1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mayocks Mock We Get RB Sony Michel

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TheMatrixHasYou, Apr 25, 2018.

1. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    For Mayocks Mock Draft he gave us RB Sony Michel. On the NFL Network Live Mock Draft Dameshek took RB Sony Michel also. The only way I see that happening is if you take Michel and then trade Le'Veon Bell. The trade details would already have to be worked out ahead of time so we would maybe get a 2nd and a 3rd, which is not enough in my opinion.

Mayock said we use Bell too much but that's because he's Le'Veon Bell. Why not use your best players as much as possible? If we take Michel and keep Bell there won't be enough carries for both of them.

ILB Leighton Vander Esch was still available and TE Hayden Hurst. I think you have to take someone who is going to help the team now, not next year. This is definately Bell's final year with us but we can still draft an RB in next years draft.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would hate that pick. I watched the NFL Network mock last night. I was surprised when they mocked Michel to us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd prefer Michel to Guice but I don't like RB in round 1.

Still better than him having us take Jordan Willis last year.

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd hate any RB in the 1st, but I have a sick feeling something like this may happen tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Point- He had LVE dropping out of the first round all together.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    For as much as I respect Mayock as a talent evaluator, I think he listens to too much noise.

His mock drafts are typically poor.

I do agree that the Bills-Colts trade seems destined to happen.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We do need another RB though... If Lev Bell goes down with an ACL that is a HUGE blow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    RB seems deep this year, I think you could still get a good one in the 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I actually think there could be some really good ones to be found as late as the 5th tbh.

10. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Can't be a 1st round guy though, not this year, maybe next year when Bell is really gone.

Mayock also had Baltimore taking QB Lamarr Jackson. I don't know if he has some inside info or not but if that happens then "Wow!"

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I only pay attention to the beat writers mocks. Ray has us taking Evans and Bouchette has us taking LVE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, looks like LVE has some questions about his neck. Sort of like another LB the Steelers took that looked good on paper, but had subpar games against better teams.

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bouchette is right on the 1st round pick most years. I can only remember twice he didn't get it right.

Maybe not a 1st rounder, but I would LOVE to walk away with a clear cut #2 string RB that can start in a pinch.

Most people here in Baltimore want to run Joe Flacco out of town. Not just this play, but his contract. Wouldn't surprise me if they draft a QB.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Damashek took Michel, too. I would be pissed. 1st round pick on a player with a short shelf life and no chance to start. F that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I dunno. I'd prefer Michel to Guice. But I would only go RB if ALOT of other players were off the board.

I do think Michel has some Shady McCoy like abilities.

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If our first pick is not a speedy (and hopefully sure tackler) LB, I`ll be disappointed.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope Mike is wrong, lots of good rb's to be had 3rd round and below. Plus

who is going to trade with us, I thought Bell has no contract right now.

18. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Bell doesn't have a contract but we put the franchise tag on him so we own him and we can trade the franchise tag. Players are not traded, contracts are traded or franchise tags are traded.

Bell doesn't have much choice, if he doesn't sign the tag and go to the other team then he doesn't get the $14 million dollars.

If we were going to trade him I would have a talk with Bell's agent and allow him to talk to the other team so they can feel comfortable that Bell will show up and the team can work out a long term deal if they want.

19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    What team would make a deal with no long term contract in place?

20. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    A team that has cap room and needs an RB. He's the best RB in the NFL, I guarantee a team will want him, whether the Steelers would actually do it is the only question.

I would allow Bell's agent to talk to the team so they can make an offer to Bell's agent and have all that worked out.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Nobody said a team wouldn't be stupid enough to cave into his salary demands .You pretty much have to have this done before the draft. i hope the Steelers
    do sign and trade him.