1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

UDFA highlights

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, May 1, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

This guy might be a keeper he can play, lookout Fort and Dirty Red :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

This guy has good size and can rush the passer.

• Like Like x 3
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Most excited for Matthew Thomas as well. Nevermind him being this year's linebacking "SPARQ Champion" but he was on the rise this season as he started to finally showcase some of those athletic traits.

He is someone to watch for certain. Granted, due to our inside linebacking depth, if he does well in Training Camp and the Preseason, he should have a shot at the final 53.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    God I hope so that kid can play and I love FSU! watching FSU games you hear his name as much if not more than "James" hahaha
    great pickup indeed!

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Jamar summers is no slouch either. Could be that FS candidate everyone is screaming about. We did really good with many guys that could have been drafted in the 7 rounds. Hats off to our scouts this year. This draft and after was full of good, maybe not great but good talent. I think we made the most of the UDFA class. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow that Thomas kid looks good I have a question why did he go undrafted? I understand these are highlights but he showed a lot in them. Not trying to be a wise guy but I am starting to like our undrafted class a lot better than our drafted class and I like out drafted class too.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe because he had some injuries and suspensions in college as far as going undrafted.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have not read anything about him so I know nothing on him. When I get home I will look him up maybe find out some of this stuff :thumbs_up:

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TJ Watt just tweeted....He's coming for Buds job....not mines.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Man, Thomas looks good. He's all twitched up and passionate.

I think he's the one I want to see play the most out of this class.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thomas' off the field stuff greatly concerns me... I have doubts.

Not sure the competition Adeniyi played against, but he is an impressive tackler...

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So I looking into some of the problems and imo aren't as bad as I thought and really looks like he got it all cleaned up:

Thomas' collegiate journey has not been easy, even though he was a top 15 overall recruit nationally. He was part of Florida State's national championship squad in 2013 but missed most of that freshman year after undergoing shoulder surgery (four tackles, two for loss in four games). Thomas was then suspended for the first six games of the 2014 campaign for violating team rules; he eventually got on the field in eight games, starting three (26 tackles, 2.5 for loss). His mother passed away in January 2015 from lung disease, and that, understandably, affected his school work; he was ruled academically ineligible for the 2015 season. But things turned around when Thomas returned to the field as a redshirt junior in 2016. He started 12 of 13 games played and led the team with 77 tackles, playing fast and strong with the length to wrap up ballcarriers at will.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The 6 game suspension was for a failed drug test apparently... like I said, I am highly doubtful until he proves me wrong.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Plenty of pass rushers have come from small schools:
    Jason Taylor
    James Harrison
    Khalil Mack

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That was what 2014 right, has he been in trouble since? I mean come on these are kids and a lot of these kids don't have structure and not every kid acts the same. The kid screwed up and then was dealt a harsh blow losing him mom and then turned things around. He don't have to prove to you nothing he has to prove to the Steelers and since they signed him they must think he is pretty cleaned up and worth a look at.

17. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Well I like the LOOK of our UDFAs. OLB, ILB, CB.

• Agree Agree x 2