1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If SEA offered...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Mar 8, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm just speaking hypothetically and I know it won't happen but if Seattle offered earl Thomas and Sherman for Leveon would you make the trade?

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we could get those 2 for Bell Colbert should give their GM a hand job as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Two DBacks past their prime (aka the legion of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately) for one of the best offensive weapons in the game?

Well ok... i was off about thomas... i guess he was a pro bowler this year but still... are they really going to help us win now? I saw the (surprising) stat that we dont appear to do better offensively w vs w/o bell but Seattle was one spot lower than us in passing defense and several steps in total defense... how much of an asset would they be for us?

Of course i have to keep reminding myself our passing defense was good because everyone would run on us! ;-)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I would say Sherman is past his prime but still better than mosr. Earl is still by far the best safety in the NFL and not out of his prime yet I give him 2-3 more all pro years.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol

7. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    really PWP? even if we are trading to win now, it that really a trade worth making??

8. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    Revised my comments after looking further but still unsure that's the right trade for us... don't we need more help on the run defense side with more urgency?

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would think so as Sherman may not be a shut down CB anymore but he could be a great #2 for many more years he is only 29 .

We have a huge hole at Safety and Earl could fill that for many years as well..

Bell will only play 1 more year for the Steeler's so 2 guys for multiple years vs. 1 guy for 1 .Yes I would do that everytime .

• Like Like x 1
  10. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    Although I roll my eyes every time someone says "sure if the price is right" (because that's an obvious statement) I can see the merit but what kind of cap space would we have to tie up in these guys? I've not thought about who is coming up soon but folks always gripe about paying too much for older players (of course they only say that about people already on our team since we never bring in $$$ outsiders :) )

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Sherman, Thomas, Conner, Rookie ILB > Burnes, Rookie S, Bell, Rookie ILB

Also allows them freedom to draft a RB early as Bell replacement

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Trade him
    trade everybody

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thomas and Sherman make a combined 20 million or so :facepalm:, never going to happen.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Again 2 players for 20 Mil compared to 1 for 14 Mil. The 1 at 14 Mil will not sign saying that is to cheap and will leave after 1 more year . So the way I see it the 2 players have much more value than Bell in the only season he has left here . It really doesn't matter that they cost 20 Mil as the value is still greater .

Now when you look at the years after that any GM that would skip that deal would be a fool. I wished they would offer that to KC .Bell would be on the 1st. smoker out of Philly tonight . He be screaming' Bumpy that's just a dime store trinket I had that for years'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Getting rid of bell and Mitchell. Bell due 14 and Mitchell due like 8. More than enough to cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Man hoodlum was a great movie my dad always watches it. You a merciful man bumpy lol

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I thought I read last night that Sherman was getting cut real soon.

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Hell I'd consider trading Bell just for Thomas alone. Him and a mid round pick would be enough for me.

I don't see Bell being a Steeler after this year. Unless he has a sudden epiphany this season and realizes that $15 million a year is ridiculous and isn't going to happen in Pittsburgh, I think he's already got one foot out the door...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Or instead of getting rid of a player(Bell) that actually offers upside we could get rid of players that offer nothing( Mitchell, Wilcox, Sensabaugh, Gay, Golden) and free up 12m there to sign a S and a ILB and back ups to replace these guys.............

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Steelers are trying to sign Bell. It doesn't seem like he's being rational so what are the Steelers supposed to do?

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    How do we know that, how do we know what is being talked about? We hear contract numbers and offers but no details, there is so much we don't know but yet we are all(myself included) quick to cast judgment. We heard Bell passed up a contract last year what were the details...we don't know.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The details were he wanted more than a 1 year guarantee, this time he said he wants a big signing bonus if he cant get a multi year guarantee, how big will it have to be, I think he wants at least a 20 mill bonus...........

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

nah just get rid of cement shoes mitchell

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    From the mouth of Bell:

Bell, 26, confirmed last year he turned down a contract worth $42 million over the first three years and an average of $13.3 million over the life of the deal. Even his mom wanted him to sign it. Bell almost did.

Since then, the Steelers are closer but not quite where Bell wants them to be with an offer -- though Bell adds both sides are negotiating in earnest.

The rap giant turned it down because the upfront money was not to his liking. So started the franchise tagging. Now he feels that he won't take anything less then 14.5 a year minimum.

Sorry i'm not on board with signing him long term. He can go somewhere else next season which is fine with me. He is a running back. Want receiver money, change positions. If he sits this year that's fine with me as well. I have soured on Bell. Some haven't.

So another rental is on the horizon. A running back will be drafted this year.