1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First, the bumblebees and now.....?????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Apr 11, 2018.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    The NFL is doing away with Color Rush jerseys????? What is this world coming to? THIS is finally the last straw! I believe it's time we come together as a fanbase and let the team and league know THEY JUST CAN'T JERK US AROUND LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!

Man, I guess I was just dying for some football news I actually care about. Guess I might have chosen the wrong cause....Hope everyone's enjoying the offseason! See you on draft day!

2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    From reading the headline, I honestly thought you were going to reveal the NEXT hideous Steeler throwbacks to be worn this season.

Oh, and the color rush unis....I actually thought ours were kind of cool, but most were horrid - most looked like PJs....certainly didn't look like NFL unis. Why is it the people making big $ to make decisions for the NFL seem unbelievably idiotic? I guess because they can afford to; prior to recently, no matter what they did saw NFL popularity grow, so everyone got a pass. But now that we have seen a retraction of ratings and attendance, decisions will be met with more scrutiny.

Among the moronic decisions the NFL has made as of late:

1.) Too many games in other countries. No one cares and it's a pain in the arse.

2.) Many of the throw back unis. Some are OK, most are just ugly.

3.) The insane amount of commercials. They finally cut back some, but need to do more. I mean, are you serious with going to a break after a score, showing kick off and going to another break right after? How Fn greedy.

4.) Color rush crap. It's a slap to fans collective faces.

5.) Forcing war worship in our faces. I don't need your war machine.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I liked the Bumble Bee Unis hated the color rush unis, I literally couldnt watch some of the games depending on what they looked like.

I did think ours were pretty cool. Overall, I thought it was a fail.

Throw back jerseys I like the concept, some are ugly some are cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The bumble bees were ridiculous. A ridiculousness only exceeded by fans that claimed they liked them. Seriously, if Balt, Cleve or Cincy had similar uniforms, Yinzer Nation would be rolling in the aisles laughing at their butt ugly gear and rightfully so.

Color Rush was stupid too. Though my personal favorite was the Bills (all red) and the Jets (all green) a few hrs ago, where color blind preople coulnt tell them apart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I think the worst color rush games were TN vs. Jags - both looked like PJs - virtually unwatchable. I liked our yellow names and #s on our black jersey - definitely stuck out. But I hate black jerseys with black pants and so many teams tried it, even before color rush games.

6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Agreed. I hated the bumblebees and the color rush unis. Those bumblebees were just as bad as those god awful brown and yellows the Broncos wore that one time. Hideous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I loved the Bumble Bee unis. If anyones got a problem with that....

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I like the Bumble Bee's.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    BRING BACK BLOCK NUMBERS!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Some of us really do like the bumble bee uniforms. I actually bought a jersey .

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I hated the Bumble Bees at first. Loved them in the long run. Mostly due to their record while wearing them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    :lolol: