1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite rb in draft to replace bell and why

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelcityclash, Mar 26, 2018.

1. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Hypothetically, if this was Bells last year and we needed to draft his successor, whIch back do you want and why?

I think the Steelers want a bigger back and would sacrifice speed for power, but I’d like to see them draft someone with that extra gear.

That being said, Love me some Ronald Jones ll. I don’t think he’s run the forty yet, but looks blazing fast, super elusive, and has deceiving amount of power.
    Not sure about his ability to pass protect, or his receiving ability. Anyone follow USC?

I think he could drop to the bottom of the second. He’s only 20 years old too.
    Reminds me of jamaal Charles and Kamara.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Tomlin is having dinner with Derrius Guice, I doubt they get him but if they do choose a RB in the 1st round you know that is the end of LeVeon Bell.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    sony Michel. I think he will be an excellent back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a Gamecock fan and would love to have him, if that tells ya anything... :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ballage, Speed and size. Fits better into Steelers cap plans. 3rd round will do just fine.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't be spending a 1st round pick on a RB this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm a fan of Guice, but I would not be willing to spend a 1st round pick on him with so many other pressing needs. If Penny makes it to the 3rd round he would be my guy. I would even trade up in the 3rd to get him. Could be the steal of the draft.

9. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    I like guice too, but honestly he regressed a little last year.
    After adding Bostic and Burnett, I think they’re setting themselves up to pick the best player on their board in the 1st round regardless of which side of the ball they play on. I would not rule out DL (Payne), OLB, RB (guice), QB(mason), or CB. They will take the best player available.

I could see a surprise pick similar to last years juju pick simply cuz he was high on their draft board.

I wonder if the heavy interest in guice is a message to Bell.

10. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    For some reason I was confused, thought they had a 4th but didn't have a third, but it's the other way around...

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I do . I think he's lost a little luster because of the emergence of Michel. Sony looks like more of the athlete and homerun threat on film but if you look at the combine performance Chubb was pretty damn impressive.
    Also If I'm not mistaken Chubb was returning from injury but if you watched Chubb previous(injury) you would come away saying he will be a very good back in the league. He might not break as many big runs but he will be consistent and for some reason his speed I think is underestimated. He did time very well in the 40. I like him I don't know if there's a chance of him being around but depending on what happens with Bell I'd definitely grab him in the 2nd....( sorry no idea his projection at the moment)

13. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Either Ro Jo or Sony Michel and I'll do a back flip for real! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Ronald Jones does look to have that IT factor

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Big time playmaker! RO JO!

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend, it isn't going to take a RB at 1 to relieve LB from his Steeler contract. Lev'ean's contract demands has already done
    it for them. In a salary cap system, you can't keep everybody you would like too, no matter how good they are.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree Ward. I know many fans are in a win now mode but the Steelers are also planning for the future too. There will be life after Ben and Bell. Colbert wouldn't be doing his job well if he wasn't planning that way either. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Sony Michel - All Around best replacement for Bell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. steelcityclash

Mar 25, 2018
    What circumstance do you see us drafting Michel? The Steelers never trade out of the first. I like Sony a lot, but I think he’ll be drafted within the first 10 picks of the second. Do you take him at one or trade up?

How much would you give up to get him. Just curious.

21. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Michel 1:28

ILB in second round

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    To me the Bell situation is gonna dictate the direction of drafting a RB in the first. If he is gonna be here even if it's for just this season I don't see the need to draft a RB in the 1st with so many other needs and options. The RB position is the easiest to get up to speed as long as the player isn't atrocious at blocking but we can also substitute around poor blocking somewhat. I could see RB from 2nd on as a possibility. I still like Chubb...

23. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Chubb surprised me at the combine. I know he has injury concerns but he seems like a back the steelers would draft. Could also see them being interested in Johnson.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't really like Johnson he has a weird running style to me. He seems very leggy if tha makes sense. I love the way Chubb runs over his pads always looks to be balanced and has deceptive speed and burst...

25. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    I Think chubb is more talented than Guice..its just the injury

• Agree Agree x 1