1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The brownies ....

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Mar 9, 2018.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The article I read said that the Packers feel that Kizer has more upside than Brett Hundley as Rodgers' backup. All I kept thinking is how the Steelers defense made both of those guys look like All-Pros last season. :facepalm:

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    These are typical Browns moves. This isn't fantasy football. Deshone Kizer has waaaaaaaaaaay more upside than Tyrod Taylor. Tyrod Taylor is a great athlete with well below average passing accuracy. He makes up for that with the fact that he does have a decent arm. He reminds me a lot of Kordell Stewart, accept with less ability. So you draft Kizer and when he isn't instantly good you cast him aside for a below average player. Very typical Brown move.

As for Landry, this is a good move for the Dolphins. Landry was going to get paid as a top 5 reciever which he is not. The Browns have the money to spend, so I guess overpaying Landry isn't an issue.

3. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    You heard it here first. Browns will win a game against the Steelers this season.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    They just got Tyrod Taylor. Are they going to trade down in the draft and get a ton of 2nd and mid round picks?

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Why are you concerned about a guy who works for the Browns lol?

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    They are in our division. I would hate to see the Browns become relavant and competitive again.

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hold on here what do you want us to do, FA hasn't even started yet not to mention we have never been a team that gets involved in trades or are big FA spenders. Oh yeah we just came off a 13-3 season being the #2 seed oh and yeah we are returning 20 of our 22 starters..........not sure what needs to be done right now but moves do need to be made I get it. I guess if we were 0-16 I could understand this comment but holy cow man..........

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am not concerned at all. I am actually quite pleased that Cleveland is making strides this year. John Dorsey, as I see it, is the right man for this type of rebuild; his warchest of draft picks to boot.

On that note, I also agree with Elvis as I do not believe Taylor is the starter. If anything, I believe that, whomever which quarterback Cleveland selects in the upcoming draft (likely Lamar Jackson), Taylor will start early on but Lamar (assuming of course) will be slowly integrated into the offense.

Of course however, as Elvis stated, assuming this also must mean that the following actions have been taken leading up to the draft and during the draft:

1.) Tre Boston is signed to Cleveland.

2a.) Cleveland trades for another big name defensive player during this period.

Or

2b.) Cleveland opts to go for either Richard Sherman or Malcolm Butler to shore up the secondary

3.) SaQuon Barkley is selected as the top pick.

4.) Quenton Nelson is drafted number four overall.

5.) Lamar Jackson is selected in the second round via trade.

6a.) Cleveland elects to trade yet again to acquire the best cornerback available assuming 2a occurs. My money would be on the likes of Mike Hughes or Isaiah Oliver.

Or

6b.) Assuming scenario 2b occurs, Cleveland stands pat and will take the best player on the board.

Again, this is all assumption.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    It was meant to be a joke ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    All of these moves mean nothing if they don't have a top QB.

They just traded away DT Danny Shelton for a conditional pick, I guess it would have to be in 2019. That makes no sense to me. You should at least get a pick in this years draft to help you now.

And they got QB Tyrod Taylor from the Bills so I suspect that means they are going to draft RB Saquon Barkley with the #1 overall. I think RB Barkley is worth that pick but if they pass on QB Sam Darnold they are crazy. Maybe they will take Rosen or Allen with #4?

11. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Yeah, they might, but it will be the last game of the season and we'll already have won the division and we will be sitting most of our starters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That's my point. Why do you want the Browns to make strides?

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Right but the op was worried about Dorsey not making good decisions and my question is why would he want to?

14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I mean, I'm kind of with him. Even though they are in our division its hard for not to root for the underdog a little. I don't want to ever lose to them or see them win a Superbowl, but I would like to see them become a competitive football team. I think that is exciting. I won't answer for AQL but he's a draftnik, I don't think he wants to see all of that draft capital and moves being made just get churned in the factory of sadness again and again, its so stale.

The AFC North being true to its image and playstyle with all 4 teams, with the Steelers dominating, and take home many more Lombardis. Thats the dream right there. Not waltzing in by trampling the AFC East into the playoffs every year.

The state of the AFC North this past season was actually kind of sad.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Didn't sound like it, you should have used green font......:smiley1:

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Simple. I want the Browns to make strides so that they can become a worthy adversary once more. Keep in mind that they have not offered up any form of competition in quite some time and the other Ohio based team is on the downward trend.

Ultimately though, I want the Browns to become relavent again so that we can finally have more than just the Ravens to worry about.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fixed it for you Sir, also in honor of St Paddy's Day a week from today. :drinks:

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They dont consider taylor their franchise QB, they will draft a QB somewhere in the first round for their franchise guy and let him sit and learn for a year behind taylor unless taylor stinks so bad they have to start their rookie QB at some point during the season....

19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    list of browns 1st rounders since their return to the league

'99: Qb Tim Couch (1)...... Bust
    '00: DE Courtney Brown (1) .... Bust
    '01: DT Gerard Warren (3) ....... Bust
    '02: RB Willie Green (16)...... Bust
    '03: OC Jeff Faine (21) ....... Solid, but unspectacular
    '04: TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (6).... Bust considering his draft position (1 pro bowl season and a lot of empty words)
    '05: WR Braylon Edwards (3) ..... See Winslow
    '06: OLB Kamerion Wimbley (13).... Bust
    '07: OT Joe Thomas (3), QB Brady Quinn (22)....... Thomas is a 1st ballot HOF, but when you see who's blind side he had to protect @ 22... you get the point
    '08: No pick (traded in order to get quinn the previous yr.)
    '09: OC Alex Mack (21)....... Perennial pro bowler who's talent was wasted with Thomas
    '10: CB Joe Haden (7) ........ Perennial pro bowler, tired of losing, came to us
    '11: DT Phil Taylor (21)...... Bust
    '12: RB Trent Richardson (3), QB Brandon Weeden (22)........ Bust x's 2
    '13: OLB Barkevious Mingo (6)...... Bust
    '14: CB Justin Gilbert (8), QB Johnny Manzel (22)........ Bust x's 2
    '15: DT Danny Shelton (12), OC Cameron Erving (19)..... Bust x's 2
    '16: WR Corey Coleman (15).... talented, but oft injured.. remains to be seen
    '17: OLB Myles Garrett (1), Jabrill Peppers (25)........ Garrett looks to be the real deal,..... jury's still out on peppers

I don't think i've seen so much draft futility from 1 team in any sport, so let them keep wheeling and dealing.... they're just making other teams stronger

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They are really trying to get better quickly, it helps when you have all the cap space they had,

I think we will see a much improved Brown's team.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

So you are saying they are due............:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    I would hold out on Garrett myself.

Some plays he looks elite whereas others he looks average.

23. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    They wasted all of the good years with LT Joe Thomas. They released CB Joe Haden during the season. Now they've traded CB Jason McCourty who was another really good CB for them. They just can't stop being self destructive.

A much improved Browns team might get them to 4-12.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  24. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    If you were the GM of the Browns would you use #1 on QB Sam Darnold or RB Saquon Barkley?

If you take Barkley you can still get one of the top QB's at #4, either Rosen or Allen if the NY Giants take Darnold.

I just think you have to take the best QB at #1, even if he is only a tiny bit better than the 2nd and 3rd ranked QB.

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I take Barkley all day.

There will be a great available at #4. Barkley won' be.