1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Morgan Burnett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers113, Mar 20, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just when he hit the bottom of the hole, he took out a shovel and started digging.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry i'm confused... are we talking about Mike Mitchell again? ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    ST-ILL, you clearly feel strongly about this but any good points you make are in danger of falling on deaf ears because of the tone of your posts.

Here are my two cents:

1. Eric Reid knelt for the anthem for every game last year. Therefore calling him a kneeler is apt. It's not libel if it's true.

2. Your defense of him in this matter assumes that he would be offended by that name. From all I've read about him, he is proud of the stance he's taken. Why would he be offended about being recognized for the act that sheds light on his cause?

This topic is very interesting to me so hit me up with a PM if you'd like to discuss.

As for Reid the player, I've read he's more of a box safety so I'd much rather draft his brother in the 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    1) agree 2)agree ...the only issue I had was that he certainly wasn't using it in a positive context. I knew exactly where he was going with the comment and you and everybody else knows where he was going with the comment and it had nothing to do with football. As for Reid's brother being better I wouldn't really know I just felt he was head and shoulders better than any of the options the team currently has. I don't care about people not wanting Reid on the team, but don't let it be because of that.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually advocated for the Steelers to sign him. And now I saw that Reid is going to forego kneeling and protest some other way which doesn't affect the team he is playing for.

He can probably be had for a song, I'd definitely bring him on board, our secondary would become very good with the addition of Burnett and him.

Not going to happen though.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And he's a better player than burnett

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He's younger at least. I don't believe he's better. What I've read says he struggles in coverage.

That's only from reading though, never watched him play.

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Man I caused a dust up. Sorry to miss all the fun, been on my UCONN Husky board, as a lot to talk about with the new head coach hire.

I also don't mean to keep this exchange alive, so I'll just apologize for getting it started. It's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow. Great Comp.

I knew of him but I will say I mainly watched Memphis games to watch Riley Ferguson.

I was disappointed when he got hurt and missed the senior bowl and most of the combine.

It is impossible to watch Miller and not think of AB. The separation he creates at the line with footwork is amazing.

I think people are sleeping on this guy. I gotta re watch the UCF games when he is goes against Mike Hughes. That's the matchup I wanna see.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think Miller was at the combine, I wanted to check him out.

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    He was there and did the benh. 22 reps!

Didn' do anything else other than meet with teams.

For his size, I have seen some great tape of him blocking.

If he was there at #60, wow it would be tough for the Steelers to lay off him. I know it is not a position of need what so ever, but what a lethal WR group WR would have.

Im going to move my gushing over to the draft room as to not hijack this thread. :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

The Owners are looking for ways to stop anthem protests:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/26/...neeling-rules-owners-meeting-colin-kaepernick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah this stuff needs to stop during Football games. I tune in to watch Football. It's not that I don't care about the issues that they are protesting about, I just don't care to deal with it when I'm watching Football.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Me too glenn we don't agree on much but this for sure. I turn on to watch football, I hate that now the cameras are more focused on the sideline then the song. What kills me is these guys want to protest to make a difference but you think taking a knee makes a difference, I don't. Here is an idea these guys are getting paid plenty and are well know people use that to make a difference. As much as this pains me to say this but the Ravens did it right. Here is an example:

The Baltimore Ravens made a $250,000 contribution to the project, which was headed up by Scott Plank’s development company War Horse Cities.

The focus of the project was to rebuild the station in a way that improved the working conditions for officers and created a more inviting atmosphere for the public. As part of their investment, the Ravens built a community collaboration room that will allow for citizen-police programming

IMO these are the things that make a difference not taking a knee. I feel these athletes today have so much power and they can use it to make a difference. jmo.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Cause and effect. The kneeling is to bring attention to the problem and now the NFL is exploring solutions to help the cause, if they follow through, then the kneeling had a positive effect.

Change isnt overnight, that part takes time. First you need to make people aware. Its a difficult problem. There are a lot of good cops out there, I have family that are cops, friends, clients, I almost was one, so I am very sympathetic towards them but there are some that just shouldnt have a badge.

Im sure the kneeling will be going away soon.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The only kneeling I want to see at a game is Ben kneeling and killing the clock as we win the game.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well imo there are way better ways for solutions to be had. I will give a prime example if I were a player I would bake sure I talked about my cause in every interview and not about the game. This would be a positive way to support the cause, Kneeling is not......and that is just my opinion. What I will say is I watched less football this year than ever before and most of the reason was the kneeling. I am not one of them guys who would complain about bad match ups cause the main reason I watch non steeler games is for fantasy football and I am in so many leagues I have just about every player so the interest is there for me to watch the not so good match ups.

I know a crap ton of people and a ton of them are being pushed away from the NFL because of this. You can say right or wrong but this is how people feel and will affect ratings. I was using the Raven thing as an example there are so many other things players do that they don't get credit for.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If it’s christmas and I pay to see the Rockettes, I’m not paying to see them protest. There is a time and place.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They may have brought some awareness to the issue, but all they did was piss me off I won't support the issue now just for the mere fact that I was force-fed some crap when I'm trying to watch my football game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I had a response to this but realized there is a tI'm and place for it and neither of those conditions have been met.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    And right there folks is how you fix it. Do not put cameras on sidelines during anthem when players protest the national anthem. They wont publicly show streakers so treat it the same way. Without exposure they have no cause.

• Agree Agree x 1