1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Jarry is playing much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I was happy the game was on TV last night cause I really wanted to see Brassard score. Unfortunately, I did.

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Two back to back situations this week. Saturday/Sunday and Tuesday/Wednesday or Wednesday/Thursday. Hope Murray is back and Jarry keeps playing solid. The Pens need to play well in the four games.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    One out of two on the first back to back isn't bad but I would like to see them win both games on the second back to back. Two games in a row they have disallowed a Penguins goal. Hope this doesn't continue long. Also, hope Murray gets back soon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That waved off goal because of goaltender interference was complete and utter BS. In no way did they stop him from making a play on the puck. His head wasn't bumped until after Domoulin had released the puck and made his move. Anyways good to see the defense rebound against the Stars and DeSmith looked solid. I think they should just rotate them until Murray is cleared to play. Jarry seems to play better one game on and then one game off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    DeSmith gave that game last night away. Up by 2 going into the 3rd period and he gives up 2 goals to allow the tie and then gives up a goal in overtime. He had plenty of help by the Pens taking 2 dumb penalties in the 3rd period. Murrey needs to come back very soon and be ready to play at a high level. I don't trust either of our backup goalies under pressure. The problem is when he comes back can he stay healthy which has been a big concern with him. The other problem is that our three superstars just disappear at times like last night. This team is still not where they need to be to win another Stanley Cup this year. IMO

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're right Fan - Jarry and DeSmith are 40-50 minute goalies at best but not the 60 or 65+ minute goalie needed for the 3-peat. And we saw what one of our ex-goalie did for the Canucks last night. This is troubling. Not unlike the Steelers, the O will have to continue to win these game down the stretch with a shakey D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't think they can 3 peat unless the offense starts playing at a very high level and continues that level through the playoffs.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Ten more games to play. The Pens pretty much have a playoff spot secured. Now they have to work on positioning and more importantly they need to start playing Penguins hockey and get their goalie back.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pens have to regain their roadie sea legs - 4 of their last 5 losses were on the road. They finish with 6 of final 10 at home which is handy with the current goalie situation. Can Tom Barrasso still suit up? He's only 52. :shrug: Maybe Thomas Vokoun? DeSmith while a "rookie" is the only goalie with veteran age at 26, Murray is 24 and Jarry 22. Knowing Murray's injury history, finding a veteran backup goalie should be #1 off-season move.

11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think that was a priority this year and I think they thought they solved the problem, but it didn't work out. They should only play DeSmith when Murrey is out if possible. They do have a back to back this week. They were tied with another team for the most back to backs this year at 19.

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Time for the Pens to go to work tonight and pick up 2 points.

13. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    What a sorry performance from the Pens.Maybe its to be expected. The Pens never play very well after 4 days off and Murrey had a lot of rust from the two weeks off. They are in trouble if they can't snap out of it. They lost ground in their division. Tonight at home they need to start playing like they are serious about a run for another cup.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The best thing last night was that the Pens won and got 2 points. The game was a lot closer than it should have been but then DeSmith was in goal. Great highlight goal by Crosby. Hopefully Murrey has the rust off tomorrow night. Big game Sunday against the Flyers. They still need to overall play nuch beter,

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And out of nowhere Columbus pulled right up along side the Caps, Pens and Flyers stringing together 9 in a row. No margin for error the next two weeks. Ideally Pens can eek out home rink advantage for a few rounds to counter their continued sluggish road woes.

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    If they don't start playing much better it won't matter where they are playing.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Dang - Caps, Flyers and Bluejets all win tonight with Pens off. Their Division is tighter than a (fill in the blank).

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Big game against the Flyers tomorrow.

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Hard fought game. Hope they pull it out here at the end.

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens won and got the 2 points. They need to play much better to go very far in the playoffs. Need to beat up Detroit on Tuesday. They sure fell flat on their faces against a weak Detroit team. I'm beginning to think Murrey is the biggest problem. He gives up too many goals per game and a lot of them are easy goals. He is playing nowhere near as good as he played the last two years.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  21. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Interesting game tonight. Lets see how they respond to a complete screw up in the last game. Playing away against a team fighting to get into the playoffs should make it a good game unless the Pens lay down like they did against Detroit. We know Murrey will probably give up 3 goals at least so the Pens offense needs to crank it up.

22. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Tied 2-2 going into the 3rd period. If Crosby wants to be the man for the Pens its time for him to take over the game and pull out a win. We know Murrey will give up at least 1 more score.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You were right on both counts Fan. I sound like a broken record. :thumbs_up: Nice road win and didn't waste any time doing so in OT. If season ended yesterday Pens would face Flyers. Not sure if that changed with the win tonight. Pen's have owned Flyers this season but that was just one in four against Devils.

24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The next 4 games to end the regular season are all large. I think they will win 3 of the 4 and go into the playoffs with some momentum. I think they need to assume Murrey is going to give up an average of 3 goals a game regardless of who they playing and focus on scoring at least 4 goals a game. They are not as good as the last 2 years but I think they are still good enough to win their third Stanley Cup in a row.
    I think the real key is for the Pens to win almost every game they play at home and steal a road victory here and there. It will be interesting to watch them.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The March Begins 3lieve. Tremble Caps tremble the Pen's are in.