1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So far, terrible

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Well probably nothing, it would cost too much.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I see. That being said, I take it you understand then that Roquan Smith was the only possible answer for our Ryan Shazier problem then correct?

If yes was the answer, then Terrell Edmunds was the correct pick whether it was liked by you or not. Terrell has played five different positions in college and has been proven to be sufficient in all of them.

Most importantly though Wack is the fact that Keith Butler and Mike Tomlin want this defense to incorperate more dime concepts. We could not do it efficiently mainly due to the lack of talent. Now that we have that talent and much more to boot, it is possible.

Add the likes of Bradley and Dunbar and our defense will be better than last season; Run Defense and yielding splash plays as a result.

You have likely watched this team longer than I have been here on God's Green Earth. That being said, I need to remind you that the Rooney's have had there "days in the dump" but never have had "years in purgatory".

Trust the process. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Wrong! Unless you want a one done. Mortgaging the future for a bet on red 17 is foolish. A GM you would never make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Yea verily!!!

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    That's the way I see it too

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Since 2010 draft we have had 7 offensive goodies, and 4 defensive ones. 1 generational talent on both sides with Brown and Shazier.

Watt, Juju, shazier, tuitt, bell, decastro, heyward, gilbert, brown, pounce, sanders.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sorry for the bump but where did you find this?

I truly would be very greatful if you told me.

8. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Bro, how on earth did you find yourself reading this ancient thread???? But, now that you bumped it, I want to address something I had not seen.

"If yes was the answer, then Terrell Edmunds was the correct pick whether it was liked by you or not. Terrell has played five different positions in college and has been proven to be sufficient in all of them."

My fear is being "sufficient in all" may mean being a "master of none." "Sufficient" in college is often not "up to par" in the NFL. Playing "5 positions" can be a real plus at the college level, but often those same guys are not good enough at any one position to be a good player in the NFL. Yes, sometimes they really are skilled at a few positions, making them great, like Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson. But I think the Browns are finding out this aspect with Peppers: He was an amazing player at MI but I think they don't know what to do with him. They played him ridiculously deep at S last season, probably because - while fast in college - isn't up to being able to cover very well in the NFL. A Browns fan buddy just told me today they are moving him to OLB/hybrid type position. At 213 lbs, I hope so. He will get wiped out playing there.

Any how, I fear the same thing with Edmunds:
    a tweener. Too big to stay with recievers going deep, not big enough to play LB really. I hope I am wrong, but it happens a lot. Does this found familiar to anyone you know?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jabrill-peppers?id=2557980

"Scouts question his instincts and lack of ball production. Has just one interception and 10 passes defensed at Michigan. Slow to recognize construct of play and can be found playing through a straw at times. Needs better recognition and anticipation to become an improvising play-maker. Doesn't always trust his feet in coverage and will maul at the top of the route. Just a guy when asked to play deep safety. Slow to read and range until ball is in the air. Can be overzealous against play-action and drawn below his deep ball responsibilities. Too small for take-on duties at linebacker. Leads into tackles with ducked head. Opts to hit rather than wrap-up."

So far, I'd say the stated weaknesses were dead on. He had 1 int and 44 tackles. So far, looking like a bust pretty much. He also did PRs and had zero TDs.

9. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Sorry! It has been long enough that I don't remember. Probably the information was pieced together from multiple sources.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Call Guinness. That's got to be a record!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1