1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So far, terrible

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Apr 28, 2018.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I have nothing against the individual players we drafted, but what the hell are we thinking? Smh.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hes not, not even remotely.

He'll pay immediate dividends. I think most complaining about him is because they spend all offseason listening to the pundits throw first rd names at them and this guy was never one of them. Im willing to bet that 90% of the people criticizing him never watched him and dont know anything about his game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I am happy with Washington. He’s been pretty underrated IMO.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Every scouting report I've seen on Edmunds has tackling as one of his problems. He also takes bad angles in pursuit. What I've read about his man-to-man coverage skills is mixed. This is a talented athlete with size and coachability, somebody they think they can develop into much more than he is right now. Every ranking out there had him as a late second or early third-rounder. He was a reach, and they followed him by taking three offensive players. Washington just fills a need they created by dealing Bryant and the tackle is just a terrible pick. There were guys available who could have helped on defense, even if it was just depth on the line. This team should be in win-now mode and they completely blew that off the first two days of the draft.

I do like the Rudolph pick. He is no sure thing. None of these guys are, but he's got a shot to be a viable long-term option at quarterback. That might save what overall looks like a terrible draft right now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't say terrible but I really didn't understand the OL pick at all. He's a project but I would have been happier with a project OLB or NT and the need was greater IMHO. But I trust that Colbert and company know what they're doing.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont know how this got steam, and I bought into it as well but doesnt seem to be actually true. I dont watch every game of these prospects, only short clips of a few games and tackling is something youd only get a feel for by watching much more than that. But as has been posted here a couple times already, he missed only 5. He also played with a bum shoulder for 10 games before shutting it down and still performed very well. I think we got a gem.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol I used to do that. We can only hope it's like that for the Steelers.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Trust in the process. Colbert is a draft genius.

2015 was a stinker though lol

“Jax scored 45 on us”

Maybe we don’t play them in the playoffs, maybe we actually score so much teams are forced to pass and maybe our healthy loaded secondary shuts them down. Maybe bostic makes a difference. Maybe edmunds shuts the run down. Maybe TJ watt becomes a sack monster. Maybe a healthy Dupree gets sacks and is good vs the run. Maybe a healthy tuitt plus cam solidify our line.

Maybe they are all garbage and ben gets hurt while Rudolph looks like dobbs and we go 5-11.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Uh no he is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    But but but but those 5 were quality misses while phantom player X that they could have drafted and had a round 1 draft grade but didn't come in to visit at all with Pittsburgh would miss zero tackles always have good angles and be excellent at everything. Plus he would have the approval of board member YZ who has fixated on him since his freshman year because he goes to said board member's alma mater or favorite college and who fits perfectly into how they would run the team. Geez Blast how do you not get that. Fantasy always trumps reality in these cases.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    WR Washington has gaping holes? We got our future QB and you all are belly aching about it, and edmunds is no more a project then any other rookie in this draft, he is going to be a really good safety and he can intercept passes that should be a novelty over stone hands ike and mitchell, truth is picking late is no pic nic, you all want top 5 picks with bottom draft picks, it's a fault with the me me generation, be happy with this draft they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with, so just have a good cry and wish for a losing season so you can pick in the top 5 next year....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s pretty good

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t worry, be happy..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    yes he is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bostic, Williams, Matakevich and Fort are your inside linebackers. And Watt, Dupree, Chick and Adams are your outside guys.
    We have no idea what Allen and Adams are going to bring. Dupree needs to have a stellar year or he’s gone next year. Matakevich and Chick are special teamers at best.
    The area we had the most problem with last year and we addressed it with free agents but how about depth?
    We are one injury away from Matakevich and Chick being starters. And if Dupree underperforms we are in serious you know what.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That is what it feels like, mac lol

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He's not a project. He's very capable in the box. Someone mentioned last night that he may potentially add some weight and be used as Mack. I think he would excel in that role so if that's the plan I could get on board with that.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't see that and would actually be disappointed if that's the plan. I've wanted one of these hybrids for years. His versatility is what so appealing, you can move him all over, big plus in today's NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I thought Morgan Burnett was gonna be our hybrid box safety/dime linebacker. Do you think they will be using Burnett as free safety?

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they will. I thought they might try Davis at FS but most feel he is a liability in coverage.

I think you will see more dime packages, with Edmunds and Burnett both on the field, will give some confusing looks, both capable of coming up or dropping into coverage.

Before Edmunds was drafted though, Colbert said he wouldn't commit to what rolls Davis and Burnett will play until they see them in camp.

I'll leave it to them to figure out how best to use them. Can never have enough talent though, Edmunds is a very interesting chess piece.

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I see Ben playing for many more years. I do indeed so we'll see.
    With that said, you can't hang onto a QB that's any good in this league as a mere backup. Word gets out quick and the money comes

Dobbs doesn't fit , Jones didn't fit. This one does, IMHO, but can you hang onto him past the 3/4 year mark?

23. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Colbert knows what he is doing. We missed playoffs like 3x during Bens tenure and it was cause he was hurt those seasons. You do not make playoffs pretty much every year if your GM is a fool. IF Shazier does not get hurt we would have made it to the bowl last year. The defense will be better this year knowing he will not be there. Burnett is alot better than people think. Tuit will be healthy. As for the draft we will not know how we did for atleast 1 to 2 seasons so relax.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That's what happened to the Pats with Garrapolo. If Rudolph is good I'd hate to see that happen here.

25. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    How is Washington going to help? Putting points on the board wasnt the problem. The offense scored 45 against JACKSONVILLE!?!?! and the defense couldnt stop them.