1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we ever see this again (memory lane)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WinTheNorth, Mar 11, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sanders was a pansy. Yea he can cover like no other but Rod is the best all around CB.

Check rods vs Deion’s stats.

Prime polamalu was a phenom. Those are few far in between.

Deion, Woodson, Lewis, reed, mean joe, those aren’t elite they’re phenoms.

Troy was a god among men

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Troy may have had better physical tools but Rod was a better football player. No question . The stats support it. Rod's was able to shut down the best WR's every week for years and was easily the best return guy in the league. Troy maybe did a better job stopping the run but Rod was awesome at that as well. Both made big plays at big moments. Rod moved to safety later in his career and was arguably the best safety in league for a couple years. Troy's athletic skills were 2nd to none....but Rod was the better football player. His stats proved that. His stats blew away Troy's stats.

3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Sanders was the greatest cover corner in NFL history. Rod Woodson is like a German Shepard. Not the best in any one way but better than anyone when you mix it together.

Troy is the Barry Sanders of Safeties. We are unlikely to ever see a player like that again.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Only football jersey Ive ever owned is Woodsons. Favorite Steeler.

If Im building a football team, Im picking Woodson over Sanders. Sanders is a better cover but Woodson was damn good at it too and light years better at run support.

5. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I hate to break it to you but Rod use to get torched by elite receivers quite often... Yes he got alot of interceptions cause he use to take alot of chances but he was not a shutdown corner by any stretch.........

6. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    There is no comparison to who was better......... Can you imagine If we did not have troy for a whole year.... We lost Rod in week 1 and we were all devastated atleast I was and then some how our defense was as good if not better....... I personally think rod was better safety than cornerback......

Rod got beat alot and guessed wrong alot trying to win games himself on defense. I remember on one of those nfl shows when cower is telling him stop trying to do everything by yourself our offense is good enough now to win games do not jump another route unless ball is in the air..........

7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    lol uh yea...BS . He was for several years considered the 2nd best shut down corner in the league. 2nd to Sanders. Sure he got beat... every corner does. But he always lined up against the opponents best WR's and he earned probowl status year after year. You need to re read your history books. I watched every game he played. He's considered one of the greatest corners to ever play the game for a reason.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Troy was a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

Rod was better than the guy who for whatever reason reminded me of an organ grinder monkey.