1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Reaves is a serious reach here, good chance he even goes undrafted. Pick him up then.

If you don't want a WR here then throw your hat in for Okorafor or Senat, jmo.

Still think Watson should be the pick and he's someone the Steelers are actually interested in. Bryant is gone after this year and we'd have a solid replacement with a year under his belt already to step in.

IMO, going Mason and Penny seriously screwed things up. One or the other but not both. Safety should have been taken then. Don't waste your time taking one now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I get your point about Reaves and that is fine but I totally disagree with the Penny and Mason part. Penny is a perfect pick in the rd where we screwed up is taking a QB in the 2nd. The 2nd is where we should have taken our safety. jmo

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yep. If we grabbed a saftey in round 2, we could be drafting BPA right now. But since we didn't we are stuck reaching for a saftey here IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Anytime you're "stuck reaching" you're making bad decisions.....

There's talent here in the 5th and reaching is not an option....

Middle late rds you Must go BPA to maximize your Roster.....

Cajun

6. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php

[​IMG]Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 320. Arm: 34.5.
    40 Time: 5.31.
    Projected Round (2018): 4-6.
    4/24/18: There were some reports in the media about Okorafor as an early-round tackle prospect. After speaking with some team sources, they weren't enthusiastic about Okorafor. Some sources felt that while Okorafor has some athletic ability, he is a very soft offensive lineman, and they think he is going to get pushed around in the NFL. Those team sources were grading Okorafor on the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft and were against their teams selecting him.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Can we really take 3 offensive players with our first 4 picks?

I would definitely go for a defensive player. Doesn't have to be a safety.

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    That I would never doubt for a second. Guy is like Belichick when it comes to the offensive line

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I did say one or the other but not both, so not sure why you left a disagree. I agree rd 2 would have been the better spot as I dont think there is any real chance the Steelers will draft a QB this year. Also, fans may not think much of Dobbs but the Steelers drafted him for a reason and have read that they want to see what they have in him before continuing the QB search. Theres no one that will be available to us that you go, oh that is without a doubt an NFL QB that warrants drafting them with Ben in the fold for 3 more years and QB on the bench you dont know about yet.

RB is more likely but would not shock me if they do not draft one this year either.

I tell you this, zero chance 2 of the first 3 picks are offense. Take that to the bank.

Except for the first pick, I have not been a fan of this years mock results. I hope the real thing is more pleasing!

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    3:15 is 24 hours. Few more minutes to get a vote in.

Im going to start tallying.

Ok, we need a tie breaking vote, this is what we got so far:

Justin Watson, WR, Pennsylvania - 2

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan - 2

Jeremy Reaves, S, South Alambama - 2

Deadrin Senat, DT, South FL - 2

Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama - 1

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Looking at Mayock's top 100, only 2 players we have discussed in the 5th are on it. One is Deadrin Senat, DT, at 98. The other is Tyrell Crosby, OL, at 65. Not going to say I was right, but I was right. Maybe. Somewhat. A little.

13. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Top Rated Safety Still Available: Raushaan Gaulden, Tenn. # 93 on Mayock. I withdraw my vote from Orakafor and give it to Gaulden.

6' 1" 197, best D player on Tenn. Famous for flipping off the crowd at Alabama after a loss.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry 151, cant change votes and youd be changing to someone who doesnt resolve the tie anyway.

Ive accounted for two people who havent voted yet, there may be more, but i cant call it until someone breaks the tie.

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Us saftey folks need to get together on a player. It's either Eaves or Gaulden. I'll go either way just to get a saftey. What do you say @NY STEELERFAN? If we can find agreement we finally get to draft a defensive player.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Well I guess that shoots my plan down. :shrug::lolol:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Guys, cant change votes. Opens a can of worms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, responded before i finished posting :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It's all good. I didn't realize that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Thought maybe we could get a few latecomers in to change the dynamics. It's tough, cause we don't have constantly undated big boards, we don't have knwledge or draft info on 90% of the prospects out there, outside of the ones constantly brought up on the board, and its too easy to be swayed by one person with a seemingly sound and convincing arguement. Not that I was mislead on my vote, just that I don't have the time and energy to devote to research. And when I do, its often too late.

And hell, I think anyone who flips off the Bama fans deserves a second chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

Had you voted Reaves originally, and you, TDFW and NY wanted to change to another safety because you realized a better talent was available, I don't think anyone would object. As it is though, Cajun would get stiffed on Okorafor.

Sorry!

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I want to vote for Watson, but the greater need is defense, so I am going with Senat.

24. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll put my faith in Munchak to toughen up Okorafor

• Like Like x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    So it's between an OT and a DT.

Mason Rudolph is a big dude. Tom Bradley has his work cut out for him teaching Rudolph to cover Gronk before the Patriots come to town.