1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell wants 17 mill now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Mar 28, 2018.

1. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Would you take the redskins 1st (13) and Jordan reed for bell or Jeremy sprinkle, their 1st and a 4th?

If we got 13 we would have a shot at Edmunds or Raquan Smith.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Maybe we will be drafting a RB in the first round after all.

Hey, when you franchise a guy, another team may offer to pay more money, but the home team gets the right to match, correct? We will see if he gets higher than franchise money offer. It would be something if he gets an offer and we let him walk.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Bell is arguably the best all around back in the league as of now,today!No way are the Steelers paying him close to 17 mill though!There are 31 other teams out there and someone will over pay for him in 2019!He has two to three peak years left (backs drop off quick in production)and we have him for one of those three with the franchise tag.I highly doubt any kind of trade will happen as we won’t get in return what we want.Our window for a Super Bowl will be over in a few years for a while after Ben is done.We might as well keep Bell for one of those few years with our limited cap space situation.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think Bell has some lingering concussion issues. He can't be that stupid. :facepalm:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

So long as they dont let him go to anyone in the AFC North nor the Pats I am ok with his dumb ass being shipped out of town

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Just tag him and shop him and lets move on.. Now LeVeon be a good boy and show up at training camp. Don't hold out and look dumber then you are already look.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No. Reed is made of glass. And then at 13 both those guys might be gone. If u trade bell, it can be for just a 1st rd pick. It has to be a high pick plus some. Imo

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I said months ago we should have let him go and signed two vets, eg, Lewis and Hyde (or whomever worked best). That would also have left enough money to add another FA even beyond Bostic and Burnett. Whatever. It's too late now. Give him the 14, give him 400 touches, and let him go. RB is a need for 2019.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s hard to understand the negativity in some of the posts because a guy is fighting for a contract. I get that he has moved the goal post several times and it seems like he is being selfish but if you were in his shoes what would you do? If you thought you could get more money that will have to last you the rest of you life, would you push it? This is likely his last contract as a running back. If you are in his shoes do you willingly accept that Brown makes way more than you do? You watch Kirk Cousins get $28 million for what? Never making the playoffs? Cousins rode out the tag situation and made himself a very rich man, he made more money than any other player in two years. Bell is moving the needle for RBs and whether he signs here or moves on, what he did will change the market. The guy in Atlanta that signed for $8 million looks foolish. He could have easily led the league in rushing if they had let him play the final game. He’s fighting for himself and his family. The teachers in WV stood up for themselves and prevailed. Now others are doing the same thing (OK & AZ). As fans we see things a different way, “get out there and play!!” The players have to look at things from a business sense. If we don’t want him, just cut him loose.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    If he goes in the north, he will not make a full year

• Like Like x 1
  11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    If this situation upsets you, wait till the next CBA has to be negotiated. This is a preview of things to come. Football owners have had it good for a long time. They will likely have to pay up just like Baseball did with guaranteed contracts (Bobby Bo is still getting paid). The players union has already indicated that they are going for it and won’t back down. I hate to see it but it will probably get ugly. It could all be moot if the supremes strike down collective bargaining in the coming years, which is also a possibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    The maddening part of this the Le'Veon (and some fans) don't understand is that a thing called the SALARY CAP exists! It's the elephant in the room no one is talking about.

Even if Le'Veon was worth $17 million (and that's a big "if") we still need to properly pay our franchise quarterback, fantastic stock of WR's, and the offensive line that keeps Le'Veon in business! How do fans not understand this?!?!?!

So go ahead and sign with the Jets or someone else, Le'Veon! You won't nearly get the protection up front like you would in Pittsburgh. Hey, O.J. Simpson was a fantastically gifted running back but his O-line had more holes than the French Navy... and he killed his wife but let's not get too off topic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fighting for a contract? That's laughable!
    He's being extremely unrealistic with the amount of money he wants. Let's not act like if he don't get a big contract he'll have to scrape by for the rest of his life. Not counting his rookie contract just last year and this upcoming season is going to make $27 million.
    Poor guy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There's no elephant in the room and on that subject. Everybody has been talking about the impact his salary will have on the cap. There's no elephant in the room and on that subject. Everybody has been talking about the impact his salary will have on the cap

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Glenn but the property taxes on that places he was staying at last summer have to be in the dbl digits and hi's salary from DQ only goes so far. He might have to drink tap water.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I know they are well paid and most people could live off of what they make. You have to look at it in the context that it is. Do the the Steelers owner’s group deserve what they make? Can they scrape by? Or think of it this way, any player should be able to live off of $500,000 per year right? I mean how couldn’t you? Did Goodell deserve what he gets? A private jet for life? Do women who have children by millionaires need $40,000 per month to raise a kid. Its actually called capitolism and the pay rates are a product of it. I don’t disagree with you, I’m just saying that it is the reality. Do the the Steelers “need” to charge $150 per seat, $10 beer? If all the players made $500,000 do you think they would drop the tickets to $25? No. The Steelers have every right to announce that they will pay a maximum of $500,000 for a top player. They will still get 53 players and field a team. They will not win anything but it could be done. You have to pay to be a good team and Bell is pushing his own position in it. Do you think Matt Stafford is worth $26 million? He pushed it and now the market is closing in on $30 million. The players know that the NFL will adjust the cap to allow for market changes, they do it every year. The teams have plenty of cash on hand, PLENTY. I really think it will eventually end up in a pay per view deal which won’t be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Bell has some history concerns and should atleast meet the steelers in the middle .

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We lost this one. We have no leverage in trading him because every team knows he wants to get paid a certain dollar and we obviously cant afford it. He can then sit out a year and be a full free agent next season with the freedom to go anywhere. If beastmode at 30 can sit out and get a job than leveon can at 27... if we weren't going to pay him then should have just let him go and used that money to address the defense.

19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He should have taken the $12 million per year for 5 years they offered him last year. That would have paid him a salary of 150% of the highest paid RB in the league.

That way he could brag about that in his rap career and not be a huge distraction to his team in his actual career.

It's a shame he could've been an all-time Steeler great but now it looks like this will be his last year with the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No one is giving up two 1st rounders for him. The tag that he is under now teams can't contact, but i'm sure Colbert is talking behind the scenes. Hope at this point they can get something for him, at least a 1st and drop the 14.55 that the tag is sucking up. But, he would have to agree and sign the tag. I feel they will get a running back in the first 3 rounds. I was hoping they just didn't franchise him and let the rap giant go on out there and get his 17 mill. The Offense is a powerhouse with or without him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    One thing to consider, interest from other teams lies in having first dibs at signing him long term and a year younger. If he’s a free agent next year multiple teams will want in, creating a bidding war. At this rate he’ll ask for twenty.

Draft Ronald Jones and let’s move on.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’d be professional, reliable, honest and honorable. I would not miss games and hurt the team because of drugs. I would not put myself above the team. I would not put myself below the team. I’d be realistic and fair in contract negotiations. I would show up.

But that’s just me, that’s how I live. I have done very well living like that.

Not only will he not get more doing what he is doing, he will get less.

• Like Like x 3
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    If you have so many values, why not add one about judging others intentions without actually knowing anything about the situation. Your the guy that would run into to a gunfight unarmed and show no fear.