1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio show him how it’s done.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Mar 29, 2018.

1. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Remember when we thought Brown was selfish, a distraction, and would never be signed, and....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Two years ago my son wanted a Bell jersey in the worst way and I told him that it wouldn't be worth me purchasing it for him cause he probably won't be on the team long term. I bought him a Brown jersey instead. He proudly wears it and follows Antonio's every move. Told me about 3 hours ago about Brown working hard for next season already.

• Like Like x 4
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    All i got to say after watching the video is WOW. Wish more of our players were this dedicated.:applaud::bowdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's had his hot head moments that got some of us riled up for sure...

One thing I've never doubted was his work ethic and dedication to the team. Never a fan of meme attitudes but when it's backed up for the good of the team, it's hard not to appreciate the kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Some of the issues we are having with players is a correlation of what they saw from Brown when they were rookies. Don't get me wrong AB is one if not the hardest working player in the NFL. He just hasn't showed me he's a role model/leader of this team. Hopefully that happens this year.

7. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    They didn't learn a damn thing then. Show up, put in work and things happen like magic hahahahaha

Unless you over value yourself, partake of the kindest of the kind, have an injury history (not his fault I know) and then want to say the city is painting you as the villain, They usually play ball with ya if it's in the realm of doable. So far a certain person hasn't learned **** from AB.

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    AB has done a lot of stupid. Demanding a new contract with years left. Holding out. Not listening to the coach and throwing him and fellow players under the bus. Bragging about money 24/7. Sadly this generation isn't going to look at the work he's putting in and use it as motivation. Going to look at what car he's driving, shoes, and screaming business boomin every 2 seconds. Not saying it's right but just being honest. AB hasn't been the best leader. I can't get mad at Bell for demanding more money when AB has done the same things and praise him.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yep lol some people were like “11mil a year or let him walk” lol

10. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I ripped on Brown too, he however appears to be smarter than our other #1 receiver hahahahaha

#damnmillenials

11. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    When did brown hold out?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He didn't. I think it was rumored that he was threatening to, but if I remember correctly he denied it.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m still trying to figure out if that came from Brown or from made up crap on the web?

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Comparing Brown's theatrics to Bell's is the equivalent of comparing the temper tantrum of a toddler vs. an adolescent. It is quite a frivolous comparison that should often beget copious levels of schadenfreude.

Brown's complaints were warranted. Bell's are unecessary. Brown's criticisms were understandable. Bell's criticisms are ludicrous. Most importantly though, Brown's overall performance as a player led him to greater financial heights. Bell's has cost him his in more ways than one.

This is Bell's comeuppence for being egocentric and conceited; his inability to stay healthy bringing more reasons against him. Bell and only Bell has himself to blame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017

This post is perfect ...love it

The Steelers put themselves In This position with bell ...gave him all the power by giving him all the touches.

I understand he’s our best back but feeding him 400 touches didn’t help

Looks like backs by committee is the best way to go.

Rbs will never make what receivers do in today’s nfl.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Correction. Article 41 and the NFLPA made "Free Agency" not free at all. Players like Bell are now subservient to essentially an overglorified rain check that prevents them from essentially walking all together.

In addition, I do not believe Pittsburgh is at fault for giving Bell the ball so many times either. The running backs position's longevity, coupled with Bell's theatrics, gives Pittsburgh far more leverage than one initially believes.

17. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Really can not compare the two..While AB has been a diva to an extent,,and even sometimes a distraction, He is always the best player on the field.Never an off field [not football related] distraction..Never has he took games off as Lev Bell did the first quarter of last season.. Has never been suspended.Antonio wants to be the best and his commitment and work ethic have proven that..He did everything possible to recover from that calf injury and came back[not 100 percent] to be again the best player on the field..Lev bell just wants to be the best paid player on the field..He is a great talent,but this is a team sport..individuals are not gonna win a throphy for the city.guys who will sacrifice for each other will...When you think your bigger than the team, its time to move along..He is to immature to realize he is playing on an offense with hall of fame talent and quality players at most positions and that only helps him be successful..He will get paid somewhere else,but I guarantee it wont be on a team with a comparable roster.....so comparing the two would be like comparing John Stallworth to Barry Forster..One was a overachiever that always showed up when needed.Had to work hard to be considered one of the best at his position...The other was a great talent, that the sky was the limit,but bad attitude,contract demands and injuries derailed his career..Ones a hall of famer with multiple rings...Ones Not!..

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you know I do some stupid things and I have thought long and hard about this, and I feel it's the right choice. I am getting a tattoo of AB's name on my butt and I have no regrets

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    The difference is AB wants to be the best. Period. He holds himself to a rediculously high standard in terms of production. Not fueled by money but respect. He loves the game and would never take an option that could cause him to step off the field.

Bell wants it all; but he wants to be payed most of all. Quit simply, He plays to get payed. It’s an arrogance and ego that ballooned up when analysts started saying he created a new style of running. He deserves some praise but being around kiss @$$es and having the support of every rb that want to get paid, he feels like he needs to make a statement.
    The tip of the iceberg was last year when his agent thought they had a deal and he turned it down. Now he needs to double down so that he can justify his actions. We’ll see if it pays off. However it’s clear, attacking the city, and fan base that buys your jersey and gloats about how good you are buys you the title of villain.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Post pics

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think everyone would rather see the jags/95 Super Bowl on rewind than my butt

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup. Amazing how age has a way of maturing us :)

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    OMG he threw a water cooler one time. Cut him!

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Who said anything about cutting him?

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    SteelerGlenn did? :hmm: