1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agency Rumors

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers2018, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Darn, darn, darn it. I was afraid of losing him.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record I hate restructuring makes today's problem into tomorrow's with no apparent relief in sight. But plus side Free agency money!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The thing with Brown was he couldn't get a job last year coming off a decent season I am not sure why he signed a 1 year deal for a mil. I wanted him last year, imo the season would have been a lot different but that is the past. I am holding out hope but I didn't know he wanted top 3 money. Yes there are teams with lots of money to spend but they are not all looking at ILB and like I pointed out there are other options there as well.

4. Steelers2018

Steelers2018 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Not exactly when the cap keeps increasing every year

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Realisticly ... the steelers can't afford anyone outside of their own. Khan has his work cut out for him ... again this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It will increase Brown's base pay next year as well as AV Decastro and Tuitt with maybe Ben and Cam. Add in Bell's 14 to 15 mill plus on what i am sure is a long term deal if it gets done that leaves very little wiggle room even if the CAP ballons more than the average 10 million to maybe 15. It will also be when Burns, Davis, Hargrave and Chick will be due to be resigned lots of hands not enough pie

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Jeremy FowlerESPN Staff Writer
    Steelers slot receiver Eli Rogers is now an unrestricted free agent after the team did not place a restricted tender on him, per source. Rogers has 66 catches and four touchdowns over the last two years but tore his anterior cruciate ligament in the playoffs.

8. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    And Khan has done things this way for how many years now? I’m not too worried. I think the front office knows a thing or two

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Also, as much as we around here don’t want to believe it, our window is open for another 2-3 years. Or as long as Ben is here.

I have no problem with restructuring guys right now because in a couple years, most of them can be paid for because $25 mill will be off the books. I understand the young guys will need to be paid but a lot of the expensive guys now will be off the books.

Whether we like it or not, after Big Ben, there will be a dark period until we find our next franchise QB.

I have no problem going all in now and dealing with these restructures coming due when the team is in rebuild mode. At least, you know they are going all out now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I would agree however with Ben coming off the books in a couple years that is a big chunk that will open up. So if we just keep holding water the cap will be fine, plus we have 20 of 22 starters coming back next year. There are reasons why other teams have a lot of cap space cause they also need players.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Guess we better shift our focus over to safeties:

[​IMG]
    Jeremy FowlerESPN Staff Writer
    The Steelers have gauged the market of several free agent inside linebackers but could stand pat for the initial wave, as is customary for them. With ILB Anthony Hitchens expected to get $9 million a year from the Kansas City Chiefs, the market looks too steep for the Steelers.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They are going to sign him to an extension.

13. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    I saw this, this morning. It also says “initial wave” which is usually what we do anyways

• Like Like x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is fine I hope so even been talking about it to get his cap number down but the end is near, 2-3 years left max.....

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Another good read here as well:

Sign an inside linebacker: The loss of Ryan Shazier makes the Steelers' need in the middle of their defense painfully obvious. Vince Williams is a good run-stopper and blitzer, but the defense is lacking the sideline-to-sideline brilliance Shazier provided. They won't find a Shazier duplicate in free agency, but there are plenty of three-down thumpers available for modest cash. Tennessee's Avery Williamson is a rangy athlete with an all-around game (three sacks and two forced fumbles to go with 92 tackles). Buffalo's Preston Brown has been a tackling machine (512 takedowns in four seasons) and doesn't come off the field. Dallas' Anthony Hitchens is a hitter who would improve a run defense that gave up 150-plus yards in three of the final six games last season (including the playoff loss to Jacksonville).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The thread title says Rumors. Hahahahahaha

17. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    Yup it sure does genius. Now go find me one actual rumor of the Steelers being interested in somebody. That is if you know how the internet works and can make it that far

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Personal attack not necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I guess I should probably take some time away from what I'm doing and explain to you slowly how it's not acceptable to talk to others the way that you are, but I feel like I'd be wasting my time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ru·mor
    ˈro͞omər/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
      "they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
      synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation, word; More
    verb
    1. 1.
      be circulated as an unverified account.
      "it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

21. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Suh is certifiable, we don’t need that.

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Dude... Short fuse much guy? Dial it back a bit bro

• Like Like x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I honestly hadnt seen these posts when I replied to you in the other thread :lolol:

Sorry. Didnt mean to regurgitate the same stuff to you.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It's OK I did the post here before the AV thread. The logical part of me says it's business in the NFL and a just a way to get cap relief but the other side the fan side says it sucks what happens to some of these guys who are helping the team as the restructuring continues.

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rather go all out and win 1 in the next 3 years and be horrible for a couple years after, than be conservative good one and done team for years to come

• Agree Agree x 2