gone as well.

Adding the likes of Edmunds, Allen and Fraizer shored up a number of issues we had a season ago. Players like Matthew Thomas and Keion Adams are just more shine to an already much better looking shoe. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's a red flag then. If he was injured in college what will he physicality of the nfl do to Edmunds body?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I give it a D. I like the james Washington pick and the marcus Allen pick.

8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Without looking, I'm sure the Bleacher reports would be knocking us for not getting an Inside linebacker. Well it would have been a very BAD decision to pick up an ILB after Evans at number 1. I could go on and on as to why.

The Steelers got two good safeties in pass happy league that are good against the run that will be utilized in sub packages immediately. Marcus Allen had a 3rd grade talent on many draft boards. The Steelers also picked up some great talent on offense picking up the best player available.

Also to get a potential franchise QB in the 3rd round is an absolute steal considering the other guys taken will most likely not be much better taken within the top ten.

People mortgaging their picks on a QB that might or may not pan out = not a good idea in my mind.

Better to have two young QBs behind a future hall of famer learning competing elevating theirs as well as his game.

Draft grade is an A

But they need help at ILB for depth and run support.

For that refer to my sign Lawrence Timmons thread. The guy is currently without a job. Makes sense to bring him back to the Burgh at a reduced price. I guarantee the guy is not washed up like everyone seems to think he is.

9. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Says he's tough enough to play through it until they shut him down to repair it. You act like college football is touch football or something. Those boys can hit like the pros. That's where they all came from if I'm not mistaken. :cool:

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I gave it a "Z"

Z Formation.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Weren't you the same one in another thread saying give young guys time?

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont know, lets ask CJ Mosely.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes and how is this different?:cool:

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I did! Here is what he told me in a rare exclusive interview with TheSteelersFans!

"AQL, you know. That stuff happened in college, a long time ago. I did not do things the way I wanted to but I wanted to show NFL Teams my ability to persevere through the pain, you know. That helped me a lot. Showed teams I was willing to play with everything I had and more.

Now, what did I get out of it? Got three trips to Hawaii and three Second Team All Pro nods as well. So yeah, that injury stuff don't mean anything anymore really. Haters, you know. They be hating but I keep playin'."

- C.J. Mosley on May 4th, 2018 with AskQuestionsLater in an interview.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Mosley dislocated his elbow.. and that was his sophomore year. He played two FULL SEASONS of college afterwards. Apples to oranges.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Elbow injury, hip injury, knee injury, thigh injury and probably more. His injury history was a big concern entering the draft.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He played all games his last two seasons and this is the difference between him and Edmund's. You're making an excuse for Edmund's because of injury as to why he didn't play as well as he could play. Mosley still BALLED regardless of injury. Plus one anomaly doesn't make the norm you bringing up an example doesn't mean this is the standarr. I guess every receiver who ran a 4.7 will be Jerry rice.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And yet he still had all those injuries, hence, the injury concern. Its not complicated.

You made this statement:

Mosley suffered more injuries. Care to keep talking out your butt???

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah but that was in response to you MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIS PLAY. Did anyone make excuses for mosley's play. None of his play was a red flag. That's the difference and stop trying to be so literally and read between the lines just to make yourself sound right.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Sports illustrated gave us a B+ which of course means nothing, but still the 74 draft stands as the best draft ever, but out of their top 5 picks 4 of which were future HOFERS, Jack Lambert was the only one who started full time that year.....

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You believe this habitual liar. LOL May God help us.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree with 1, 3, 5 and 6

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    There it is, for everyone to see.

Please point out where I made any excuses about Edmunds play? This is what you do, you drag every bit of info from other conversations that you've seen or had into your current one.

So, to simplify, you said Edmunds injury is a red flag. I pointed out Mosley as an example why that's not necessarily true, he had more injuries and hasn't affected him in the pros.

Capisce

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I asked Bob Labriola yesterday in the live edition of Asked and Answered if on paper does the defense look improved since last year. His answer was on paper is meaningless.

• Like Like x 1