1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not like they have a firm grasp of timeline anyway. But yeah. This whole season is supposed to last a period of 3 weeks give or take. So let's say 2 months even overall since they've met Negan. Still seems forced, but that's why Maggie isn't showing.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have read that but then my response to that is why has Judith grown so fast then? I try not to read much on the internet as I don't read the comics and I don't know what is going to happen or suppose to happen. I know one thing the show has gone downhill and if they kill off Maggie(contract) you might as well kiss it bye bye. jmo

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have tons to watch but I have watched this from the beginning so I really don't want to stop but it hurts to watch right now. :(

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Travellers on Netflix is a good one.

I'm waiting for Timeless to start back and then Expanse.

FWIW I just picked up the only season of Full Metal Jousting on Prime.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am watching Breaking Bad right now and have so many series on tv on my DVR. Timeless was on the other night it just started back up, I have Arrow, the flash, Street Outlaws,Prison Break, Marvels just about all of them.....oh man the list goes on. lmao

6. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Maybe she went through a 12 inch growth spurt... ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    Sneaky Pete is back for a second season on Amazon Prime. That's another good one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Not as bad as Gillie's baby on Game of Thrones who, despite a few years passing in the show's timeline, is still an infant.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I thought they aged him up this last season. looked like he was at least crawling walking...

Doesn't matter for her anyway as that baby has no significance in the show, unlike in the books.
    (Possibly another red herring though for references to kings)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was a good episode. Rick is obsessed with killing Negan.

Simon is on borrowed time, once Negan gets back to the group, hes going to Lucify him for lying about the scavengers.

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought it started out good, but then kind of fizzled out in the second half. How many times will they drag out Rick confronting Negan, only to not really have anything change. I know what happens with Negan in the comics, but it's gotten kind of silly how many times Rick could have done something to Negan, but somehow it doesn't go anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres been two :scratch:

Physical ones anyway. One at Ricks house where I feel Negan got the best of Rick and then last episode where Rick got the best of Negan.

I want to see what happens with Jadis and Negan. Maybe thats how Simon meets his end, Negan gives him over to Jadis.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    So what was the purpose in the side quest with the old lady? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's so they can show more people in the group battling with their civilized nature....again...for the 100th time....

At this point just stop with the "this is who we are now, but we need to be better" crap and just tell the story and finish it already.

Also, we saw when Rick's group was trapped and they killed Glen, that they had what looked like a few hundred guys that had a stranglehold on every road into and out of the Hilltop and Alexandria. Looking at his assault force they look a bit thin. Anyone have a body count site?

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    There was also the time that Rick's group went to Negan's place and had them surrounded (when they had the mock-up shields on the cars). They had a chance to take Negan out, but didn't.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im sure most wont agree but thought the last 2 episodes have been great.

By the way, that vomit scene was funny as **** :lolol:

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    She didn't have the right appendage to bite I guess...

Yes, the last 2 were pretty good, which just makes worse how badly they've dragged this story out. Last night they even said on The Talking Dead how only a month or 2 at most has happened since Glen and Abraham. That's TWO SEASONS AGO!

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

Wow, thats a bad job by them then. It seems as if at least 6 months have passed since Glenn and Abe.

Although I guess the one anchor to a timeline would be Maggie, shes not showing. Still, they should have done a better job of conveying how long they were under Negans rule.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Tighter writing in that last episode. Showed a plan being made and the doublecross happening. That's how the beginning of the series should have went with Rick and Co.

Maybe if they showed the planning session, everyone would have had a framework for what they were seeing?

Pretty good use of the set-up with the mystery person and why he was playing Dwight so hard.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Knew Eugene was going to do that. You could tell Rosita touched a nerve when she ripped into him. He was so angry when he came back, I figured he was going to mess with the bullets.

Overall though, kind of felt like a let down after so much build up. I probably would have had Maggie bash Negans head in, its what he deserved.

I do like the idea behind him being used as an example as they build a new civilization.

Im sure Negans story isnt over yet.

Onto a new plot line.

On a side note, Morgans crossover was great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    It's Tuesday and only one post after the season finale. So the Saviors story line after 42 episodes comes to an end. That's over a 1/3rd of the shows and you thought the Farm dragged on! I'm glad it's over and overall it was a decent episode but I feel like this whole arc could have taken much less time. But I have so many questions:

1. Why didn't Eugene tell Rosita of his plan? I mean he almost had his head shot off. I don't know about you, but that would have been a good time for me to say "Hey,I'm your side!" You would think a coward like Eugene would have said something.

2. Dying words from Carl wasn't enough to persuade Rick but a letter was all it took to turn it around? I guess this isn't really a question...

3. I can understand maggie's resentment. But Jesus? He's the guy who spares everyone and it's not like Negan killed his offspring or anything. And Daryl? You literally just gave Dwight a car and let him go on his merry way, now you're ready to show rick up for Negan's treatment. OK.

4. Am I supposed to believe that not one person, not one, shot any of Eugene's bullets prior to this event? And even if that's the case, were they 100% out of the exiting ammo so not one person was using any existing stock? That's a big leap right there.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

Yes...

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll take a stab at it...

No way Rosita would have believed anything he said. "Let me go back to the Saviors so I can bite Negans dick" I dont think she would have bought it.

I think it was more Negans dying words about Carl not knowing ****.

Can't explain Jesus, he definitely seems out of place there. Dwight was a symptom of Negan, did what he did to keep Cherry (was that her name?) alive and in the end, fought alongside of them. Negan is the one that beat Glenn and Abrahams head in, Glenns after Daryl decked him. Negan was behind Daryls torture. Negan was the cause of it all.

I dont know if they were out of stock ammo completely but certainly low enough that they needed to manufacture their own. I could see not expending any ammo unnecessarily. And he did give Negan a pistol to test out the bullets. And they were all handmade, cant test them all. You could test a round and be good and the next one could be bad. But yeah, bit of a reach.

Not sure how I liked that solution, it was a bit cartoonish but I liked that Eugene ****ed them.

I'll add one to your list, the girl that came back and fingered Dwight, I though she went over to the good side pretty easily after being so pro Negan. See her gardening at the end with a smile and a wink like nothing ever happened.

Im glad they are moving on, for now. Wonder what next season will be about.

23. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    And how many watched "Happy Days" after Fonzie jumped the shark tank?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMG this is the quote of the year A Happy Days and Fonzie reference ..........:yahoo::thumbs_up::bowdown:

25. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought the last 2 episodes were great. Finally! I hadn't really enjoyed the show very much since Rick's group took out the small outpost the very first time they learned about Negan in Hilltop, a couple of seasons ago. That seemed to be tense, and then it just fizzled after finding out that it wasn't really Negan's full group. Not because that plot set-up was bad, but just because it got very anti-climactic and slow after that.

But the last two episodes were very good. Now I just hope to see the old Rick back, and not the sad, teary red-eyed, distraught Rick that is just about the only Rick we've seen for 2 years (real-time, not show-time). Rick was a huge part of what made the show fun. He was always a step ahead, or at least reacted in such a way that he didn't let anyone get a leg up on him or his group. With the Negan story line, he became a washed-up weakling for awhile, and it feels like he never really got back to the old Rick. I understand his being distraught over seeing Glen and Abraham die, and with the threat of seeing Carl almost beaten to death early on, but Rick has just never been the confident leader he used to be since, even lately.