1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2018 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2018.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'll throw my vote in for BJ Hill Dt NC State

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    While I would like to see the team emit a one-two punch on defense in the first two rounds, should Mason Ruldolph be available by pick 60, you nab him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm backtracking off my Anthony Miller all day statement and vote. :lolol:

I had presumed Rudolph had been taken by this point.

QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St. All day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I can't believe he's still available tbh. No way that happens come draft time.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I can't believe some of the players left and I was eyeing some pass rusher and they went off the board. With that said here is my list of guys:

Rudolph QB - Wow hard to pass him in the 1st round but here he sits in the 2nd what a bargin.
    Washington WR - The deep threat to replace MB and offers return ability, this kid is good
    Sweat DE - Pass rusher
    Nwosu OLB - This kid is pretty good in coverage could be a nice fit for us

I think it is a no brainer to pick Rudolph however when you look at things is that the right pick for us? I mean we have needs at S/RB/OLB that are bigger than the value we get drafting Rudolph here. Add in the fact we don't have a 4th and is Rudolph worth it for us now? I feel a good S or RB will be there next round so to me it is coming down to Washington and Nwosu....thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I know Rudolph is going to end up being the pick. But, with so many holes on this defense how can we draft a player in the 2nd round that has ZERO chance of helping the team next season. Plenty of good players out there still that could come in and contribute day one. We aren't rebuilding. We are trying to get 7. We need guys that can play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    One more thing, then I will end my protest. What do you guys think is going to happen the first time Ben throws 2 picks in a game, and Rudolph is backing him up? The message boards and radio will go crazy with bench Ben comments. I can already see the headline now: "With Ben Struggling, Is It Time for Rudolph to Lead the Way?". Do we really want that sort of turmoil on the team? Ben is a drama queen to begin with. People questioned Ben's confidence last year. How is Ben's confidence going to be when people are constantly calling for the kid to play. I can't think of a single thing more counterproductive to winning a Super Bowl than drafting a quarterback this year.

End Rant

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The problem is there is not a sure fire starter left that I see. If you are going to draft someone that isn't going to start, you may as well draft Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have said it before I don't want to lose 1-2 years of cheap salary for our future QB to sit on the bench behind Ben. I know Rudolph is a great value here but like TDFW says we are trying to win #7 we need other positions. I am really liking Nwosu more and more so my vote is Nwosu

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That may be true but a guy like Washington, Sweat or Nwosu will see the field in the first year where I don't believe Rudolph will so who we pick in the 2nd will be helping the team in 2018 imo.

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben won't ever be benched.

And I would like a better backup than Landry Jones.

12. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, count me as someone not on the Rudolph bandwagon. Not impressed at all. He is far from a sure thing. Already have two question marks on the bench.

Edmunds
    White
    Fred Warner (hes becoming one of my favorite players, hybrid LB/S)

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Kinda feel the same way I like Rudolph but don't want him just sitting here when imo we are so close and could use this pick for other needs. With that said I feel all the people not wanting Rudolph need to vote the same player otherwise Rudolph will win. He might have already I am not sure what the vote count is I know I voted Nwosu and seen Washintons name as well as Hill so I don't think there is a chance for anyone other than Rudolph.

15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    This wouldn't be a 1st round contract if he were taken in the second (which is not realistic anyway). Not talking big money with a 2nd round contract.

The "new normal" can't be rookie QBs coming in and starting and performing well in year 1. That defies the odds even with some QBs recently having done it.

Rookie QBs, no matter what round they are drafted in, should have a couple of years to sit and learn. I truly believe so many rookie QBs have busted over the last 15 years specifically because they have been rushed into action when they aren't ready.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not so sure second round isn't realistic. Up until about a month ago there were sites that had a mid round grade on Rudolph. Just about every site you go on has him listed as the 6th QB in the draft behind Jackson. It wouldnt shock me if Rudolph is still there at the end of the 2nd.

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I'll take that "bet".

I doubt he lasts until #28 and I'm pretty sure he won't make it out of round 1.

I believe in him. He's not can't miss obviously but he has talent and off the chart intangibles.

Plus he is in a QB needy draft year. It's highly likely 4 QBs go in the top 10, possibly even top 6. Then there are still QB starved reams to follow like Buffalo, Miami and Arizona.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My vote goes for Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Realistic or not, he's far too great a value to pass up here.

I vote Mason Rudolph, QB.

21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven't voted yet because I seriously have no idea where to go here... :hmm:

22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am officially voting for Rudolph, but wish I was voting for another JuJu type 2nd round player.

23. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Time is way past due.

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St is the pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not so sure about that any more I think teams are seeing the success of so many of late and are seeing the benefits of having a QB at a cheap price. We saw it wit Ben, then Wilson and now with Wentz. The Rams are spending now cause they have Geoff on the rookie contract and are going all in. IMO I see this as becoming the norm, I agree some need time but just like anything else money rules.

I have said before that college players are so much more NFL ready now. I think a lot has to do with teams running pro systems and pro coaching going to college instead of in the past where everyone wanted an NFL job. jmo

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I would almost say that pro coaching are now running college systems.