1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess Terrell is good enough to be a first rounder.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 26, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Love the pick. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not unhappy with the pick. I think most fans will be less disappointed when they see him making plays. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I love the pick! Great genetics too boot! KC gets another hit.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Now we have two guys that can cover gronk. Edmund's and Hilton. :smiley1::cool:

5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Double teaming him maybe.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The title of this thread is a ringing endorsement. lol

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just think it's kinda funny how everyone worries about building our team to stop Gronk ,when we maybe play them once a year .....we should be more worried about stopping Bortles first:shrug:

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    maybe only once a year, but it's usually stop Gronk or go home and start the off season.

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Great player? Yup.

Probably early. But he probably wouldn't have been there at 60.

Is he better than Justin Reid? Tough call. Not IMO.

Is this an Artie Burns pick? Kind of but I really like Terrell as a player. So I'm ok with it.

There was alot I read that picks #20-#50 didn't have a whole lot of separation.

Yeah there's alot of players I would have preferred but if Edmunds turNS out to be a really good player then it doesn't matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    In hindsight I don't think Reid was the answer at FS either. I may actually prefer Edmunds he seems to be more physical for the way we are gonna use him. He's a pretty ripped dude to so I think he could pack on some weight and not lose his athleticism....I think it might be early but the board seemed to fall apart and lose its value in the first round pretty quickly...

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

His case just might be going back to what we talked about with the indirect character traits from his brother and his own feelings towards said stance.

I would imagine both were likely in play but I can also imagine that character played just as much of an impact in the selection than the player's and athletic traits themselves.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Maybe we get the answer tomorrow night, but I still don't know who plays deep middle for us in cover-3.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I've spoke of this hybrid type player for a long time and this pick falls right in line of that. It helps the run support and also helps the pass defense without having to sub. These type of guys are becoming the new norm as defenders that can do many things for a team and keep an offense guessing. :cool:

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    he plays like a steeler. or at least how they use to play. I think its a great pick. I think with what was still on the board the front office did what they always do. which is get a player who will want to be there and give you everything on and off the field. when Jackson and guice where there I was scared. look forward to watching him the next 12 to 15 years

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I feel like someone in the draft room wrote T Edmunds on their draft board..... and we got Terrell by accident. Love that we got one of my Hokies, but not sure he wouldn’t have been there in the 2nd or 3rd.

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's another take:

Last year we all assumed we we could still get a quality safety in the 2nd rouND. Well that didn't happen as there was a huge run on Safeties we were left standing in the cold. Which turned out fine as we went BPA and got a great one in JuJu.

I think we can see we wanted more of a SS/hybrid type as I think we plan to move Sean Davis to FS, which is the right move IMO. So this probably eliminated Bates.

Obviously the Steelers had Edmunds ranked higher for what they were looking for than Reid and Harrison.

So does it seems early? Yes. Trust me I was shocked when I heard the pick. But I doubt he lasted until #60. Steelers didn't want to get snakebiten like last year.

As I said last night, although it seems early, I know we got a great player.

17. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Football IQ, Football attitude, Football Family.. Just like TJ..

• Like Like x 1
  18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Great size and speed and a leader on the field and off..... measurables/ workout numbers compared almost equal to derwin james and actually better in the vertical and broad jumps, so we definitely have a great athlete on our hands... strong in run support, but has holes in his pass defense

We passed on ronnie Harrison, Josh Jackson and others..... Jackson in particular has been compared to Revis by some analysts..... if the guys we passed on work out, then through no fault of his own, Edmunds had better be the 2nd coming of ronnie Lott or some heads may need to roll

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It might have been a little early for him, but I think Edmunds is going to be that dime LB/hybrid.

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was a little surprised, but not unhappy. Looking forward to seeing what he will do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He has more weight and is faster than harrison. This was a good pick for what we are going to use him for b&g.:cool:

22. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

I like him as a player and person..... just don't like him as a 1st rounder..... many analysts had him as a 3rd..... there was much better value to be had

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Many analysts miss all the time. They had a plan for taking up some of the slack from the loss of shazier and 3 safeties was that plan. LVE or Evans just didn't fit that hole as much as 3 safeties does in pass defense. This move along with Burnett helps that part but also helps the run defense. A different approach but as close as we can get to fixing a problem in one area but not creating a problem in another area. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Still see it as a reach, and defensively if you're gonna reach in the 1st rd, it's always better to reach in the front 7 rather than the back 4......
    I'd rather they reached for malik Jefferson rather than a safety......
    I sincerely hope that I'm eating a large plate of crow come the end of the season, but right now, I'm highly disappointed

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Edmunds is a way better player than Jefferson IMO. Malik Jefferson is an underachiever. Edmunds played solid football and has top notch intangibles. I think you will like him.

• Like Like x 1