1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    So which 5th round pick did you think was going to come in as a rookie and cover Gronk....enlighten us

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha, still a tie. Okorafor and Senat leading the way.

Waiting on TTF or whoever else hasn't casted a vote yet.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    It was a joke, with the point being that we needed a safety at some point in this draft. Besides LVE we have collectively drafted a team full of bench warmers.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Personally, I don't think safety is as big of an issue as people are making it out to be. Morgan Burnett is going to be a solid addition for us, and I'm not so sure Sutton isn't going to get looks as well.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I voted for a CB.

If I'm allowed, I'd change my vote to Senat..

Other wise I'll stick with championing Levi Wallace.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'll go for Deadrin Senat. Definitely need to bolster that def. line for run defense. 35 reps at the combine too!!

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We have a winner!

Senat it is. Finally.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Because you did mention Penny and him in the 3rd round is a great spot, I can't agree and disagree. I agree here where you are talking about not taking a QB this year and I know you read my posts I have said over and over again I didn't want a QB this year and waste a couple years of salary on the bench. I also agree with the point on Dobbs we drafted him for a reason and it wasn't like he has been given a chance to show what he has.

As for this draft I agree 100% we will not go offense this much and it isn't like I voted that way I voted defense with my first two picks, voted Penny with my 3rd pick and of course just now I went safety. I also am not a fan of this years draft as you know I am not on the LVE bandwagon but if he is the pick tomorrow I am fine with it and no way would I be happy with a QB in round 2. I love Penny and hope like heck he would be there in the 3rd but all I am reading is he and a few other rb's are climbing up. One day away can't wait, gonna miss the first part of the draft butthat's ok we are at the end. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice thought but that is why I have said in prior posts we need to do this together cause then you can get all the info and then adjust if need to. If you post your vote early then as a group we can't work together. :thumbs_up:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sorry I missed the vote. I don't have a problem with Senat. I was hoping to take a gamble and vote for PJ Hall for the Steelers next pick.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think Munch could work with Okorafor, but boy does he get knocked around a lot. I think Munch could probably work with any fundamentally solid lineman, though. Mason Cole is a later round lineman who Munch could likely build into a good swing man. Good motor and definitely not soft.

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Steelers pick coming up. I like what I have read about S Jeremy Reaves from South Alabama, and S Tre Flowers from Oklahoma St.

Another saftey that hasn't been mentioned is Dominick Sanders from Georgia. Walter football lists Sanders as a 4th to 6th round pick but says not to be surprised if he goes early since scouts love his coverage skills. Sanders had 4 Ints last year and 3 the year before. Playing for Georgia he played against elite competition. Someone to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The top rated safety still on the board is Raushaan Gulden, Tenn. Mayock-93, Sporting News- 61, CBS- 121.

The top rated player at all positions is Tyrel Crosby, OT, Oregon. Mayock- 65, Legwold ESPN- 47, Sporting News- 51, CBS- 41

Gulden is listed in some lists as a CB. Played both at Tenn. And he flipped off the Alabama fans. Had to add that.

14. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Tyrell Crosby went to the G-men with the 69th. pick.

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, damned. Guess that leaves a safety.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Considering Gulden, safety here. If going safety, needs to be this guy.

Also, Justin Watson, WR again.

17. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I brought him up, so I select Gulden.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I finally found Gulden. He was listed as a CB. 4.61 was his listed time. I think I'd still rather have Reaves or Flowers but I will go with the concensus saftey pick.

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Not sure I get the Gaulden love. If he's the pick, its fine.

I'll go with Damon Webb S Ohio St.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Here's a draft profile on Gaulden. He's a projected 3rd rd guy. Reaves, Flowers and Webb are 6rd-FA projections. Still not sure I will throw my hat in for a safety, its really not imperative they take one but Gaulden seems like a good choice if we go that way. Burnett makes a huge difference being added to the backfield. Bryant is a toke away from going bye bye, then what are they left with. Watson would be a real good addition here.

Anyway, Gauldens profile:

Strengths:
    In a draft class that doesn’t have a ton of safeties that can cover, Rashaan Gaulden is not one of them. Gaulden is extremely sticky in coverage and can line-up literally anywhere in the secondary. The former Volunteer, lined up at outside corner, nickel corner, and even played some safety in his three years at Tennessee. I have evaluated Gaulden as a safety due to his ability to consistently make plays behind the line of scrimmage in the run game, his cover ability in the slot, and his range to make plays down the field. With that being said, he can line-up anywhere and be a day one contributor. His instincts are off the charts and he has a nose for the football. Can lay the wood for being only 195 pounds. While he never had great interception production, he does have extremely good ball skills and is going to test extremely well in this years combine. Gaulden is also a very strong special teams player that takes pride in making plays in that aspect of the game as well. You love what he brings on game day with his coverage ability and run support, but his attitude on the field may be his best trait. There’s no question who the leader of the Tennessee defense was over the last few seasons because Rashaan Gaulden wears that swagger on his face for the world to see. You know what they say, if you’re gonna’ walk the walk, you better be able to talk the talk… He talks it all right.

Weaknesses:
    While he did suffer an injury in 2015 that forced him to miss his entire Sophomore year, Gaulden has two years of excellent tape to prove that injury isn’t bothering him. While it doesn’t show on film, anytime defensive backs suffer lower body injuries, it leaves pause in the scouts and GM’s minds. I’ll be interested to see how that foot checks out at the combine this week. When on the field, Gaulden has few limitations. The one thing I did notice, was he can get too locked-on to a quarterback’s eyes and let his man drift away from him. It happened in the Alabama game this year, but then he showed his athletic ability to recover and make an incredible play on the ball.

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am going with the WR Watson. The Steelers seem to pick WRs better than safeties. I know that rationale doesn't make sense because they need depth at safety. The real thing should be interesting tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday.

23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  24. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
  25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'll vote WR Justin Watson again for our next pick. Kid is prototypical size, ran a 4.3 at his pro day, runs great routes and catches everything.

I love Damon Webb as a free safety, but I think he will be available in the 7th. I've read he could be one of the best center fielder types in this draft.

So I'm all in on Watson.