1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Penny! 100% 1st choice!

Flowers will still be there in rd5. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I've seen Tre Flowers name thrown around alot here. I don't get the live.

People harp on Rudolph for succeeding in the Big 12, but then turn around and pimp Big 12 defensive backs.

I'm out on Flowers.

3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't see anyone in the secondary who isn't a reach at this spot...I take Penny here

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have seen a little on Flowers but I have read a bunch and heard him talked about on the radio and like the feedback. IMO I just don't see much of a difference from Watts(who I like as well) to Flowers. What I do see is when we pick in the 5th the big jump from Penny-Ballage-Freeman to who is left. I am looking at this as if we are losing Bell next season so to have a Penny/Ballage ready in the wings is very important to me.

As for the whole Rudolph thing I am not harping on him I am just looking at need the next few years and Ben will be here so for me this is a wasted pick in a win now time frame. I liked Rudolph last year and thought we would look at him then and then he decided to stay in school. This isn't about not liking the player but more about when a player will be on the field for us. IMO Rudolph isn't seeing the field for at least 2 years where as we have other needs that would put a player on the field this year or next. :smiley1:

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    How about Duke Dawson, CB Florida? Or other options for a CB in the 3rd round, Tony Brown CB Alabama, Kevin Tolliver CB LSU?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like Dawson, but he's late third round/early 4th value. Penny is late 2, early 3 value. Both positions are equally needed, so I vote Penny

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I'll throw in my two cents and vote for Penny.

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    exactly...any DB right now is a reach from what I've seen where Penny is a big time value pick at this point AND a position of need with Bell's antics

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'll go with Armanti Watts here.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Have a hard time picking a second player in a row here (Penny) that wont add anything to this season.

Watts and Warner in consideration for me.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I vote for Penny too. If we would have drafted a saftey in the second, and got Vander in the first and Penny in the third, this would be an epic draft.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree Blast however if we draft Penny I feel he will see some time. I love Warner but feel we can get the same kind of talent as Watts later on. jmo

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    @Mr.HammerZz , want to keep the other thread for announcements only so Im answering you over here.

Steelers clock runs longer then regular picks, up to 24 hours which puts us right about now. I'll see what the tally is right now.

Ill throw my vote in for Watts (sorry NY!)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Penny wins

• Like Like x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No need to be sorry you have you opinion that's cool it is usually opposite of me anyways. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree about Warner. Every year I latch on to one of these guys, Warner this year :lolol:

Hes great in space and can drop into safety, would be great at covering TE's. He's an ideal fit for what we do.

Needs to bulk some up but thats easy enough to fix.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No you misunderstood I was talking about getting the same kind of talent at Watts later on. I like Warner cause as you say he fits what we do, good in coverage and still a thumps. Kind of the hybird player many want. Warner had a good senior bowl which was my first chance at seeing him and you know when a player does well in the senior bowl I am all over it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I vote WR Justin Watson from Penn in the 5th.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't know I am looking at this draft and see we haven't drafted a S and think wow we need one. I really like Jeremy Reaves who is more of a FS, Damon Webb who is more of a SS and Trey Matthews who is more of a SS. I still think there is many good players left out there and in our next pick maybe a DT. Some other players I like here are:

O.Daniel - Clemson OLB
    Bozman - Bama C
    Thomas - Miami DE
    Lazard - Iowa ST WR......love this kid

I am leaning towards Reaves here when I watched him he showed some nice ball hawking skills, in the senior bowl game he had a big hit on 4th down and then came up with an INT on the next play. He won't have to come in and start so he can ease into it and learn. I feel we need to go S here and them hope one of these other guys fall to us with the next pick, like I said above there are still tons of good DT's left and WR's as well.

20. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm hanging my hat on S. Florida DT deadrin senat fot the 5th rd

Don't sleep on this kid..... he's for real

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    B & G, tell me about Senat, what do you like about him? How would he fit in the Steelers scheme?

22. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin is a possibility. 4.40 at the combine, 25 reps. Only 5'11", 201, one year starter at Wisconsin as a safety. Has the ability to play corner. Special teams, including kick returns. Good 5th round FS, especially without needing a first year starter. Can contribute right off the bat on special teams and in nickle/dime defenses.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    NY Steel: What can you tell us about O'Daniel?

24. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    6' 1", 223. 4.61 40, but a great 3 cone (6.84, 3rd best after Burks and Jewell). Everything I've read says he will play ILB in the pros.

25. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    At olb I'd look at Skai Moore, South Carolina. Good numbers, great value in the fifth.

• Like Like x 1