1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gronkowski Rumor & More

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Mar 31, 2018.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    https://www.inquisitr.com/4848594/nfl-rumors-patriots-could-trade-rob-gronkowski-to-steelers-or-texans-per-12up/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+google/yDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Just imagine having Brown, Bell, and Gronk all on the same team. But, our salary cap situation doesn't fit his needs.

Also, we would have to give up something "big" in a trade and I doubt that we would do something like that. Furthermore, he won't get released because the Patriots would want something in return. We need to keep our draft picks as well.

On an extra note, this always happens to us and we never act on it because of money problems. We also have a lack of interest in "good" players who are rumored to be released or traded. (Suh, Talib, Beckham, Jimmy Graham, etc.) Now we know why the Steelers have issues winning another Super Bowl. But, is too much star power on a team helpful or hurtful? I honestly see nothing wrong if we decided to trade for someone who could be a difference maker, but right now, I think that we should keep our draft picks for this year.

Even though that we may not need some of those players, our roster would look nicer if we signed some of them:

Steelers:

Suh - Heyward - Tuitt - Depree - DE/DT
    Talib - Haden - Burns - CB
    Gronk or Graham - James - McDonald - TE
    Brown - Beckham - Bryant - JuJu - WR

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Rumors are fun. :lolol::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ask yourself this. Why are teams parting with these great players? Suh, overrrated and not worth half the money he gets. Graham? Saints got all they ciuld iut of him and he hasnt been close tot he same. Gronk? Has he played a full yesr at all? Teams let these guys go for a reason. The first wave of free agency is fools gold 90% of the time

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    You don't trade within your division and you certainly don't trade to your biggest rival.

No chance.

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    There’s no way I could root for him. No way in hell.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Until he scored?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Did they raise the salary cap to 300M?????

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We got Haden last year so there goes that theory.

9. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Nope not even then. I have that image of him pointing and laughing at our guy when he scored that touchdown. I’ll be rooting for him get lit up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's worked so well for the Redskins, so far!

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    SIGN HIM!

SIGN EVERYONE!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Sadly, I cannot agree with this either.

There is no telling what theatrics he and Bell could conjure together. Having one issue is bad enough. Two? No thank you.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    We wouldn’t act on this for several reasons.Offense isn’t the problem!Gronk is a great player but is a head case.Could you imagine here with basically free reigns to do what he wants to as Belichick can hardly keep him under control!Lastly,we don’t sign big names because that’s not the Steeler way and limited cap space.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dawgone, we should have given them Mitchell straight up.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I don't like him as an individual but Gronk at TE for us would be unreal, just saying.

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Sports Boston:

In the two weeks since the Super Bowl, we’ve learned Gronk’s gotten advice from Sly Stallone and The Rock about how much dough he can make in action movies and that folks in the WWE would offer Gronk a deal similar to Ronda Rousey’s.

Is this an orchestrated attempt to create some urgency with the Patriots so they give Gronk a bump that makes it more worth his while (he’s on the books for salaries of $8 million and $9 million the next two seasons)?

Is this an effort to dip a toe in the entertainment pool while his NFL marketability remains near its apex? A Brady-esque effort to set up a post-football career while still continuing in the main vocation?

Or is it simply what it is – a 28-year-old whose body’s been through the wringer since college using common sense to realize that his position and style of play are going to exact a physical cost on him for the rest of his life?

Yes. Yes. And yes. It’s all of the above.

17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Graham has been a pro bowler and he will do numbers this year with Aaron. Suh has been a disappointment hes had moments but for the most part been bad. Gronkowski no explanation needed...

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah let's be like the 2011 Eagles and sign a dream team and win nothing :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Screw Gronk..this guy is permenatly attached to Bradys belt loop..No way id want this clown on our team.He would catch some touchdowns if he could stay healthy,but he acts like a complete idiot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    He would miss many games; as you get older, you don't have less injuries, you have more. And wit Gronk, it's not bad luck, it's physics. Too much mass moving that fast, going down to the ground hard. And he has a bad back; they don't get better with age when it comes to sports, EVER. No way would I even consider signing him, even if he didn't cost a fortune, period.

21. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I could see Gronk having a secret deal with Belicheat to retire once the trade was completed just to screw his new team and getting the pats extra draft picks for nothing. In return he gets to sleep with Brady's wife 3 nights. I wouldn't trust the pats with ANY trade.

22. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Well, Gronk might have too much fun living in New York, Texas, Florida, and even California if he got traded to any of those teams. Bring him to Pittsburgh and who knows what he'll get into? He'll probably party in Southside or go to Oakland? At least he's not like Manziel...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will be out of football in 2-3 years, body can't hold up. How many games does he miss per year now?

24. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Where was Harrison playing Cinci - Pats..
    Witten yes Gronk no.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure what you're talking about?
    My point was the OP said we NEVER make move to acquire good payers that are being released because of money problems. Well we got Haden last year so he would be wrong.