1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Shazier 2018

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The cap rules really are screwing the Steelers in this instance, but it's the same set of rules for everybody.

Count me among those who would be very nervous to see Shazier play again. Even if doctors clear him, you would think there would at least be some added vulnerability in his spine. Also, doctors can be wrong about a recovery. I had reconstructive foot surgery last June. The doctor kept telling me all was going well. Then she saw something she didn't like on an x-ray, which led to a CT scan. That revealed that an artificial bone graft on top of my foot hadn't healed like she thought and it fragmented. Painful, but not horrible. If something like that happened with a spinal injury, that could be disastrous.

Also, as steelersrule already mentioned, Shazier would need to change the way he tackles. That injury wasn't entirely a fluke. It is the risk you run when you launch yourself at the opposition with your head down, something Shazier did far too often.

2. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I doubt if anyone really knows the extent of his injury. There is a lot of speculation, arm chair diagnoses and personal experiences being thrown about. I’m sure he is getting the very best care you can receive and they will be able to tell him whether it is safe or not. Payton Manning returned from an injury that had traditionally been career ending. He will have to make his own decision on whether to return and all the people saying he is done or it’s impossible to come back should respect the process and simply wish him well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't think this is even worth discussing UNTIL THE GUY CAN AT LEAST STAND UP AND WALK!

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s a message board. People discuss things here. It’s a slow time of year, we would discuss how many dimples there are on a football right now.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Shazier getting better

• Like Like x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It looks like Shazier is up to his playing weight, he's also able to stand up on his own :thumbs up:.