1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Lizard72, Apr 10, 2016.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Tough game tonight in Dallas. Pens need to bring their A game. Dallas played a game last night so that works in the Pens favor.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens need to wake up early and come out strong in the game today.

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    That is the way the games are supposed to go. Pens 4 and the other team 1.They are getting close to hitting their stride. Lookin good for a 3 peat.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's great to see them jelling on the road which is a must in playoffs. Sid finally got that 400th out of the way and then blew right past it. Excellent game, especially for an 11am start CST.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    25 games remaining in the regular season. Busy week with games Tues. Thur. Sat. and Sun. Would be nice for the Pens to win 3 of the 4 games and pickup 6 points. They are sitting in good shape to make the playoffs,

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pens 6-3, Crosby with 3 points. They are rounding into shape,

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    3 pts behind the Caps - with Caps picking up 2 points this week with back to back OT losses. I say we pass them by the weekend or early next week and then never look back. :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Three of the top eight point scorers are Pens. That is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Another win for the Pens 3-1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Big game tonight against Toronto, then tomorrow against Columbus. Nice for them to walk away after those 2 games with another 3 or 4 points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I take back my prediction of Pens passing Caps this weekend or even early this week - Pens have 2 tough games and Caps play two last place teams on death spirals - Chi and Buff. Consistent play for balance of season, not sprints, will land them at the top for keeps.

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    One more W in the books. Tonight will be a back to back away game then a few days off. They continue to improve. They have been consistent. Just need to keep it going for the 3-peat Some of the talking heads are just realizing the 3-peat is a very real possibility. But that is okay, they aren't the brightest group. I didn't expect them to see this coming anymore than they saw the repeat coming.

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with you Fan, that game last night was an offensive thing of beauty - hadn't seen that smooth of skating and passing for such an extended period for a long time - not sure if it was Toronto's D or the Pens O, but it was impressive. They also featured a great side-cam view that moved parallel down the rink with the Pens skaters at ice level - put you right in the drivers seat, sensing the true speed and skill of the game. Far better than the NFL sky-cam. After seeing the Caps get royally trounced by the Blackhawks last night 7-1? me thinks I'll continue to predict the Caps to win over inferior teams - Chi had lost 8 in a row. That's why they play the game as they say. Only one measly point out of 1st now. Awesome.:rawk:

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    They just keep rolling. Pens 5 Columbus 2. The scoring is coming from a lot of different people. Injuries might be the only thing to slow them down. They are in first place in their division. They get this week to rest. They did look tired in the 3rd period against Columbus.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I think I'll take a 2 hr drive on over to Las Vegas tonight. I'm normally just awful at predictions. Son of a gun! :thumbs up:

16. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Bet the house and win big.

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We passed them but they returned the favor and passed us. They still have a game in hand so it will work it self out pretty soon and the Pens should put some space between us and the rest of the division.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes - I hadn't looked all the games the Caps would be playing while the Pens sat this week. Still hard to get used to the "points" placement system in standings where the team in front doesn't move down when losing when teams behind are off - unlike every other major sport. Plus no other sport awards "participation" points for going into OT. Never researched to see if this is how it's always been in the NHL.

19. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Caps lost again so the games played are now equal and we can start putting some distance between us and the rest of the division. It will start Friday for the Pens and they still need a push until the regular season ends to get the best first round seeding they can. If they go into the playoffs playing like they are now I don't think it matters who they play, the Pens can beat them. I'm feeling a little bit stronger so the playoff run to the Stanley Cup should be fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Deal in place to bring Brassard to Pens in a trade for 2018 1st, Ian Cole and G oalie prospect Gustavesson. I think they went to much to make up for a bad decision in the off season. But the March is on.

21. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think it was a great trade. I don't like Cole he takes too many penalties and does not handle the puck well in his own end. I watched a couple of game recently where he just flat out gave up points because of his puck handling. Glad he is gone. The March has been going on for a while now. This trade just helps with the 3 peat.

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I figured Cole was the odd man out so I have zero feelings on trading him away, its the giving up a 1st round pick and such a good prospect to get a 30 year old 3rd line center on a two year deal. If they were looking to give up this much I would have rather they pulled the trigger on Duchense during the off season

23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    They probable did the best deal they could. Their GM seems to pull the right strings at the right time.
    We will see how it works out.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah not a big fan of this deal at all now. I understand why they felt they needed to make a move but this is almost a Shero level trade fiasco in order to cover up a need that they knew they had going into the season. They trade away Sundquist before the season starts for Reaves in order to offer some protection for Crosby and then don't go after a third line center to make up for losing Bonino and Cullen. They cut a bad deal for Sheahan who isn't bad but not a solid replacement for the two they lost and now to get an upgrade and not a bad player in Brassard they have to dish out Cole, Reaves, a number 1 in 2018, a top goalie Prospect and a fourth in 2018 in order to have the Vegas Knights cover 40% of Brassards salary and who knows what else at this point to make this crap of a deal work. This is a reactionary move brought on by poor planning. SMH dumb dumb dumb

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has Rutherford just fleeced another couple teams? LOL. Malkin MVP? Crosby
    Kessel heating up for playoffs. Wow.