1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It is what it is...Finally Cement Shoes will be gone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just playing Devils advocate here, but instead of celebrating could he have been mad that they gave up the first down there and that's what he was so animated about?

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What a freaking idiot! :facepalm:

Please, for the love of the Chief, don't re-sign this pathetic excuse of a football player.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You can't see it very well in that clip, but Fournette waves Mitchell in before the hit, which is what he's so animated about (I think). Watch Fournette put Dupree down on his way to Mitchell. It was bad all over.

Edit: Video isn't mine, admin please delete if against the rules.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Mitchell plays with a lot of passion and he hits very hard so I'll give him respect for that. I recall the NE game where Mitchell was aiming to just lay the wood on Gronk which is a job probably most keyboard warriors wouldnt want to ever attempt lol. But yeah, his days as a starter are over. Need an impact player back there.

5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ugghhhh Bud. I remember the days when I enjoyed watching the defense. Defense heavy draft again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    IDK man. He looks pretty damned excited to me.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was going to post the same thing. I’ve seen Mitchell be a dick on other plays, but it’s harder to work out in that clip. I seem to remember him and Fournette going at it all game though.

8. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    But depth players generally play special teams.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hate these we need the veteran depth type players. They never really contribute to the cause during the year. Mike needs to move on. Colbert needs to replace him and not try to make a special spot for washed up mistakes that he's overplayed for. :cool:

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m not against veteran depth in itself, but I think Mitchell and Wilcox are much of a muchness in what they offer. And what they offer isn’t worth much more than vet minimum. So keep one son that, and let the other go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I agree but if veteran depth is what we are looking for I have said before a guy like Byrd is a nice fit and he played for 900k last season. I look at what we had in salary last year and see what the level of play was then look around at what some of these veteran guys were making and scratch my head.

This is why I said cut MM, Wilcox and Golden sign a guy like Boston who I think we may get for around 4/25 but you never know. Also sign a guy like Byrd for example for around 1m and draft a S in the first 2 rounds, position 100X better than last year and at half the cost, jmo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :facepalm:

Dupree's swan song this year. Need to tender Chickillo

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Mitchell...good bye and good riddance! Fill in the spot with a draft pick or FA and we've got an excellent chance of improving. $0.25 a game is more than he's worth.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I haven’t seen any reports in Allen. I think they really want to keep him at the corner because of his height and speed combo.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mike-Mitchell-reacts-to-reports-of-being-released-116026675

Mike Mitchell
    apparently won't last long on the open market.

Shortly after NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that the Steelers will release him, Mitchell released the following tweet.

And now my phone is really buzzing and it ain't the pizza man........ Super EXCITED FOR 2018! God is the GREATEST! #50R50

— Mike Mitchell (@iammikemitchell) March 9, 2018

While the Steelers would reportedly like Mitchell back at a discounted price, it doesn't appear that they will get their wish, as the veteran free safety will be a new team in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I wish him well. I kind of have a soft spot for him because my seven year old likes him for his hitting abilities. Maybe he would be a decent strong safety for someone?

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And hence, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Or he's a liar trying to create an illusion of being wanted. I'm not buying it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I really hope it is someone we play next year...............#washedup!!!!!! Bye Bye cinder block!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Alex Kozora of SteelersDepot, who usually is quite level headed about these things, did not act his usual self when he wrote an article about how he was going to throw his TV.

However, more than likely, this will be just further indication that Justin Reid just may have the drivers seat for our first pick if what Colbert stated weeks ago is true.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like that I am becoming more and more a Reid guy :thumbs_up:

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I like the fact that all of the athletic concerns I had with him were put to rest at the combine no less. :drinks: His SPARQ rating exceeds evem Derwin James'; 135 being Justin's. Cannot find Derwin's though.

Add his experience in the PAC-12 and his versatility and I would even wager we just may have a ret con of a PAC-12 safety all over again. Immature and hasty I know but Reid is the modern ball hawking Free Safety we need with serious athletic capabilities to boot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I really like Reid but...I seen some mocks having us take him SECOND rd...Would it be worth the gamble to trade down?

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That would be impossible.

Last time the Steelers have traded out of the first round was in 1967. Pittsburgh values first round picks equivalent to how a diamond for that special someone is selected. For the Steelers, it is not worth considering.

Regarding Reid, I would imagine a late first round team like even Jacksonville would not even think twice about nabbing him the moment he is on the board given thay his combine performance essentially makes him a lock for a late first round option.

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Might not be the pizza guy....it's probably the IRS since he's been writing checks with his mouth that his ass can't cash....instead of playing it by ear and staying humble he's running his mouth like usual...how'd that work out for you last time Mike.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1