1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess Terrell is good enough to be a first rounder.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I mentioned in a previous thread, the only 2 safeties who I thought were going to come up and make hits were this guy and Ronnie Harrison. My fear was Bates and Reid are just deep ball hawks who won't help much in the run game.

Actually if we could double dip and get Ronnie Harrison as well, I'd be happy...

2. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    I am getting flasbacks of the Jarvis Jones pick with the selection of Edmunds. Looks like the Steelers had to scramble once Evans was off the board. Better hope Edmunds develops. I would of liked to see the Steelers take Sony Michel.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Was it me or was he wearing Jaguars colors last night?

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Excellent point. Despite the fabulous crystal balls telling some fans that Edmunds would still be there at 60, you dont know and probably wouldnt have using last years draft as a model.

Thats the guy they liked and they went and got him. I saw second round grades on him and thats where I had him, so not a terrible reach, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just watched his introductory presser on FB, don't know what sort of player he'll end up being but he seems a great kid.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jones was a stiff with no athleticism, Edmunds is a big safety who can run and hit :shrug:.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well we could actually use a single high safety who is a ball hawk, after watching the secondary give up a record amount of 50 yard TDs last season.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Edmunds measurable and workout numbers are similar to Jabrill Peppers FWIW.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    His SPARQ is amazing, whatever the f*ck that is

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome to the MB Philly - I think you just set some kind of record around here - 1st post and already 2 disagrees! You're breathing the same rarefied air as our own RealSteel. Have fun and have a better 2nd day (just as many are saying about the Steeler's 2018 draft so far).

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Speaking of...I'm surprised there wasn't a 'the season is over, we blew the draft' thread yet. He's off his game.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Mitchell was done, it was pretty apparent. I don't have much faith in our defense right now, but I think the big plays will be limited next season.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They mentioned he was rising up the boards and like someone else has mentioned they might of been weary about the Safeties coming off the board before 60. On paper they may have reached somewhat but we really won't know until he starts playing....lets see what happens the rest if the draft then we can grade it on a whole.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    He certainly wasn’t their first choice. Evans was their man but the ratbirds screwed us by trading with the titans.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.:smiley1::cool:

16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Funny thing is that everyone was upset that we took “3rd round prospect” Edmunds over “1st round talent” Reid.... then Edmunds went in the first, and Reid in the third hahaha funny thing how wrong the draft experts are

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As I mentioned alot leading up to the draft, justin Reid, being Eric Reid's brother, and having similarly vocal views, cost him.

He's a good football player.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    As I mentioned, the rule that will be heavily enforced this year of pass interference I think was Reid's down fall. He was a grab first defender. :cool:

19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I) I don't like the pick!!! It's a reach. Trade back and pick him up in the 2nd. This wasn't a BPA pick but a need pick which rarely work past middle 1st rd.

2) I Like the Pick. We need safety help and the safety/CB are two positions that get over drafted because of supply/demand. They did their homework. Look at who they brought in for visits , pro-days and dinners then they passed on those guys ...... Maybe they know more me....

Yeah, I'm perplexed and hopeful!!!!

Go Steelers!!

Cajun

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Think of it as an SAT Score for athletes. A more simple metric you can use can be found below.

A 2.5 to 3.0 or more means transcendent athletic ability. Examples include Lane Johnson, Troy Akpe and Obi Melifonwu.

A 2.4 to 2.0 means he is way above the average percentile among athletes; elite as one would say. Examples Mike Gesciki, Saquon Barkley, Jordan Willis and Myles Garrett would fall here.

A 1.9 to 1.5 means a great athlete. Examples such as George Kittle, D.J. Chark, Taven Bryan and Terrell Edmunds would fall here.

From 1.4 down to the negatives is where it gets tricky. Either prospects are football players than athletes or were injured. Be that as it may, the Nike pSPARQ was created in 2004 (later acquired by Nike in 2009) for the sole purpose to use analytics and data research to construct essentially tests to determine which athletes reign supreme within their sport. Is it always accurate? No. However, as the old saying goes;

"Great athletes can make great football players".