1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

6'0" 311 lbs. Very strong at the point of attack... agile and can get penetration..... due to his height/weight combination he will win more than his fair share of leverage battles...... don't let the small school fool you... he is gonna be a problem for blockers.... tested very well at the combine compared to his big school counterparts... don't be surprised if he shoots up draft boards for teams that use a 3-4 defense..... look up his game film and you'll be pleasantly surprised...
    Btw... despite his size and weight, this is not a bowling ball...... he's mostly muscle

2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    DL, OL, WR and I'll be happy with either one...... There is a lot to choose from ....... Not giving any names except for

Chukwuma Okorafor , OT Western Michigan....

Cajun

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So stuff I read have not seen this kid play also I am reading he is a special teams stud:

The easy transition for him would be to remain a 4-3 outside linebacker but he could be used in a variety of ways in a 3-4 or nickel alignment. O’Daniel played behind one of the best defensive lines in the country which may have three first-round picks come next year. They kept him clean and no doubt helped him make his living in the backfield at times. Still, O’Daniels quickness, speed, and fluidity are among the best in the class and he should offer value as a pass rusher, run defender, in coverage, and on special teams.

A player like O’Daniels gives defenses tremendous flexibility. What he is not is an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He does not have the size length or strength to play there. He also isn't a safety. But he does have the skills to cover tight ends slot opponents and the backfield. He has some technique issues to work out specifically in coverage but he should be able to hit the ground immediately for a 4-3 team.

In today’s game, O’Daniel’s skill set is tailor-made to defend some of the offenses in the league. His versatility is coveted by teams and can be an asset in many schemes. O’Daniel is athletic as they come an will likely test impressively.

His draft range falls to the early to middle rounds, but O’Daniel can very well vault himself to an early day two selection thanks to pre-draft workouts.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Skai Moore would be interesting. Heavy production. 40 time hurt him a bit. Solid player.

But I gotta go with one of my favorites:

Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My vote goes to Justin Watson, WR, Pennsylvania.

Good redzone target, 6'3" 225 pounds. 81 passes for 1,083 yards and 14 touchdowns in 10 games.

Lot of potential here, some 4th rd projections so good value in the 5th. Plus Steelers had him in for a private meet.

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I will also vote for Jeremy Reaves. I don't know much about him, but the Steelers are long over due for a saftey in this draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going with snoop on senat.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Watson is a great talent here but I feel the group there is a good group of WR's still left on the board and we could grab one with our next pick however one of our biggest needs and a position that we are weak at is safety and I feel we can't afford to wait any longer. jmo. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    He's projected 7th rd - UDFA
    Value isn't there

Cajun

11. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I see a lot of "reaching" for positional needs and lower draft grades happening .....

Okorafor is a 2nd rd talent here in the 5th!!!! Hubbard is gone, Hawkins is injury prone and unproven. Okie is raw and the perfect fit for Munchak to mold into our next starter....Gilbert's replacement

Cajun

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If we're going to go OL, I'd go with Tyrel Crosby, OT, Oregon. I don't see anywhere where Okorafor is rated a second round talent. The word I see to describe him is "soft".

13. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Show me a link where he's described as soft ......

The best word used for him is raw.......perfect talent for Munchak

Cajun

14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

image.jpg

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Did more reading. Although there are some valid criticisms of him, he is that raw person with potential you say. And to show that I agree with you, he honestly gets my vote as the highest rated person still on the board.

16. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Cajun, I agreed with you. You can stop.

17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Stop what???!

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Did Tre Flowers get drafted? This seems like a good spot for him.

19. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Trying to convince me. I was wrong. Went to one site. Made a comment. Looked more into it, decided you were right.

20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Dude!!! Look at the time lines....

Not interested in " convincing You"!!!!

Asked you a question about your rebuttal with a statement of my own..... Then separately posted a draft profile for Everyone to see that I was using......

This is still a fluid conversation about the next pick isn't it???

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=131391&draftyear=2018&genpos=OT

Cajun

21. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    His Position???

Cajun

22. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  23. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Apologies friend... Didn't realize I quoted you when I posted the picture of the draft profile I was using....

Cajun

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am guessing it is all about who's board your looking at, also not being invited to the combine has the avg person ranking him low.

Reaves thrived against some of the biggest targets on the North roster, including Penn State tight end Mike Gesicki, as College Football Talk's Kevin McGuire noted.

The South Alabama product has a wide range of abilities that he displayed on Saturday. He recorded over 100 tackles in his senior season and intercepted eight passes in his four years playing in the Sun Belt.

Like most of the prospects going through the draft process, Reaves still has work left to do, but the Senior Bowl gave NFL teams a good example of what he's capable of

25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011