1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Stanley Cup playoffs Pens thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by thorn058, Apr 11, 2018.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The March has begun. 3 to nothing in the first period Flyers seem over matched.

Malkin in beast mode.

Let's go Pens!

Shaizer in the house and standing on his own

3elieve.

2. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    One down 15 to go the March is started and oh boy what a start.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry us other 2 Pen posters didn't celebrate with you Thorn. We posted under the old thread out of habit. Maybe we'll get merged. Awesome game. Home ice is so important to this team.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Murray made some timely saves. Especially that one when they were only up 1-0!

Still going to be a tight series if they tighten up their shots.

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Not a problem I was just going to post in the big season thread too but then thought hey why not give the playoffs it's own thread and see what happens. So no harm no foul.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Flyers started the game pushing the physical time for the Pens to respond

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Talk about coming out flat. Give it to the Flyers they must have done their film study. Had sticks and legs in passing lanes and body on body most of the night. Some garbage ice at PPG tonight though too.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Meh, the first goal was soft off a BS penalty that should not have been called (with the embellishment they called on Hornquist later, that one should have been one) He barely contacted him and he went flying to the ice! Keep in mind this is after Sheary was blasted head first into the boards and had to leave the game for a bit.

The second goal was soft as hell too, a lucky bounce off Letang.

After that, it was a great push by the Flyers at the beginning of the periods, followed by a lot of cheap crap up and down the ice. Coupled with Letang injury with Shultz on the PP (you could see they were pressuring more) Just not the same look.

Speaking of Letang, How is that not a flying elbow when he clearly left his feet to "accidentally" collide with him?

Sheary gets slew-footed after you give Horny an Embellishment call from being checked from behind. That should have been a 5 on 3.

You've basically rewarded them for cheap shots.

But yes they were in the lanes for the most part. Looked like once they were up by 3 it was trap time.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Big bounce back game. Way to take the crowd out of the equation. Let's go Pens

11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    You forget how much you hate Philly sports fans until watching playoff games against them, especially at their home games. They are such an obnoxious bunch. And I believe the root is from self-hatred.

I was just in Philly twice in the last few days, and was shocked with how little Eagles and 'Nova gear was visible. You'd think they didn't just win two titles recently. There was some Eagles/Nova gear for sale, but not much. And there was virtually no one wearing Eagles or Nova shirts, hats or jerseys, and I might have seen ONE Flyers' jersey...ONE.

How they are considered such great sports fans alludes me. I mean, if you base it on how obnoxious fans are, I guess they rank up there, but they certainly don't seem to show/wear much pride at all - no where near Pgh fans as far as that goes. I saw more Steeler/Pens/Pirate gear at neutral cities than any other team. Philly fan wasn't representing even though they just won two titles recently. By the way, I hate that town - worst big city in the US.

12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Flyers have just no life this game but to be fair Murray is shutting them down at every turn.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Was this for game 6?

Murray let in a few garbage goals though...

I almost turned the sound on mute they were on Couturier's jock so hard the last 2 games. Wasn't a trip as he got the puck first and got it right to his man. Couturier just decided to Fosbury Flop it to try and draw a call.

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it was game four. Lol. Refs were just crap this game but they at least got the call right on it not being a trip. Heck Simmonds held a guys arms in the neutral zone with the puck in the air and no call. It was fustrating. But they are moving on hopefully Malkin heals quickly and Hags isn't to hurts.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, That was the one time I got a little loud. I was like how do you miss that call?! Everyone was sleeping so I had to keep it in check.

Hags got blasted to the head. Almost had to mute the TV though because the apologists were slobbering all over it saying what a great hit it was, then said there's nothing dirty about it, over and over!

Almost as bad as game 5 when they couldn't stop talking about how much of a hero Couturier was....

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Our March as ended. Not a bandwagon type fan but I'm pulling for Fluery in Vegas now. Go Knights. THis season will be remembered by the moves that didn't get made more than those that did. It will be remembered as a chance for greatness that was glimpsed and then snuffed out by a team willing to play thug hockey and the Pens inability to match that physical style.