1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell wants 17 mill now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Mar 28, 2018.

1. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    So long ding dong.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's his reaction to Colbert saying at the owners meeting that they are fine letting him play under the franchise tag and while they still hope to get a long term deal done it isn't their focus, they have other things they are focusing on like the draft.so his response is to be but hurt and say he wants AB money and it isnt about guaranteed money.smh.

The funny part is Tomlin still thinks he is the Bell Whisperer and hast ruled out him being in camp or OTAS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Please please please please KC find a way to get rid of this egotistical pos asshat before training camp. I want him no where near this team, let him be someone else's pain in the ass. Im through with this f*ck nut. Good-bye a-hole!

• Agree Agree x 13
  5. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Wrong position, wrong time. He'll never see it. "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Granted, he has done no form of actions that succeed even Odell Beckham Jr. Outside of his own selfish ambitions and antics off the field that subsequently lead towards suspensions, he definitley does not have Beckham Jr. Beat.

However, to invest that level of financial interest in a position in which the position itself has a very short lifespan is quite foolhardy.

Here is hoping Le'Veon did not ask for such an excessive amount. If he did though.... well.

7. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    Rb will be addressed in the first three rounds. Book it. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the first two.

This will be a bigger distraction than last year. Remember he brought up his contract in the playoffs. He will be more vocal this year.
    And I actually think he would skip a game or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well, since his RAP career seems to blow and there is no way the Steelers will cave maybe he should just start playing the Powerball.

This coming season will be full of distractions with this clown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I want 17 mil

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Dip s h I t 101

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Would he be satisfied with some of that fake cash they throw around in those rap videos....it does have some value I guess for a prop should his career take off.....yeah right!

12. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Can you trade someone who has been franchise tagged? I'm not sure. If you can I would allow Bell's agent to seek a trade.

What do you think he is worth? A 1st, 2nd, and 4th?

13. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Time to cut bait with this idiot. His time with the Steelers is over.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    Doubt it’s true, but someone from another forum said there was a rumor of Colbert exploring trade interest at the owners meeting.
    Cited more than a first in return.

If that was true, I’d jump on that offer, even if it was a 2019 1st.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    He is HIGH on some **** that I need to be smoking man! For real though 17M?! ***** please, either play a full season (Pre-Season & OTA's) as a team player and keep your mouth shut and help the team win a Superbowl or dip out and save us the headache and the cap space! Jagoff! enough with this Bell end. Peace you greedy piece!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If that’s the case why didn’t they just use the other tag where teams can sign him and we get two 1sts?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He's back on that real good **** again

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    is there a deadline for giving out other types of tags? I mean can we rescind a franchise tag and replace it with a transition tag this late into the offseason. And does a player have to sign a transition tag for it to be valid. Dunno and I don’t think anyone would give two firsts.

I think they had full intentions of signing him, but maybe they just found out that he wants 17 mill. I mean how many times is this dude gonna turn down an offer. If we meet his demand of 17 is he gonna turn around and counter for 20. He better be careful, I mean for 17 a year we could franchise tag him again next year.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell is going to play at the tag for 1 year. The Steelers know it. Bell knows it. I know it. Everything else is just for show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    He has to sign the tender before anything can be done so at this point in order to be of any benefit before the draft both he and the team have to basically bargin in good faith and then find a trade partner with high picks and cap space to work a long term deal that can be worked on before the deal goes forward.

So say something like Cleveland gives up the first, a third and a fifth and Bell's agent and the Browns work out a deal for his 5 year deal at 17 million or whatever and then they announce the deal. I think that is the only option open.

For the record I don't see it happening because the moment he signs the tender he is subject to team discipline and is required to be at all mandatory team events. Which means they can force him to be at OTA's and camp. I don't think the Steelers would do that but he won't take the chance. They have both backed themselves into a corner.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nice draft to need a RB. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This idiot is going to be a distraction the entire off season and regular season. That’s not good. We need to find a way to cut bait with this “me first” delusional fool!

• Agree Agree x 8
  23. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

You said Cleveland would give up their #1, a 3rd, and a 5th but Cleveland has the #1 overall. You think Bell is worth that much? They could just take RB Barkley and still have the 3rd and 5th if they needed an RB that bad.

I agree that Bell is using this as an excuse to skip out on training camp.

I think, like most RB's, Bell has to have a very good offensive line to run through. If he goes to a team that has a poor OL he's not going to do as well and his career will probably be much shorter than it would be in Pittsburgh.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No way that trade rumor is true. A team may give up a first but no one is giving up two 1st rd picks.

Id take a first rd pick in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Cleveland has a ton of picks 1st and 4th in the first round alone and a ton of money. I used them as an example because it makes sense they would get a sure fire established running back that Haley knows well and the Steelers could get Barkley. No one else worth making the trade for and weakening your team.

26. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    I was saying if we could get a first I’d do it, even if the first was next years first. I don’t think anyone would give up 2 first rounds...
    I’d take a third this year, a first next year, and maybe a conditional 3rd or a 4th if they make the playoffs this year.