1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    it’s so hard to be a hero in a city that paints youu out to be the villain..
    https://www.thescore.com/s/4794063

So over this clown...Doesn't he ever shut his mouth...Now it's boo hoo,whoa is me...everybody elses fault...**** him...Bye!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At first I supported his position as business in the nfl. Now I’m really starting to dislike him personally. With that said, I still want him to play at the tag, because that will help us win. Last thing I want is for his bad behavior to be rewarded by his being released, and the Steelers won’t do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that a line from a movie? trying to sound too dramatic.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly why does this imbicile think he is a Hero? Who wants a dope smoking dip$#|^ for a hero?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Dude is " crackin " up...literally...My gut is telling me the higher up are so over his b.s.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    i'd rescind that tag today. At some point you have to value your principles.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree Glenn with the principal part. But you don’t want to reward bad behavior do you? And more specifically, wouldn’t the Steelers be showing the proper principal by standing behind their very fair offer of the value of the tag? I certainly would no longer discuss a new contract.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe. Kinda similar with Harrison though? At some point you just can't allow those antics even if it could potentially harm you in the win column.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t think they should have rewarded Harrison’s behavior. Or Blount. Personally, I think we could have used Harrison vs Jacksonville. Blount, I would have made sit on the bench.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah, but they rewarded the team by getting rid of these guys.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Oh **** you turned that corner... Wait for it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I'll be the first... James could've made a difference at times last season in containing the run bleed on his side. Could've but wasn't given the opp. Blount could've had more touches which would've spelled bell and maybe kept him happy/engaged but was not given the opp.

All that said. In James situation it would've been presumedly rewarding a dude who started acting bitchish in the club house to cave into his demands however may have or could have yielded results. In Blounts, well he had more upside than James productivity speaking as its 2 different instances in 2 big different times.
    But was never gonna get his touches as this org decided long ago that Bell will be run into the ground with or without having injuries and BS.

Bottom line is, both did get ultimately rewarded for being A holes and now Bell will get something for playing what used to be a dangerous game, but is now acceptable in a misconstrued butt hurt society.

All could've been avoided if the 2 addressed here kept their mouths shut and played when asked too as well as the FO not being stupid with player rotation/adjustments. They were being paid... And nicely so. Shut up and take it for what it is.

Bell was rewarded with a nice contract offer and **** on it because he or his ear Whig been whispering and pumping him up to something he is not. Just like James and Blount had a hard time recognizing that they weren't the 1's... Bells having a hard time thinking he's above a 1!

2 out of the 3 will say nice things and maybe offer a regret stance down the road on some show. No need for Blount too as he's been good since dicking his way out of here.

I'm starting to misconstrue everything during revision as the beer is flowing nicely on opening day so I will run off til the morrow.

Hahahahahaahha

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Psst Lev, here is the super secret formula for being a hero in Pittsburgh ......

Show up, Shut up, and play.

Heath Miller has been retired for two seasons and he still has his name chanted and it isn't because he was the Juice.

Show up shut up and play.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Cant We Trade the idiot now he is tagged?????

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No. Not until he signs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I didn't agree with tagging him in the first place. I believed that signing a much cheaper (albeit inferior) RB and using the cap savings on defensive free agents would have been the better move. For some strange reason Colbert didn't ask for my opinion and went ahead and tagged Bell without my blessings.

With that being said, rescinding the tag now makes no sense. All of the top free agents are gone. Yeah, we'd save a ton of cap space, but there's nowhere to spend it now. We're stuck with Bell this year.

He's gone next year. That makes him a rental player this year and will be used as such. Run the hell out of him this year and get us that #7. If it shortens his career, oh well. That's his next team's problem. Run him till the wheels fall off and take the 3rd round comp pick.

18. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I still want Bell here but its just not going to work. We should quit hating on the dude and just enjoy his last year in the B&G. Hope he dosent get too far in his head and have a down year. Do you guys think the Steelers would still take care of him after a bad year?

19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm sure that's the plan they're reduced to unless, there are some ways of mysticism going on behind the great curtain that'll get him to sign for a trade. Probably not but there is hope. I really think the guys gonna be an ass this season. He shouldn't as he's basically auditioning but so far he has not shown himself to be very mentally acute to this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Do it late enough, he won't be able to land a big multi-year deal. He'd probably end up signing a 1 year deal for less than his tag.

Having said that, the Rooney's would never play that game. He'll either play for the tag, or screw the organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't care who is or isn't available. I'm not even worried about who we're replacing him with I just want him off our team period.

• Agree Agree x 5
  22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree at this point. To hell with him and good luck finding even a fraction of what he's looking for elsewhere.

The City isn't painting you the villain, you pompous, self-centered idiot. You're doing that all on your own. (And James Harrison did too - he can stop his whining also)

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "It's so hard to be (realistic and logical when I've smoked so much dope and destroyed thousands of brain cells necessary for logic and reason and it's left me to be the delusional fool that I now am)."

There you go LeVeon. Fixed your quote for you...idiot!

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The staff already knew how out of touch Bell was with his worth they should have never tagged him . Now he can hold out miss camp and preseason again causing more distractions and derailing another season.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe. They will likely draft a RB, what if they feel they got a really good one?

They could pull the tag then. Colbert didnt rule it out, just said its unlikely.

I'm sure its an option that is in play.