1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Former Steeler Great Harrison Retiring

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Apr 16, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    http://triblive.com/sports/steelers...rrison-announces-his-retirement-via-instagram

I personally didn't like the way he handled his business last season, then being released and signing with the cheats. I liked the fact he walked off the field in a shower of confetti after losing with the team he joined.

That being said, he was a beast for the Pittsburgh Steelers and arguably made one of the standout plays ever in Super Bowl history and helped us to a win. He was a feared player, having to be accounted for on every snap. I appreciated what he brought to the Steelers...

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Shouldn’t this be in the General NFL Talk section? Just kidding...kinda.

I hope that extra few weeks play and pay and loss in the Super Bowl was worth trashing his Steelers legacy. He will never be looked at the same as Bettis and Hines and other Steelers greats. Not by me at least.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    He and the Steelers both need to just pretend the final two months of the season never happened. He should've never been cut to begin with. He proved in New England that he still had something left to give

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Best of luck to 92. I wish him nothing but the best in his life after football. I think in time most Steeler fans will forgive and forget last season. He will always be a Steeler to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    always a steeler great to me. that int to seal the SB win was just fantastic. love me some jh92

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope he retires a steeler. He earned it. Lots of personal conflict at the end of a career for some players and I don't hold that against him. Good luck and thanks for what you brought to the team. :applaud::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He will probably wear the same gold jacket they will have though and thats all that probably matters to him.

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Who? Oh a Patriots player retired? Cool! Thread should be moved to NFL General talk. He doesn't deserve it in Steelers section.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s sad he played his last year with the Cheats. If it had been with just about any other team, Steeler fans would have sympathy. He would never have to pay for a meal in the `Burgh for the rest of his life. I understand the NFL is a business, but I wonder if that last paycheck in NE was also a bad business decision on top of a bad legacy decision. Just saying it`s like a terrible and disturbing ending for a good movie and you never want to see the movie again because of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well maybe in 5 years I will be able to wear his jersey again?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Water under the bridge for me. I’m glad he played here and I wish him well.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Too bad it ended the way it ended.
    But he is one of our all time great players and should be treated as such.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

What did the Steelers last retweet? This tweet and picture.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It rarely ends well so I'm not gonna hold it against him....

15. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I hate to disagree because I do think this deserves to be in Steelers Talk. Without JH, we wouldn't necessarily be talking about some of the wins we are able to talk about. I think when it comes to JH in particular, you need to strictly examine his body of work as a Steeler when talking about him as a Steeler fan. When you start looking outside that box, the picture becomes murky. In my opinion, JH deserves better than that for his contributions to the Steelers. If people can't get beyond this past season, well, JH was a player and wanted to play...really is that simple. I suspect he will want to play even in retirement.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    How do you know? There's always somebody waiting in the wings. Only thing that is for sure is he got released from the Ravens practice squad and was on his way to being jobless. Lets look at the statistics of how many people get picked up and making it in the league after getting released from practice squad vs. Steelers history with linebackers. He owes everything to us and **** on us. **** him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree totally, I wish it all didn't happen too but I am with you. JH had some great memories here and I choose not to forget that, I wish him well in the future. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @SDOT are you saying JH didn't have great memories here?? I will disagree 100% but haters hate that's fine. :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who?:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That’s what I said.

Exactly. He could have went almost anywhere else but he chose the team that he repeatedly called out for cheating him out of another chance at a Super Bowl. Nothing worse than a hypocrite. I hate a hypocrite.

I won’t wear mine because I no longer own it. All of the items I had with his name on it are gone.

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I never said that but your post + disagreeing with mine. Let me know I didn't agree with the sentiment of yours. James Harrison wanted to win a Super Bowl with our current biggest rival and rub it in our faces so bad. That genius idea failed and he's running back with his tail between his legs and fans are actually falling for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I I I don't like the fact he went and played for the pats.But they where the only team that offer'ed him a contract, and he still wanted to play, so im not gona pout abt it.. I also don't like the fact he was released on Christmas Day.... IMO that might have had something to do with his signing with the Pats J/S

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Also a Bengals and, briefly, Ravens player. Responsible for the best defensive play in SB history as a Steeler. He'll always be a Steeler to me! So will Rod Woodson and Franco Harris!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok just making sure I am fine with you disagreeing with what I said but just wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand. It is a shame all that JH has done is being wiped away to some fans all cause he and mr. cool shades couldn't get along. I on the other hand hate what happened but respect everything he did as a STEELER.

25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Some salty a** people in steeler nation!

You guys need to point your blame to Colbert and Tomlin. They’re the ones who foolishly cut him to begin with while keeping that waste of space McCullers

• Agree Agree x 4