1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Benjamin 3 to 5 more years....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, May 1, 2018.

1. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Per Contract.. Yep... You want to spend another 60+ million for him after?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ben will finish the contract out. Injuries will catch up and by that point the Steelers might be looking at the cheaper option.
    Hopefully, it will go smooth. I know we hate the Patriots and all things Patriots.

But Drew Bledsoe was the QB, Tom Brady sat his rookie year. Brady's 2nd year, Bledsoe got nailed and taken out of the game, and missed several weeks. Brady took over and the rest is history. Now Bledsoe wasn't a SuperBowl winning QB but he did take them to a Super Bowl once. It's a crazy league you never know what will happen. Ben could go out week 1 and blow his knee out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomlin throw the keys to the car to the young guy, if he was proven in pre-season.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He also said he will still do a year to year evaluation of whether he stays or retires..........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    As long as Ben doesn't revert to "barnyard QB" like he did in his first 6 years... he should be fine for 1 more year, maybe 2. He needs to get rid of the ball.. throw it away instead of taking hits or trying to do too much. He's good enough now to play like old man Brady... quick throws, dink & dump.. not go for 40 yards every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ah... I see what is going on here. Should have known.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

When I got this update about Ben wanting 3-5 more the first thing that popped into my mind was farce and GB. I love Ben and everything he has done for us and will do for us but this has to stop. Come on Ben last season you wanted to call it quits cause you and Todd couldn’t get along. Now we draft a QB and all of a sudden he wants to play forever........stop!!!!

I am not wanting to see Ben done and this has nothing to do with Rudolph but the drama Ben brings kills me. If he is playing I want him here 1-2-3-6 years don’t matter I just don’t like the fact that he wines to get his way now it is different.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Motivation is always a good thing. I feel sorry for Joshua Dobbs, he's gonna be the odd man out...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    He will be lucky to go three if he doesn't get serious about some off season conditioning anytime soon. I love Ben, but he is a statue that can't outrun a turtle towing a Chevy, hence the taking of so many sacks after holding onto the ball forever. His lack of mobility will be his downfall before anything else.

9. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Some of you guys are calling for the Drama. He already stated well before the draft that he wanted to play 3 more years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did your other self just provide you more information? :lolol:

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah and now he tacked a 5 onto it.

I didnt hear him say it, so I dont have the context but it doesnt read well.

12. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
  13. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    "R u not entertained?"
    "Is this not why your here?"

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh no no...

My "hilarious" comments did. I just wanted to ask. Then again, silence is truly golden. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Win a ring already dammit.

I am tired of his career never having a losing season.

I am tired of his 3 superbowl berths with 2 rings.

I am tired of countless records he breaks.

Stop talking Ben and show for it.

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I know I'm going to get vilified for this but I don't like him. He's definitely the best QB the Steelers have ever had and he's even one of the best QB's ever but as a person he's not likeable whatsoever. He should still be in prison. I know you guys don't care about that stuff, you just want the home team to win no matter what, even with a rapist as a QB.

I'm also very tired of all the immature drama queen bs, the "We're the worst team in the NFL," when we started 0 and 4 a couple years ago, and last off season he tells the media that he's considering retiring just so people can beg him to come back. He's like an adolescent kid who is always trying to manipulate people into liking him instead of just being a likeable person to begin with.

And we were playing a game against the Chiefs a few years ago and Ben got hit and went off to the locker room to get checked out. Then, he gets cleared by the team doctor and comes back to the field but he puts on a jacket to conceal himself and stands all the way down at the end of the sideline where Tomlin can't see him as if he was hiding. I think he wanted to be begged to go back out there. So then someone see's that Ben is back and tell's Tomlin and Ben goes back into the game and he drives down the field in a late comeback to win the game.

I'll take Bradshaw's "I'm just a hick from Louisiana," all day over Ben.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

18. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    It kinda sounds like you don't like him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Kind of sounds like he doesnt know what hes talking about either.

20. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    A rapist? You serious Clark? Allow me to offer another possibility. Ben liked banging whores before he got married and a couple either (1) felt a little dirty afterwards and decided to try a money grab or (2) they were trying for a money grab from the beginning. I find it hard to believe that the guy that has a wife and three great kids was out raping people for the hell of it. Good lord, you must be wearing a Ravens jersey or something.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

clark.jpg

22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Man you can think that sh*t......but please don't say it out loud....:facepalm:......not quite ready to play a rookie qb yet!!

23. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    I think there should be more real justice in the world. I think bad people should be scorned by the public but the reality is that when it comes to their "sports hero's" people don't care.

Just like Paterno. People want their hero's to be above the rules that the rest of us have to live by.

I would have cut Ben after the second girl accused him of rape. The first girl had no credibility, even her own co-workers didn't believe her and she waited a year before making the accusation. The second girl ran out of the club and went directly to a police car and she only dropped the charges because she didn't want to be known the rest of her life as the "girl who was raped by Ben Roethlisberger."

24. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    You find it hard to believe a guy who has a wife and three kids was out raping people for the hell of it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Area_Rapist

He raped something like 50 women and then he got married and settled down and stopped all that and he wasn't caught for another 30 years.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dropped the charges because there was no evidence of rape.

A drunk star struck college girl wearing a DTF tag on her t-shirt following around a drunken athlete all night who finally indulged her.

Let me ask you something since you insulted every member of this board by saying we dont care about a girl being raped, if you believe thats what really happened, how are you still rooting for this team???? Whats that say about you?

• Winner Winner x 4