1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything Meaningful With These Signings?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Apr 9, 2018.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Steelers sign three offensive linemen
    Posted by Charean Williams on April 9, 2018, 4:12 PM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images

The Steelers signed three offensive linemen Monday, with tackles Joseph Cheek and Larson Graham and center Parker Collins all getting one-year deals.

Cheek, who started two seasons at guard at Texas A&M, originally signed with the Saints as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2016. The Saints waived him before the start of the season, and the Texans signed Cheek to their practice squad. He spent a month there before Houston waived him and Kansas City signed him to its practice squad, where he spent the rest of 2016 and all of 2017.

The Falcons signed Graham early in training camp last season. They waived the former Duquesne right tackle before the start of the season.

Collins signed with the Jaguars after the 2017 draft as an undrafted rookie free agent. Jacksonville cut him before training camp. The Rams signed him for training camp but waived him out of the preseason.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Camp fodder with the hope of a Hilton-esque discovery, I’d say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or a Hubbard or Finney discovery

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Larson Graham appears to be the "Mike Hilton" type player they need. Played multiple spots along the line in the same vein that Hubbard did.

Joseph Cheek is very athletic for a tackle but likely going to be a guard. Given that Tomlin has always valued athletic interior players, it is no surprise he was signed on.

Parker seems like the odd man out as I am sure that is just competition for Finney.

All in all? One possible practice squad member, one possible 53 man roster member and some competition. Due diligence indubitalbly.

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    One of my all time favorite movies!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need that third center. I like our chances with munch to bring young players along. Hopefully a couple stick but I'm sure there are more to come. We need them for the preseason. :cool:

8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012