1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So far, terrible

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Apr 28, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Dont mean he would be there when we pick in second. Second round starts at 33. Its not a reach

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It absolutely was a reach, and most rankings had him as a late second or early third, so there was a very good chance he could have fallen that far.

The real problem is once again, the Steelers either didn't try to trade up in the first round or failed int he attempt. There were quite a few linebackers capable of making a huge impact with this team in 2018, but they were all gone by pick No. 28 and that shouldn't have come as a surprise. The Steelers failed to address their biggest need in this draft. That's a problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He Stinks,he is why LSU couldn't compete.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Because the media guys who make the "rankings" know how every team has a player ranked, and what GM's are going to do on draft day. Come on, man.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Rankings don't mean anything. Teams draft based on their own evaluations and how players could fit into their teams.

Very few players that get drafted make huge impacts the first year. There are no guarantees with players drafted into the NFL.

Needs can't always be address through the draft. That's life. The Steelers will need to find ways to compensate for their weaknesses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm good with the draft picks... Got some pretty good troops considering the woes of drafting in the position which a successful team does. They tried to trade up to get Evans that's why there was an premature trading of MB to package it all up. Didn't happen. I think they'll be fine. If the red nosed reindeer pans out, all the more merrier!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How do u know? U dont know if they tried or not

8. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would have liked to see some Defensive picks but I bet the guys the Steelers wanted were already taken. So, in a throwback moment, they took what they believed as the best available.

Fact is, they needed a safety and they got 2, so that puts pressure on the no names we currently have. They surely can't be worse, can they? I mean really, could they be any worse. Give them a shot.

Secondly, we needed a replacement for Bryant. They got one of the best WR's in the nation. He was the best his junior year, so this is a pretty good value pick.

Thirdly, they needed to think about the future in a QB. They could wait and then when Ben says I'm out after next year, they HAVE to draft a good QB. What will that cost if they are picking in the high 20's. Are you ready for them to mortgage the future in order to trade up? Who would really want to trade with the Steelers anyway knowing they need a franchise QB and are desperate. So, now was a good time since Mason was there in the 3rd round. As I stated in his welcome thread, he could be the guy who in this QB draft class was overlooked just as Marino was. I guess we will see.

So, all drafts are crap shoots and the Steelers have thrown a bone numerous times so we will just have to see how this works out.

Go back to 74 if you will. Steelers were on a roll. Their offense was pretty good and their defense was good too. So they take 2 WR's and a center in the draft and some LB from "Kent State" who no one ever heard of. I remember the clippings on Swan and no one thought he was a good pick and how did that work out? In fact, how did any of that 74 draft work out? Ohh, they added a safety too named Donnie Shell and he wasn't even drafted and they already had Mike Wagner. So, did they really need 2 WR's in that 74 draft? I think not. I remember it well.

So, let's just see. One thing is for sure, defense is not the all to end all in this current league. You have to score points and score 30 plus. If your team cannot score, forget it in today's game. It is no longer and has not been for quite some time a defense wins championships league.

rutan

• Like Like x 3
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You forgot Spence

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So , you have no thoughts of your own, you believe the thoughts of random strangers, and therefore you believe the thoughts of the Steelers are therefore wrong?

Thank you for clearing why you post what you do.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Not every detail, but enough to have a decent idea. Bottom line is the Steelers reached.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really don't understand how to make a claim and support it, do you? Did they not teach such things when you were in high school or did you just not pay attention in English class?

I brought in the thoughts of others to support my own opinion. You should try learning how that works before your next response. Thank you.

13. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Edmunds projected 3-5 round pick...come on! I hate almost every pick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They did reach. They reached out and grabbed a player that is going to help this team. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He might. They just took him ahead of better players, which isn't a good thing.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How are they better if he does what we need?:cool:

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now that’s funny, nothing original, and explains your login name.

Scribe: “Professional copyist.”

Support: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribe

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He Hate Me :lolol:

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Oddly I dont see Edmunds in this list of teams which would be a good fit

NFL Matches: Los Angeles Chargers, Dallas, Carolina, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Washington, Tennessee and New England

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Haven't heard get bent in a long time. In the Marines I trained reserves in Madison WI. Tended bar in the evenings. Made about $1,000 the 1st year. I filed taxes on the 1,000 in WI. I get a letter. You owe on your Military pay. Back and forth a few months and then I called PA tax guys. Guy I talked to said tell them to GET BENT. Week later I get a letter from WI.said.
    Our records indicate you are a resident of Wisconsin. Please fill out the questioner and send it back to us.
    1st question. When did you become a resident of Wisconsin?
    1st Answer. Never in this raggity ass state.
    wrote in black sharpie under that. GET BENT!
    Put it the envelope and sent it back.
    Never heard from them again

21. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I would say the only pick I liked was Washington. He is a baller. The QB is the wildcard and we won’t know about him for 2-3 years more than likely. Edmunds I feel was just taken way too high and will be a project. The other picks will be lucky to make the team. The saftey from Penn st could make it potentially. My biggest beef is that our defense which is this teams Waterloo is none the better than vs Jax. That's a big problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    And please macdaddy yo or anyone else don’t tell me players from Indianapolis or Green Bay’s awful defenses are the ticket!

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    While I don’t agree with your post, I find your ABBA reference timely and prescient.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First time i heard "get bent" was in high school. I was working as a carpenter and at my bosses house, he said something his wife didnt like and she said "oh Hank, get bent". Me and my friend looked at each other and snickered which got a look from the boss at which point we pretended there was something really interesting on the ground at our feet.

Don't think Ive heard anyone else say it much since then.

25. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    That's a cop out. You don't make a half @ssed attempt at filling a hole and then just give up if it doesn't come easy.