1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (no comics spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Oct 24, 2011.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am with you, jmo here but I think this show after last year verbal beating from the fans tied to make the first few shows of the season super action pact that they kinda got ahead of themselves. I am not impressed with the season, a few of my friends and co works agree that the whole "edge of our seat" and "can't wait for Sunday night" is gone. Still love the show but the whole "xmas morning" feeling has rubbed off on me. I watch every week and talk about it but man it has worn off on me......

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually thought the episode as a whole was better overall, and was finding myself a little more drawn in than I have been for a long time. But the "shocker" at the end felt really anti-climactic to me. I know it's a "major" character, but the character really hasn't ever really felt that important to the show to me, despite who they are/were.

3. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I felt more for Rick losing a Son than anything,

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Crazy plot devices not withstanding.

Did they really just ram a truck in there and split not staying to see if it worked or not?
    How did they get the Herd led away as well?
    The snipers were slaughtered? How? Where did Morgan go after the "new" plan?
    We just drive right into a trap and stay in our cars while we get trapped?

When did he get bitten (underneath his shirt no less)?

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I’m guessing the bite happened when Sadiq and Carl were killing walkers in the woods. That would explain his willingness to die when Negan showed up at Alexandria. It would also explain why carl was staggering around looking dazed nbefore we see him in the sewer.

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

These will all be answered after about 4-5 episodes........:shrug::shrug::shrug:

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

They said on the talking dead to go back a few episodes it is clear when Carl was bite but nobody noticed. Very interesting since in this day and age you can't get anything by people, ya know?

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh I get that, but he's got a bite hidden under layers of clothing (again)...

It's the old sneaky bite thing they do!

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I thought him getting out of that was weird. I’ve tried watching Talking dead, but generally lose interest after a few minutes. It was probably a split second shot that only people with eagle eyes and OCD would ever catch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It was clear. They just cut away the instant before the bite. Watch it again.

And we all should have picked up on it after Ophelia.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like the talking dead there is a lot of stupid stuff but they do give you insight to things you might have missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe they throw us for a loop and Carl is immune :th jawdrop2:

It happens, there are people who carry the HIV virus but doesnt progress to AIDS. The way I see it, the show can go two ways on how it ends.

1) Cure. Which they could use Carl for a vaccine or however they decide to do it. I used to think it would be Judith. Who knows. As far as I know, Carl being bit is a big change from the comics.

2) This is the new world, civilization is rebuilt and zombies are part of life but with the knowledge of how to prepare for the sick and dying and how to deal with those who die suddenly, it never becomes an epidemic again. Its just something you live with.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    With medication

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Or maybe he will crawl under a dumpster and all will be good........:facepalm::facepalm::shrug::shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Umm, WHAT!?!?

Terrible storytelling. I really think someone is treating this as a film project and trying crazy editing to get a better grade...

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Abandoning garbage dump girl and leaving her alive will come back to haunt Rick.

Power struggle brewing between Simon and Negan.

Carl dying storyline didnt seem to have the punch they were looking for. Kind of meh over it. I liked him and sorry to see a long time cast member go, but Glenn and Abraham was much more gripping. Obviously the way they went out had a lot to do with it but I dont know, just kind of ho hum over Carl.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, and he did/used the same line he used when he did it to Sadiq.... "I shot over her head!" SMH, it feels like there's a trope dart board with peoples lines written on it in the writers room!

The Snipers...you had one job! Let's sit here and talk about it and then get taken out....

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The fact that there is only 3 post(now 4) since December 16th tells a tale how far this show has fallen. I watch every week and each time me and the boy(the wife don't watch anymore) look at each other at the end and say man this show sucks.

On a side note I think Maggie just set a record for the longest pregnancy. :facepalm:

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Without showing!

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The wife and I haven't watched in weeks. I never thought I'd miss an episode. I keep meaning to catch up, but...

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It is very sad we all use to be super pumped up now it is just like going through the motions......:worried:

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep.....pretty much this. We're almost just watching it anymore just because we're not really watching anything else right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    All criticisms are valid. But as to this one: they say since we first met Negan, only like a month has passed. And if they go the comics route with a time jump after this is resolved, we'll fast forward and Maggie's baby will be 2 or 3... assuming Maggie is still with us (contract dispute).

We can only hope that now that Scott Gimple has been told to sit in a corner and be quiet, that maybe the show will find its legs again. He's the king of dragging things out, milking things until all he gets is dust, and cheap gimmicks. Good riddance. It's funny, but most of the internet is actually getting more excited for Fear The Walking Dead than the main show. (And maybe for good reason besides TWD going downhill - the new cast additions are all great).

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's insane the Daryll storyline was at least a week of torture in itself, and they even showed a time jump for the first pick-up from Alexandria that was a week early when they took him.

Add in the travel time and the plot to grab more guns after the first gun grab and work things out with the Trash People, getting the guns from Seaside, working out an agreement with the 3 groups they know.

Not buying that at all.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018