1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This was a bizarre voting rd for the Steelers. You either wanted Mason or you didnt but didnt know who to vote for :lolol:

Anyway, we give up to 24 hours for Steelers picks so not that far over.

This was a busy work week for me with the holiday rush, Ill be able to concentrate on this more next week.

Thanks for the help everyone on keeping this going. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't know about that but every time I hear a guy on the radio or tv they say "he came from a pro system" .......

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I know what you mean, but I remember in '04 the Eagles were passing around 63% of their plays. Which was unheard of back then. Seems like the norm today.

Also I heard a stat, not sure what year it was but at one point Tom Brady use to be under 75% of the plays. Last year it was only 25%. Huge turnaround.

Much more spread and RPOs in the pros nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    2 rounds down. Lets see if we can at least get through the 4th. Just shy of 3 weeks before the real thing starts.

Onto the 3rd!

• Like Like x 2
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sounds gooder to me let's do it..........:clapping::drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  6. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    We need to create an app for this...maybe it’ll go faster :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    hmmm....where are are tech guys, lol

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ugh...I'm so mad at myself for not seeing this sooner.

Love the LVE pick, but Mason Rudolph? He stinks and it's a wasted pick because we are in win now mode.

What about safeties? Marcus Allen? Deshon Elliot? Damon Webb?

Heck I'd even take that WR from Penn who catches everything and ran a 4.37 before a QB.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I am mad at you too....lol JK, I was one that didn't vote Rudolph so I wish you were here to help.

10. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    This is fun but yes it could move a lil faster. I was ready to make my pick for both rounds for at least 2 days. carry on. :thumbs up:

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yep. We could have used your help. We mounted a protest. We even took a knee, but to no avail. Maybe we can get a recount. Ender feels disenfranchised. All votes should count, even if they are late! :lolol:. J/k. I'm over it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Didnt like the rudolph pick either, I dont think he has it and will struggle mightily with pro defenses. Some good evaluators here like him so who knows but good or bad, I dont want them drafting a QB this year. Ben has expressed he wants to play 3 more years. Its a waste. They didnt get rid of Haley for Ben to play 1 more year.

Much bigger needs could have been addressed rd 2.

Alas, this is just for fun :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This is so much fun every year. I swear I have just as good a time here during draft time as I do during the season.

It just kinda snuck up on me this year. I looked up and yikes it's only 3 weeks away!

And as for Rudolph, I'm just down on the Big-12 altogether. Because I'm a WVU fan I'm forced to watch that lousy league every week. None of those schools play defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It's awesome, but I don't think we've ever made it past round 4?

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Got through 5 last year. Its usually 4 to 5 rds.

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Damn, I was too busy to remember the board draft..... but damn.... really, a QB in the 2nd round??? What a waste. Don't fool yourself, he's not a 1st round talent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    With our pick coming up just wanted to see what everyone thought about names left on the board, I am all in on Penny but some other to think about:

McFadden CB
    Hand DT
    Okorafor OT
    Pettis WR
    Freeman and Penny RB

With taking a ILB and a QB in the first 3 rounds Penny or Pettis would be nice fits imo. I know we need defense but I feel we can still grab a very good S in round 5 and this draft is loaded at DT especially later on. Thoughts on where everyone thinks we should go?

18. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Tremaine Edmunds is still out there (safety).

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I already nabbed him Terrell Edmunds at the top of the 3rd.

Question to all the Draft Gurus out there. Why is Terrell Edmunds not more highly regarded as a saftey? On paper it seems like all the pieces are there. His brother is a top ten pick. Is it possible he's flying under the radar because his brother is so highly regarded? Just curious.

20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No expert by far, but I've seen quite a few of his games..... personally I think he's a 3-4th rounder just because of the poor quality of his opponents. A lot of the good plays he makes are actually horrible decisions by the offense.

21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I am hanging my hat this rd on a vote of UCF WR Trequan smith

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well for me it comes down to either:

Kalen Ballage: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kalen-ballage?id=2559995

or

Rashaad Penny: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rashaad-penny?id=32462018-0002-5598-9884-ab8b2759ec0c

Both are nice picks, both can return kicks maybe a edge to Penny there. I have read that Ballage can line up in the slot as well that is pretty nice.

Some may want to look at S here since we don't have a 4th but I was thinking we could grab Flowers with our 5th rounder......thoughts?

23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Probably have to put my support behind

Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M

24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Had we taken a saftey in the second round I would love to take Penny here. But since we didn't, we gotta go defense. I'd go with the best DB available.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree however I look at it like this and it is just jmo. Is Watts or Blanding that much better than Flowers who many think will be around with our 5th round pick. On the other side of the coin Penny, Ballage, Freeman are all definitely going to be gone by our 5th round pick. This is really what hurts us taking Rudolph with our 2nd rounder. I am looking at our positions we want to fill and what is available and think it might be more beneficial to go RB here.

I am putting my vote in for Penny