1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If SEA offered...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Mar 8, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell for Earl Thomas would be enough, IMO. I don't know if Sherman would be better than Burns at this point. I'm willing to give Burns and Davis another year before breaking out the pitchforks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Again worth 42m but no place does it say how much was guaranteed which from what I read was the hold up, so we don't know the details only parts and pieces.

CK you have your opinion and that is cool and I understand, but the whole point about changing positions is crazy. The fact that he plays both is what makes him so special and valuable not to just the team but to the other players around him. Without Bell for the defense to worry about does Juju or Vance get the single looks that they have, probably not.

Everyone talks about the running back position being a cheap position it is not. Freeman signed a big deal but cause of signing bonus and which years were loaded up it shows different, he will be making 8 & 9 per year the next 2 years. Also McCoy made 10.3 this past season and Gurley is up next. Fournette is making some darn good money on a rookie deal, imo the RB position is about to take a major jump in salary.

I hope like hell we draft a RB and one of this skill set just so we don't have to deal with this again next year. But to go into the season banking on Conner and a FA and a rookie I am not comfortable with so tagging Bell imo is the best option to get the most out of this offense. jmo

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Getting rid of Mitchell improves both Burns and Davis, jmo......

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not a cap or salary guy but there are ways to push money all around I am hopeful that a contract something like this. 4/50 25 guaranteed 15 sign bonus would get it done no? Would you be against something is this range, again I am no expert but going by what others have gotten imo this looks good.

5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Considering I want to release Bell as it is... sure.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree. Addition by subtraction. Even if Steelers do get a free agent Safety, one should be drafted somewhere in the first 3 rounds, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    A deal would have been done long ago, if Bell was willing to accept $12.5M/year

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    At 12 million we won't get the multiple impact players we need...

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I know they are cutting him but if they could get something back forhim than they would trade him.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    True but if like what is being said on here it is more about guaranteed money and signing bonus this would look good. My point being we don't know the details we don't know what the hold up is, avg per year, signing bonus, guaranteed or all...........

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sure we would have you read my post about free agents a guy like Zack Brown and Tre Boston could fall into the 4/25 range. Weddle signed for 4/26 and Trevathan sign 4/28 mid to top guys can be had 6-7 mil and depending how you stager the cap hit lower in the first couple years. Again that was almost 13 mil without hardly losing anything of value. We still have options to free up a ton more money, extend Ben and Pouncey or convert base into signing bonus like they just did with Tuitt and DD. The money is there don't be fooled and my way we get rid of players that have ZERO value and are replaceable a ton cheaper.

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Overated as hell...Averaged 3.9 ypc and 7 ypr with a HOF QB,HOF WR, Great OL and other very good weapons. Gurley averaged 4.7 ypc, 12.7 ypr on team with a **** line, **** receivers, and EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball. And he wants TWICE as much money as Gurley lol. Bell is the most overated player in the NFL. His numbers are poor and inflated just by the sheer abundance of volume! They run the hell out of him, and throw a ton of dump offs to him...And his averages SUCK! My God he hasn't had a run over 20 yards in 2 years, TWENTY yards! Gurley had FIFTEEN LAST YEAR!!!!!
    Bell is out of his mind, He is not that good...Just rode like hell!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I would do the deal.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't consider them game changers. Solid players but won't change life.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And you all keep talking about aging players... the sb champs just signed 32 year old Michael bennett

17. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    HELL. YES. This instantly changes our team for the better... and you guys know I'm a HUGE Bell apologist.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Seattle wouldn't do that deal anyway.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Solid is the key when was the last time the Steelers signed a game changer? The Steelers are not big FA players so everyone can forget about that and focus on solid cause that is what we will get. It just isn't the Steeler way so no sense in thinking otherwise

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The last two game changers on def were prime Harrison and prime troy. Harrison was an anomaly and troy was a high pick in the first round which you all agree on not doing. Tomlin has proven he's a bad judge of defensive talent so that's why NOW you turn to free agency. In those successful years we had great personell evaluators who knew how to draft.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    WTF are you talking about who don't want to do and do what? Who are you talking about when you say you all agree??? I am not a fan of Tomlin but please don't insult KC he has done a pretty darn good job. Also our drafting has not been that bad, no team hits 100% heck most don't hit 50%.

Back to the original point, I am still waiting for them game changers we have signed..........crickets. You quoted me saying the guys I mentioned (brown and Boston) were not game changers but were solid. That is what we go after we never sign top guys, heck when we signed Mitchell we were all amazed we spent that much......man now we are all pissed, lol.

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree we usually do shop in the bargain basement we left Walmart for once and went to the Mall and got Haden . Mike didn't even live up to his Walmart price. While we have a strong offense the time to spend and make bold moves is now . Just because we usually don't make big moves doesn't mean we shouldn't or we won't now...

KC has been very bad in drafting DB'S and great at WR'S , I would rather trade for a DB or sign a FA and just focus the draft more on other positions . I don't trust our evaluation of that position .

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We wont, Bells last year if he plays on the tag. I expect a RB to be drafted in the first 3 rds.

They'll wave bye-bye to Bell at the end of the year. Guarantee they wont even talk price with him again. Bell will hit the market and wont look back.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    And Bell cost almost that much alone....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell isn't 30 years old and coming off a Achilles injury either like Sherman :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1