1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

After next season, Bell will be considered the 4th best back in NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Mar 3, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Mitchell will save 5 mil nothing you can do about Shazier that is what it is, I am sure we will reinvest that 5 mil back into the defense. My point is there is still balance, people are acting like all our money is on the offensive side of the ball...it's not. I have posted many times over how we can sign a ILB and a S to a 4/25 deal all with still having the money to sign Bell. There is a lot of dead money/players on this team time to send them packing and keep the players(Bell) that actually produce. jmo :smiley1:

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I posted this in another thread. Don't know if it's possible?

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Interesting not sure how that would all work(legally) but a pretty nice idea......Steelers give him some money while Shazier also helping the cap. My wonder was if he was to retire how would that work, the contract is guaranteed so is it a one year deal of spread over 2? :thumbs_up:

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah, not sure how it would work. Worth some thought though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Another thread fail by OP :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Terminate his contract and pay lil brother cash under the table... He wouldn't mind, rest of the world would tho hahahaha

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't think that would matter as far as the salary cap goes. I believe there would still be a cap hit?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    His contract is fully guaranteed

9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I believe if he retires, he waives the unpaid portion (guaranteed or not).

10. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    only on the billboard top rap charts

• Like Like x 1
  11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

12. The Renegade

The Renegade Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    As a Penn State fan, I have to defend Kijana Carter here. I do not think he gets a fair shake when looking back on his NFL career. I can’t stand when folks call him a bust. He never had a chance to even get started. It was really unfortunate. What about Larry Johnson? He had a couple of great years before Kansas City ran him into the ground. Barkley will be great. It’s impossible to see it otherwise. Don’t judge a player based on the success or failures of previous players. I never understood that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Actually: Pittsburgh has the most expensive offense in the NFL based on numbers from OverTheCap.com.

The defense is among the league’s cheapest, with only four teams facing a lower cap hit for their defensive units.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...serve-dead-money-offense-defense-money-spent/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Gurley is the best back right now

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He might be, but if Bell played in the season finale he wins the rushing title in 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You regurgitate the same stuff,over and over, and over again..You love Bell, We get it...You keep saying cut Mitchell, Gay, Sensabugh, Wilcox etc. etc. And there is your money, problem solved...No!

What are we going to do,play with 40 guys? True, Those guys stink...But they have to be replaced by someone, and if they stunk( and they did ) It would cost you even more money to bring in their replacements...Wouldn't one think?

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

If I say the same stuff over and over again then you would have seen where I have explained how we replaced them......I would love to post it for you but since you wanted to point it out you must have missed it. Feel free to go back and read how I said we sign Boston, a low FA like Byrd and a draft pick. I have replaced all the players we would release either via draft, FA, or off the practice squad. But hey that's ok feel free to point out how I didn't, ps welcome to the board.:facepalm:

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Your not gonna replace trash like Mitchell, Gay, Sensabaugh, Wilcox, with BETTER PLAYERS...and pay them LESS...And thanks for the welcome!
    Ready to dive right in, and gets some goid **** stirred up before the draft

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Really cause a traffic cone can replace most of these guys....especially Mitchell.. I will tell you what since you know it all go see what a 2nd level S got signed for last year and then you tell me if 4yr @25m isn't the going rate and same for ILB. Ok since your new I will help ya out Weddle signed for 4/26 as compared to Berry who signed for 6/78m. Boston is gonna get more towards the middle than the top especially with guys better/ranked higher than him available like Joyner. I am not paying less, Mitchell is at the end of his deal usually the deals are back loaded. The Steelers can get a lower cap number in the beginning buy putting more base on the back end. Byrd played last year for 900k who would you of rather of had, Byrd at 900k or Wilcox at 3m? it is really pretty easy, but go back thru my post I explain it more there. I don't want to keep repeating myself......:shrug: lol

22. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Barkley may very well be the real deal but comparing him to Bell at this point is akin to "the bird in the hand vs (two) whatever is in the bush".

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You can't throw Penn State Running backs under the bus if your a Steelers fan.

One of them made the biggest play in Steelers history.

Franco Harris.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As a Penn State fan, the one thing about Barkley scare me is, that he didn't really play well against the better Big 10 teams like Ohio State, Michigan state, and even Michigan. He tore up lesser teams a lot.
    Now Penn State's line wasn't anything great for sure. But, he does have all the measureables. The combine proved that much.

Browns would be idiots to pass him up, but I would much rather see him go the the G-men instead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Another worthless response that adds no value to board content....what would we expect from the Ting Ting?