1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So far, terrible

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I guess the team doesn't care about a ring now. So we take a "project" round 1. And then a WR with gaping holes at ILB...you name it. And then a QB....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Is Timmons on speed dial?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Edmunds isnt a project. Okorafor is a project.

Jefferson was available at ILB, glad they passed on him. Warner was gone, Baker was gone (didnt like him much anyway).

Had a shot at Burks but Mason much better value.

They still have a shot at Griffin, maybe they trade up to the 4th to get him. Dont know how much longer he'll last.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Do you see RealSteel anywhere up on that ledge?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I would trade all four of our picks the last two nights for Minkah Fitzpatrick right now. Very disappointing draft for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Wish Steelers would have grabbed RB or ILB instead of OT. Other than that...I'm indifferent. Glad they got Rudolph. Nice pick...but it won't help us this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think Tomlin must have brought a big bag of chronic into their draft meetings. They reached to get a safety and then went offense with a WR, OL and QB. I guess another season of watching sub par QBs throw for 300+ and 4 TDs per game. The upside is maybe we can finally put 30 points per game on the score board, and by the looks of it they will need to put that many up just to stay in some games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This draft so far looks a bit like someone playing Madden with one of those draft cheat websites.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Burnett, bostic, behre, Edmund's is quite different than what we had last year, so how is it you guys think it will be the same results as last year? Not to mention sutton, Allen, a fully healed haden, matakevich, tuitt, Adams and Walton. I'd say that's a lot different than last year's team. What a bunch of whiney azzes. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    To ignore glaring holes at both inside and outside linebacker and nose tackle is ridiculous. I guess it’s more of Blake Bortles dropping 50 on us next year. Note to the Steelers Ryan Shazier is never playing again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Who? Who? Who?

Never heard of them

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    have you heard of gay, golden and mitchell? thats who bortles dropped 50 on. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Personally I like the way it's panned out so far.

They were looking to move up to get Evens in the 1st. I'm sure the price was way to steep. So they picked a safety that will contribute right away. Then they grab a replacement for Bryant without the baggage. Then they get the steal of the draft in Rudolph. Then picked up an O Lineman, project yes, but i'm sure Munch liked the kid.

So relax, have a beer or two :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    captain america wasn't available with pick 28 so we just decided to take the worst 4 picks we could find just to pizz all you guys off. i could see the war room now. OK matty mo 9 doesnt like this guy so pick him. watt whack doesnt like this guy so pick him. ender thinks this guy will stink so he's got to be our next pick. lets draft them high so ward can raise heck too. see they did have a plan. :shrug::smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, the OL pick is the only one that’s a real head scratcher to me. But not sure what else was around. Clearly they’ve got some kind of plan there.

16. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    completely disagree. if you think Edmunds is a project you haven't watched him play. your listening to the talking heads. I think I would have took Harrison but being a bama fan I look like a homer considering he went in the 3rd. they got a high character guy with speed and size. he can cover man to man. he can play deep zone. has he been beat? sure. they has never been a db who hasn't.

the Washington pick was a need. if not for trading Bryant it wouldn't be but we did.

I aint happy with the Rudolph pick but I still think ben has 3 years too. his replacement isn't on the roster so I get it.

the lineman, well. I know nothing about him but you can never have enough of them. villenueva was a project to and he is doing ok.

I am sure they will address the ilb position today. I think 2 guys they were looking at weren't there. I don't know.

as always I trust what they are doing. juju was criticized last year until he lit it up. maybe we found lightening in a bottle twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Edmunds is a project. Okorafor is a PROJECT.

18. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    As far as the OLineman we picked... Munch is about the only guy on this coaching staff I have any respect for. I’d be happy if he were HC. The other jagoffs can go get bent.

Project or not if Munch signed off on him then he must have seen something. I give him the benefit of the doubt. Let him coach him up and we’ll see

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty much every rookie is a project.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    how is Edmunds a project? I don't get it. he tackles well, can cover man to man. he can catch a pass.lol he plays multiple positions. I mean we might have took him high but doubt he would have been there for us in the 2nd. I just don't get this project talk. watch his tape

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe kion can help on the inside

22. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Other than Washington, they haven't drafted anyone who can help them in a significant way in 2018. For a team that was two steps from the Super Bowl that is inexplicable.

I am not on Team Edmunds. Based on the scouting reports I expect him to be more like Burns/Dupree/Jarvis Jones than Ryan Shazier. He will probably start few a few years, be adequate a best, and disappear without a trace.

I trust their ability to spot talent on the offensive side of the ball. Not on defense, though. Although this draft they aren't even really trying. Replacing Mitchell with Burnett is not going to solve all the problems.

23. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I remember being on the Steelers.com boards at the time and message board draft gurus who have their own mock drafts and rankings (based on who knows what) completely roasting the Steelers for trading up to pick a guy named Troy Polamalu. I mean there were people spitting venom ready to jump off a bridge.

Fact is we’re picking 28th. We’re in the grey area of who should be 1st rounders anyway

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you old enough to remember “Joe Who”?

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It's only a bad draft if it never produces results.
    Results take time.
    Flipping out now is pre-mature draft pick ejaculation.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4