1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Steelers113, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    please post your top realistic 1st round targets.

1. Evans
    2. LVE
    3. Guice
    4. Jackson
    5. Jaire Alexander

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    1. Evans
    2. Hughes
    3. Goeddert
    4. Hernandez
    5. LVE

A couple of notes:

- if for some oddity Isaiah Oliver was still around, I would be all over that,,assuming Evans is also off the board. But I do think Oliver is the #2 maybe #3 CB off the board.

- Ronnie Harrison just misses the Top 5. More of a position need pick more than anything. Bates right there too.

- I for one won't be upset if we took Rudolph. I believe in the kid.

3. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Don’t you think goeddert will be there in the second ?

What interests you in Hernandez ?

Not trying to be smart just start conversation.

4. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Goddert could be off the board before #28. I've seen him mocked to the Saints at #27 on a few sites. I think he is the best TE in the draft. I know it's not a NEED pick, I think he probably could help us more on offense than any RB or WR we potentially could pick.

I think Hernandez is a beast. Ramon Foster is no spring chicken. Once again, not a NEED pick bUT I think the future of Hernandez and DeCastro as our Guards is lethal. Despite being a mauler, Hernandez can move too.

In my heart I do want a defensive player at #28, but it is tough to pass on better football players just to fill a need.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Evans
    Alexander
    Hughes
    LVE I don't think he will be available
    Reid
    Henandez
    Wynn You said realistic

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Good list.

I left Alexander and Wynn off my list just because I think they will be off the board but could potentially still be there at #28. Alexander vs Hughes and Wynn vs Hernandez. I think 1 from each grouping will be there at #28.

I love Reid the player. As I've said before, whether it's fair or not, I and I'm sure some GMs, are nervous about any baggage he could bring along, considering his brother's viewpoints.

7. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    D. Guice
    R.Evans
    R.Harrison or J.Bates lll
    L.Carter
    M.Hughes
    I.Thomas

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    All the LBers have some warts. Not a great year to need one and draft at 28. At least the spot we need them to fill. Depends if we stand pat at 28 or not. Then add we are missing move up rounds to sweeten the pot. Do we slightly reach in one or wait for the next tier of LB and go a different way early. Tough draft for our needs really. At least from where we sit. :cool:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That has no factor IMO on Reid, just because his brother kneeled for the anthem isn't going to scare a team away from Justin.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bates
    Reid
    LVE
    Evans
    Not interested in players on offense at #28, defense wins championships.

11. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    ILB Leighton Vander Esch

ILB Rashaan Evans

RB Derius Guice

S Justin Reid

OLB Harold Landry

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LVE
    Bates
    Evans
    Guice
    Harrison

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not so sure on that.

14. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    In no particular order.

1. Guice
    2. Jaire Alexander
    3. Harold Landry (top choice)
    4. Sony Michel
    5. Reid

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    LVE
    Carter
    Edmund's
    Jefferson
    Edmund's
    Clark
    Reid
    Alexander
    Jackson
    Miller
    Rudolph
    In no particular order.:cool:

16. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    I like DT Phillips too and I wouldn’t be mad if we got him at one.

Question for those who like Hughes; are you saying you like him better than jaire Alexander or you believe Alexander will be gone by the time it’s our turn. And if you do like him better, why?

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Alexander is off the board before Hughes.

I liked Hughes better on tape as well. He is more physical and has a more rounded game.

Alexander has that attitude to play corner though. Highly athletic. Not much in run support though.

If both were available and CB was indeed a very high need, it would be a tough decision.

18. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    Nice comments. You did speak on attitude and that’s one of the things I love about him. Our secondary lacks the swagger confidence trait found in so many of the top def.

I whole heartedly believe round one is wide open and yes that means cb is in play. You can never have enough good cover guys and I think they want man scheme cbs to push development. Ahem...cough...Burns. We heard the new dB coach talking about the importance of being able to play man. And Tomlin wants playmakers period.

19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Justin Reid - S
    Mike Hughes - CB
    Josh Jackson - CB
    Dallas Goedart - TE
    Rashaan Evans - ILB
    Orlando Brown - OT
    Jarie Alenander - CB
    James Washing ton - WR

As you can see I have a few CB's list and that is cause I feel the draft could turn a different way than we think and some CB's will drop. I keep read that both Evans and LVR will both be gone at our pick and they are the hot names linked to us. You can never have enough secondary help I think we have all witnessed that first hand so I can see CB as a position we look at and the fack that it might have the BPA at 28 as well. Brown is an interesting player cause he has potential and we need to make sure we protect Ben these next couple years. I like Vance but don't trust him and as much as I like JJ when Vance goes I feel we need another weapon to step in and I don't think JJ is that.

I feel this year more than ever we truly go BPA and it could be just about any position, the only positions I don't want to draft in the 1st is QB and DT. QB cause he will sit for at least 2 years wasting cheap salary and DT cause it is such a deep class this year.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You obviously didn't watch Brown struggle at the combine, not interested at all.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope I didn't and I don't care about the underwear Olympics........

22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I usually don't swing too much based on combine numbers. To me it confirms the tape. Sometimes numbers just don't add up though and gotta watch a little more tape.

DeCastro did quite poor at the combine and is an all pro. So it isn't the end all be all. Which is why I detest drafting workout warriors who have bad tape and very little production.

I think.Brown's combine was all time bad. He's talented but there are definitely work ethic issues. I would not draft him in the top 3 rounds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't get me wrong I am not against the combine I just don't like or dislike a player by what he does there. What I will say about Brown is this, the little I watched he can move, he is a monster and has a ton of talent. That being said who is our oline coach.......and that is why I would have no problem if he was our 1st round pick. He is not my 1st choice but I would accept it cause with munch's teaching he could very well be an all pro the next 10 years and I could live with that. jmo

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ugh. Hate that comment :lolol:

I know you and I have our disagreements but the combine has usefulness to creating a grade on a player. To ignore it completely is to invite a bad prospect onto your team.

Cant go off tape or combine alone. But the two together will give you the best grade.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Blast see my above comment, I agree both are good tools together. What a players does at the combine does not take him off or put him on my list. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1