1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamar Jackson Rumor

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Feb 23, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No it's not a tough decision, because the answer is hell no. We already have one young inaccurate QB on the roster in Dobbs, we don't need two :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Andrew Luck isn't a fail :facepalm:, he took a average team to the playoffs his first 3 seasons. He can't help that he's injured.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This. I was about to post something similar.

If Andrew Luck's shoulder ever gets back to normal... he's more than welcome to play QB for the Steelers after Ben retires.

4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    “If”? My goodness he’s been out for over a year and still can’t throw. What’s worse is that they lie about it. He would be the biggest waste of a roster spot we’ve seen. He’s damaged goods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The colts GM and new coach believe Luck will start week one, is this just hopeful thinking or is lucks daily reports to them being over optimistic from luck himself:

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...lard-no-doubt-andrew-luck-ready-go/377383002/

6. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    How has he done the last 3 years?....and......moving on.

7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    If me auntie had bullocks she'd be me uncle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We will draft a QB in the first round like we did last time, after a bad year and starter is done or awful.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    So true!Couldn’t of said it better.We don’t have the luxury right now to draft the qb’s that will be available in the late first round as we have Ben for the next two or three years.We have more pressing needs like now!I’d be highly surprised if we don’t use our first three picks on defense!We can argue whether it’s coaching,personnel or both but the discrepancy between our offense and defense is huge no matter what the statistics say in rankings.We’re not going to be great overnight on the defensive side of the ball.We just need to be better the next few years with the offense we already have in place!

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Injuries duh

11. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Keep in mind that we can fill a lot of needs via free agency if need be. If you wait to put your next QB in place until the current starter retires, you waited too long. I agree that if there is an outstanding ILB or Safety who is first round talent, we should move on them, however, we should not simply make the best available defensive player a first round pick if he is not that type of talent. If your safety or ILB can be taken in the second or third, then you take your QB and use the first rounder in a few years to replace a Pouncy, Haden or Brown. It’s just smart to look downstream and not impulsively pick to satisfy pundits or the blogosphere. You usually can get better immediately with draft picks, free agents are usually better for that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it sets a bad tone for the season drafting a QB in the first round....Ben may be a bit of a drama queen but he's our drama queen. Our best chance for a SB is while Ben is still playing and he said probably 3 more years so I really don't want to draft a QB and have that cloud hanging over the teams head all season. Now if we were in better position to draft more of a can't miss then maybe. Anyone we draft at 28 is probably a project that is gonna take a few years to develop. We are built to win now with Ben at the helm so let's do everything we can to help get back with Ben.....I'm willing to take my chances for the next 2 or 3 years,even if it means a couple bad seasons to rebuild.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers do exactly what you are describing, you have to when you primarily build through the draft. Its how they have been able to be the most winning franchise since 1990. They build with one eye on the future but they wont be taking Jackson in rd 1. You can bank on that.

People like to knock some of their draft picks but all they do is compete season after season. I think they have had two losing records in the last 27 years. Just because you don't think Dobbs and Jones has what it takes doesn't mean the Steelers feel that way.

Theres no bigger crap shoot than the QB position, they will not be drafting one in rd 1 this year. There would have to be no safety, ILB, CB, NT, WR, RB, TE worth taking before theyd ever consider a QB. All of those are more pressing needs.

You dont draft based on what if scenarios, you draft based on what is.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    JMO no fact to this but I have a feeling that now with all the Clowns moves they will be looking to trade back into the late 1st round to select Jackson. I mean he could sit and learn from Taylor and the offense would be fairly the same for both QB's. I know I have heard the Clowns like Barkley and Fitz at 1 & 4 and they have tons of picks to trade back into the 1st to grab him and we could benifit if we were the trading partner..... just a thought but did hear this talked about but not with us being the trade partner.