1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What about Eric Reid?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RossX, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Yes - Both

14.8%
  2. Yes Reid - No Kaepernick

22.2%
  3. Yes Kaepernick - Ne Reid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - Both

63.0%
  1. RossX

RossX New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    As we know, the Steelers have a record of supoprt for Black firsts in the NFL ...

Joe Gilliam
    Ray Kemp
    Lowell Perry
    Dungy
    Tomlin
    Rooney Rule

As we also know, the Steelers were fractured after week three in Chicago, when most of the team decided to protest the National Anthem and Villanueva made his stand at the edge of the tunnel. I believe the discord was a big deal and hurt the chemistry in the locker room. Jeremy Fowler alluded to this as well after the season ended.

That being said, from a football standpoint, it makes sense to think about Eric Reid. Reid will likely sign at well under market value.

I'm looking forward to Morgan Burnett and Sean Davis is coming along when he is healthy but I hope I'm not disappointed and I sure hope that Reid and Kaepernick have a chance to play in 2018.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I believe he is on record saying that he won't choose to show his displeasure by kneeling. With that being said though the only way I would consider him is if we happen to draft his brother. I think that would be a beneficial dynamic for them and the team. I would cut Wilcox to make room....

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    At this point, neither make sense here. The Steelers are not going to give up on Davis. The job is his for at least another year. We already signed Burnett. Plus we just signed Burhe as a backup. At some point they are also going to draft a saftey as well. Reid just dosent fit in.

At QB, Landry Jones is entrenched as the backup. The Steelers have a ton of time invested in him. Plus they just resigned him. Landry isn't going anywhere. They just drafted Dobbs last year. Steelers aren't going to give up on him this early. Kaepernick dosent fit in here either.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers already signed two safeties, so Reid isn't a option right now. Also they will probably draft a safety.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hopefully his brother at that.

I do wonder though what was said at that pro day workout they had with him. Time will tell.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Very important question.

From a talent/production/athleticism perspective, Justin Reid is a 1st round Safety.

Not a doubt in my mind that because of who his brother is, it could hold him out of the 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He is visiting the bengals, I expect they will sign him:

Eric Reid is making his first free-agent visit.

The ex-San Francisco 49ers safety is slated to meet with the Cincinnati Bengals, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the visit.

Rapoport:

#49ers FA S Eric Reid, whose #Bengals visit has been a long-time coming, has been methodical about his plans. Have to think there is a real chance he signs with this visit. Would allow Cincy to play more three-safety looks, which is their goal.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

That would figure. I wanted Weddle and he goes to Baltimore, wanted Reid and he goes to Cincy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Report on NFL .com yesterday said he turned down a one year deal to resign with the 49ers and that he is looking for more long term so any team looking to add him has that to considet.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He should take a 1 year deal. Prove he wont be a distraction to a team and let his play do the talking. Then sign a big deal next year.

His current situation, he wont max out now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lol...smh...if his career is not over yet ... it will be .... if he sign with cincy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    CHIT!! Looks like LOLandry stays!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brad Conrad

Brad Conrad Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Sorry, you lost me at... "most of the team decided to protest the National Anthem". Why would you even say that knowing it is not how it went down?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Fake news. That is not how it was. Please check the facts, not the BS that was made up immediately before the truth came out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The bengals didn't offer Reid a contract after his visit, apparently team owner mike brown told him there wouldn't be any protesting on his team this year and he tried to get reid to commit to that mandate which he didn't, so obviously reid is more interested in social issues than he is in having a football career....

Need further proof Eric Reid is paying for his support of Colin Kaepernick and decision to protest injustice by kneeling during the national anthem?

The former Pro Bowl safety had a visit with the Bengals on Monday. During the trip, he sat down with Mike Brown, when he was told the Cincinnati owner planned to prohibit players from kneeling, according to Pro Football Talk. Reid, who has said he is not planning to kneel during the national anthem anymore, was caught off-guard and wouldn’t make a commitment to his plans regarding kneeling.

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So...He said he wouldn't kneel, until somebody told him he couldn't kneel...Now, He doesn't know or not if he'll kneel? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt that very much. How the heck was he caught off guard? More likely he isnt being sincere when saying he will give up kneeling. He knows once he has his contract and on the team, it will be hard to deal with it.

Hey, if its that important to him, more important than making a living, all the more power to him. Right or wrong (we've beat that to death) my advice would be make a living and find another outlet to protest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I wonder if there’s a bit more to the story. Like, what was he being asked to sign? It could have been a simple declaration he wouldn’t kneel. Or it could be couched in legal jargon, which then has more ramifications. Maybe more stuff about what he could say in interviews? Just speculating. I guess we’ll never know.

19. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Did you say you wanted RGIII?

20. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that the sequel to What about Bob?