1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2018 Draft Day Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 26, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am telling you. The kid could have been an all american but got behind payne, allen, hand. Some studs. Still played alot. He aint flashy but u cant move him

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Javon Hargrave really cannot be moved either roster wise or field wise. His main issue was his back injury in addition towards the team using more sub packages than last season.

In addition towards Hargrave still under contract, McCullers, if cut, is really nothing to get worried about. That one year deal was essentially a "Prove It" contract.

I do agree with you on Frazier though about his power. Add the fact he still does have fresh legs and he could contribute far better than others realize.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Dont mean he will be moved. He will be second string.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do not think so. Frazier being drafted signals the end for the "Shade Tree".

Javon is still likely the starter heading into 2018. Joshua will be behind him.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I like that pick, which isn't something I've been able to say much during this draft. Frazier gives them a viable option who can take up space and blockers inside.

That said, I can't remember the last time the Steelers entered an offseason so desperately in need of linebackers. Maybe Tomlin's first season, and that time they addressed it with Timmons and Woodley. This time? Not a single linebacker in the draft. Oy.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome to the MB Vandy. Fuchsia's a good color for you. You'll like this place. BTW - who's the guy in the Pirate's hat? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Steeler's signed as an UDFA, Pitt's Swiss Army Knife player Quadree Henderson. Wishing him well. He was fun to watch at Pitt these past few years. He sure gave Clemson fits 2 years ago when Pitt knocked them out of the unbeaten ranks.

9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I really like the CB from Villanova we signed as an UDFA! Check him out I think you will dig this signing.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    From what I am reading he is a career return man and I am thinking he has a chance to make this roster and be a Cordarrelle Pattererson type. I see the Steelers are valuing position flexibility a lot in this draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    definitely...I put a link to his pro day on the FA thread. Some very good things there

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    While I'm hopeful for Henderson, the Steeler's recent history of failed "Pocket Rockets" is front and center. Not sure if it was the players or the coaching schemes but the list is long and distinguished.

13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Your right but this is a FA we have nothing to lose. It isn't like we are talking about a 3rd rounder if this kid don't work oh well move on nothing invested. I like this pick up a ton big upside no downside, jmo:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Was just thinking how interesting the timeline was. Now some of this may be coincidental but I think it is now thought that the Steelers tried to move up to get Evans.

Roquan and Tremaine were already off the board. LVE goes to Dallas. Evans is the last ILB standing. Almost immediately word breaks that the Steelers trade Bryant for a 3rd.

I bet the Steelers were trying to package #28 and #79 to get up and take Evans but it just wasn't enough and they had to watch the Titans do just that and take their guy.

I assume the trading partner was the Lions. I doubt the Bengals at #21 or Ravens at #22 would have traded with us. And if the Lions got a sniff that Bengals also wanted a C they probably decided to stand pat and take Ragnow at #20.

15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

More shock than angry. I knew I liked him as a 2nd round pick but didn't know how teams felt about him.

The pickup of Washington soothed my soul.

The Bears with Miller and Shaheen from last year, two of my favorites. Turbisky I'm not sold on though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    :lolol:

I think I was huddled but under a blanket on the couch. Definitely very shocked.

Ryan Pace knows what he is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why is it every other team can wheel and deal freely but seems every time the Steelers want too, that teams hold their feet to the coals? Why wouldnt a 28 and 79 have been enough to move up 8 spots or whatever it was. What did the Titans give up?

Will be a fortunate twist of fate should Mason turn out to be the next franchise QB, though.